DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram CC 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

This story is from years ago, but still with Chrysler. My mom was a die hard caravan owner. She got a new one every 3 years. On her third one 3,000 miles OUT of warranty the master cylinder goes out. She takes it in and they say it will be xxx(don't remember but not cheap) and she flips. Why is this happening to a vehicle with 39,000 miles on it? Service manager says sometimes things happen ma'am. Would you like us to repair it? My mom has always been able to get shit DONE so what does she do? She skips all the steps and somehow gets the number of the vp of Chrysler in our region and proceeds to ream him a new ******* and won't let him go until he agrees to repair the item. She not only got it repaired free of charge, she also got a full tank of gas, detail, and a loaner to drive in the meantime while they waited on parts.

Just stand your ground. You know it's bs. They know it's bs. BUT they won't shell out the money unless they see that they will have to to get rid of you. Lol

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87541
Old 05-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily i live in the desert, not much rain, snow up on the hill is rare, no salt can be used when it does snow, salt kills trees & trees are not abundant

paint warranty is a minimum 3 years, 5 years is normal

my truck came with some inner fender liners on the rear, they are extra easy to keep clean

Wheel Well Liner

Wheel Well Liner provides added protection to the underside of the vehicles rear wheel well and also adds an attractive flare to the vehicles looks.

Item Number UOM Qty Your Price
82211373 Each $133.00
Rear Wheel Well Liner Kit, set of 2

Fits: Ram 1500
http://dodgeparts.mopar.com/dodge/ram-accessories.html
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-06-2011, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 crew cab
Trim Level: slt
Color: bright silver
Rep:22
red041500 is on a distinguished road

yeah my truck came with the wheel well liners already installed.

they called me back today to say they will fix it but i need to drop the truck off for 2-3 days. kinda curious as to whos gonna do the work as they dont have a body shop there. i guess as long as they fix it it doesnt really matter who fixs it. i will be sure to let them know when i drop it off the first thing im gonna do is drive home and take the liner out to make sure they got it all and that there is no rust hiding anywhere.

as a matter of fact i might take it out befor i drop it off to have the work done , im REALLY curious to see what it looks like under the liner where you cant see.

who thinks i should pop it out ??
Old 05-06-2011, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick980 View Post
I found that you kill them with kindness, if the service person is a jerk when I pull up I ask them to open the door and I will come back another time then I don't care I line up in another open line, I learned to use line ONE no matter what he is the only guy that realizes that when guys who work or worked in plants and did repairs and were absentee persons, or front end repair kinda have an idea how things work. He worked there as a tpt himself so he understands a lot of the types of problems and how and why they happen.
That rust should not be there, I would however even after getting it fixed get it oil sprayed since the warranty does not last forever and well rust never sleeps. You are luck a white vehicle shows that up. We noticed it happening on the Avenger but it had and accident but I paid a few hundred to have the wheels wells painted because of the rust....this way the body shop gives you life time warranty on their work so issue solved there,now the front completely is lifetime covered because it was painted, and the rear wheel well plus it has been oil sprayed yearly which is warrantied against rust. Since the oil spray it seems no more showing up.
It pays to be cool with the dealer, my rims had a bit of corrosion, all 4 new 2 days later,one running board fell off, they replaced both since they dealer that installed them put them on the wrong sides and also did not seat the rivnuts. I call them to let them know I had to have them fixed, he asked why they replaced them, I figured the time spend to get the rivnuts off and straight the bent brackets alone at 100plus and hour would get a new set of boards which we pay like what 700 from them and they can't be paying much more than 300 since the high end ones after market are not much more than that. But they had to do the picture thing too and get it approved, were installed 2 days later both brand new and the right way,I can even tell since the bracket sit flush, when I first got them the squeeked, the deal said they can't do anything even though it's where I bought the truck and so I had someone step on it and I stuck a thin piece of rubber in between where it was squeeking. Next time there, I installed uconnect they told me half hour to starscan and will be outta there 7 hours later my wife is home 200 bucks out of pocket and not working and they did an oil change that was not asked for. Next day dealership I am with now went out of their way to reprogram my whole truck because the other dealer did some rrts that day also but incorrectly and somehow changed something that made it so my radio did not have the uconnect buttons...whatever they spend all day on it and even told me they have to charge more to checkover my installation after lunch I asked If I could take it apart to save me some labour time he said if I do that and put it back together then no charge so it was their lunch I pulled the dash bezel and center console off and even pulled the uconnect box so they could get to it right there instead of under the glove box. So they tried another box which did not work and they check the radio connection and even a different radio since this was an Ebay purchase. They got it working at 459 PM right in time to quit. They only charged me 100 bucks which I was happy with I got the other money back from the other dealer thru Chrysler Customer Service , I agreed to pay for the oil change since it was not due for another few week or 2000 km's but I felt this would help my case, showing I am not a jerk looking for a free ride or anything I just want what they said and it's not what I got. I also left praise there for the other dealership.

Im sorry. I just don't have the kind of time needed to read this essay.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:10 AM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 crew cab
Trim Level: slt
Color: bright silver
Rep:22
red041500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregster View Post
Im sorry. I just don't have the kind of time needed to read this essay.

then stop cluttering and move along ....
Old 05-08-2011, 01:03 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram CC Sport 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rick980 is on a distinguished road

Well you might want to read the essay as you put it, I have gotten things replaced like the running boards, why new complete running boards why not just put the rivnuts in properly and bolt them up and replace them in a few months when it went back for corrosion LOL. I have not had one issue with my dealer, they replaced the seat cover on the drivers side of the 08 Avenger after 2 years was all frayed, now why just the drivers seat, no questions asked they just fixed it. I know why it was like that and I know it won't happen again for sure but we get our service done there and did not even buy the RAM or Avenger there, but my daughter just bought a 2011 Caliber.