DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Practice and weight reduction.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:48 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:398
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannab View Post
and probabley have more mods than you think.
I agree, they have to have more mods that they didn't tell you about are you just really suck at driving. My buddy has a Chevy SS and I out ran him, the Tundra is a fast truck but you should still beat it with a decent launch.
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Old 05-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:69
ramrt1993 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYmPhMoBiLe08 View Post
Haha you ask us what you should do and you wont consider modding your truck??? Lol idk maybe work on you reaction times and still get beat by one or two car lengths...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc4041 View Post
wanting to make your truck better, but not wanting to mod it is like having a naked girl in your bed ready to go and you would rather watch tv....
I should not have to mod my truck to beat a lousy SS, and even a Tundra shouldn't beat an R/T. I never asked for tips on how to mod a truck, any dumbass knows that if he wants to win more races, to modify his truck. I asked for tips on how to improve my racing. A few of you had some good tips and I appreciate that.

Both those trucks had intakes, I believe the Tundra had a cutback, and the owner of the SS took out the muffler on his. I didn't think that would make too much of a difference though. Maybe I will modify my truck, I don't know. But in the meantime, I'd like to find out how to beat those guys without molding it, and I know its possible.

Their 1/8th mile times are 9.53 for the SS, and 9.5 for the Tundra. That gives them 1/4 mile times of about 14.8-14.9. According to Motor Trend, an R/T runs the 1/4 in 14.4, and I've heard of guys on run high 13s in their stock R/Ts. Maybe I'm a horrible driver, I'm willing to admit that. But I still think it should be possible to beat those guys without molding my truck.
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune
Old 05-20-2011, 11:50 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

i to raced a tundra and i beat him by 2 truck lengths i have a magnaflow muffler a cai 2 '' drop on the rear but i think its cause my calipers are red as to why i beat him lol j/k ya learning to launch is a big thing with these trucks 1 if you take taction control off your going to spin 2 leave it on your going to bite but get a sloppy take off. So if your serious then bring an air pump take about 15 pounds of air out of back tires take off traction control and practice also glad you did not go past 100 cause at 105 these bad boys give up (come on super chips)

with traction control on

with it off

hope this helps
Old 05-20-2011, 12:29 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Hemi sport
Trim Level: Sport QC.
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
wannab is on a distinguished road

RT 0.60 5.7 seconds. A bad launch a lot of wheel spin your 0.60 could change to 6.4 or 6.5, that is a big differance. You should beat those trucks or at least stay close to them. If they are running them at the track I would bet they are both tuned also. Get that launch down. You can't punch it to the floor.

Last edited by wannab; 05-20-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:57 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Driver mod makes a big difference. Once you have some time behind the wheel and how the truck responds you should see a difference in your 60ft.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
i to raced a tundra and i beat him by 2 truck lengths i have a magnaflow muffler a cai 2 '' drop on the rear but i think its cause my calipers are red as to why i beat him lol j/k ya learning to launch is a big thing with these trucks 1 if you take taction control off your going to spin 2 leave it on your going to bite but get a sloppy take off. So if your serious then bring an air pump take about 15 pounds of air out of back tires take off traction control and practice also glad you did not go past 100 cause at 105 these bad boys give up (come on super chips)
My brake calipers are red too Actually I think they cut out at 108.
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune
Old 05-20-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannab View Post
RT 0.60 5.7 seconds. A bad launch a lot of wheel spin your 0.60 could change to 6.4 or 6.5, that is a big differance. You shpuld beat those trucks or at least stay close to them. If they are running them at the track I would bet they are both tuned also. Get that launch down. You can't punch it to the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9 View Post
Driver mod makes a big difference. Once you have some time behind the wheel and how the truck responds you should notice your times improve dramatically.
I think you guys are right, I just need some more practice. I've only driven my truck about 1,500 miles, and these were my first races. I'd never practiced taking off before because I'm afraid of ruining my tires too quickly. And, I'm afraid my truck is gonna end up having problems if I always keep the pedal on the floor.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:27 PM

Vehicle: 11 2500 4x4
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:14
tbeaton is on a distinguished road

i can see the tundra, those are sneaky fast, but the ss? that things old and out of date.
11 deep water blue 2500 big horn, 5.7 hemi, 4.10 gears, 6" bds short arm lift, 20x9 -12 offset kmc hoss black wheels, 37x12.5x20 nitto trails, n fab cab length nerf bars, banks muffler w/ lou's custom tubing, pocket flares, top gun customz dual steering stabilizer, mission sled deck.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

I suggest you find yourself an actual Track FIRST!
You learn a LOT at street legal nights from the regulars ! plus its safe and LEGAL
all you need is a helmet and $25

My first run last July was dismal 15.3, almost stock (non R/T with 3.55's)
I've learned a lot since then and I'm down to 13.8's with minor mods
and got my reaction times to less then .100th of a second

I've even beat much faster cars just by cutting a better light, like SRT8's and Mustang GT's
left lane was a Subaru STi with a quicker ET, but I won by .0724

I've beat both those trucks (SS Chevy and Tundra) with the same mods at the track easily, and that's with my RCSB 4x4 with crappy 3.55 gears
it's amazing what you can achieve with just Intake,Exhaust, Tune and Tires...

Man I wish I had an R/T !

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 05-20-2011 at 01:35 PM.