DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Fixed A/C ?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  deanthecrabman 
#1 ·
My ac didnt work, I bought a 10oz. can of 134a leak detector/oil/refrigerant and added it, the ac came on. I didnt find any leaks so I proceeded to add the 134a refrigerant, filled the ac to the filled indication on the guage and I have nice cold air. I dont know anything about the air condition stuff so I guess all is well with the system now? I couldnt drive in the heat with the baby sweating to death in a hot truck and being i will be taking the kids to six flags on a daily basis I dont want to be hot either. Any advice to check anything? This was a cheap $50 fix for me, dont want it to be a $500 headache later. Thanks

#2 ·
ummmm im not sure on how to keep checking it maybe if it starts to get warm again add more fluid or just keep checking the fill line maybe.....im sure there will be other members chime in on this for ya bud

#3 ·
It depends on how much it was down, it is normal to loose a bit when the system is not being used over the winter. If you have cold air now and the compressor is cycling properly and the condensor fan is running with the A/C cluth engaged your good to go. Congrats on getting the cold air back.

#4 ·
Yeah I dont know anything about the Ram, Just got it a little over a month ago and been fixing everything a little at a time. I am hoping it was just something simple as low refrigerant as it seemed to be and Is working now. A buddy of mine is a mechanic and said he will look at it when he has some time as he has the equipment at home to check it properly, so that will work out for me... I will update when we get down to the checkup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.