DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Rambo11 is on a distinguished road

Please explain disabling MDS. Is that something that can be turned off in the Info Center settings or is it something that must be done manually each time you drive?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

You can not disable it from the console. If you make a mental note to downshift the truck to 5th gear (the 5 will display on your console), that turns the MDS off. I have been doing that this past week and plan to continue. It also makes you truck more responsive to throttle changes. Hopefully Diablo will come out with a Predator tuner for the 2011 models soon which will allow us to permanently disable MDS.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 05-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: QC Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:10
BBRam is on a distinguished road

I have a slight vibration around 70 mph, but I figure its the wheel balance. I had my dealer turn the tires around (OWL inside) before I picked it up, so I lost that nice smooth factory balance. I was going to get them road force balanced, but I'm hoping to replace the tires soon (I hope I'm not still saying that at 40k miles ).
The (harmonic) vibration caused by MDS at low speed is easily remedied by keeping it in 5 around town, and putting it into D only on the highway to take advantage of the MDS.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I (and many others) have the same vibration feel through the pedals, not sure what it is....I'm a 4.7L (not MDS) so I'd say it has nothing to do with MDS. It has been much worse now since I got the new tires and the tires are not balanced well (after 3 tries, ah!) so my next step is to go somewhere else that will road force balance them...I'll see if the pedal vibration is still there after that, I'm sure it will be.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.