DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:48
semichigan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to semichigan
Default BFI intake review by spedly

First thought when I took the BFI out of the box. WOW!

This intake is heavy. It is built to last there's no doubt about that. After the shock of just how big it actually was wore off I started to inspect the intake. I have to give it up to Lance and the Airflow Innovations team. This intake far exceeded my expectations. The powdercoating was flawless. The welds were almost non existent. The filter was thick and heavy not like one of those cheap knock offs ebay intakes and also the little serial number thing is cool as hell.

Like a little kid on Christmas I just couldn't wait. I spent part of my lunch break tearing the old Arraid intake off so I could put the BFI on after work. Well we were slow so I snuck out back to put the BFI on. Literally 2min later I was done. Was that it? That can't be it. Something must need to be adjusted, nothing ever goes on that easy. No the BFI did go on that easy. It wasn't resting on anything, everything ligned up perfect and fit like a glove. Again these guys really did their homework with this thing.

Now that it was on time for the real test. I start up the truck and it idles for a few seconds and dies. Ok wow its sucking enough at idle for the tune to have to re-adapt. I start the truck back up and it learns to idle in 10-20 seconds. Now its time to go for a ride. First impression of driving is LOUD. Not overly loud while cruising, but get into the gas a little and a gives out a nice deep growl. I finally find a little section of open road so I pull the shifter into 2nd and put the pedal to the floor. That deep growl it was making turns into an all out roar. The roar was short lived though. I had to get out of the gas after a few seconds. No I didn't come up on any cars. It was my wideband. The wideband was telling me my A/F was 13.2. No way this intake leaned me up a full 1.0. I had to see if it would do the same thing again. Sure as sh*t 13.1 on the gauge the second time. At this point I didn't even know what to say I was pretty much speechless. I couldn't believe my Airraid intake was leaving that much on the table. I guess its time I get a new tune and see what she will really do.

All in all I am very very happy with my purchase. I can't say enough good things about this intake or the the Airflow innovations staff. I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone. Great product two thumbs up.

I almost forgot I have a 3" body lift on my truck right now, so I can say for a fact that there are no fitment issues like some other intakes have.
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3930
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!!! Great write up! I got all excited for you just reading it!!! It is good to hear you bought something and it was perfect! That doesn't happen very often and it is good to know for the rest of us!! Post some pictures when you get a chance!!

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 1986 dodge ramcharger
Color: Gray & silver
Engine: 1981-1987 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:82
MrDodge300 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to MrDodge300

hey thanks for the write up
reps for that
pm me the link for where you bought it if you could
Old 02-28-2009, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 2007 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:23
07HEMI is on a distinguished road

Great write up. When I get some extra coin I will be getting one.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
Rep:399
RaiderJay6 is just really niceRaiderJay6 is just really niceRaiderJay6 is just really niceRaiderJay6 is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to RaiderJay6

The intake will blow you away with the sound and performance. Lance is a great guy to deal with too. He is a a sponsor on here and a few other sites. http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72