for a 1990 D150
Cluster Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the map light.
- Remove the six screws which attach the faceplate to the base panel. There is a screw below the heater-air conditioning control panel which is not visible from above.
Exploded view of the instrument cluster bezel mounting-1989-93 Pick-ups and Ramchargers
Click to Enlarge
- If equipped with automatic transmission, place the shift lever in its lowest position.
- Remove the faceplate by pulling the top edge rearward to clear the brow and pulling the bottom out, disengaging the attaching clips. If the vehicle is equipped with 4WD, disconnect the indicator wires.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers. Disconnect the shift indicator actuator cable from the steering column, if equipped.
Exploded view of the instrument cluster and switches-1989-93 Pick-ups and Ramchargers
Click to Enlarge
- Loosen the heater and air conditioning control and pull it out enough to clear the cluster housing.
- Remove the screws that retain the cluster and pull the cluster out far enough to disconnect the speedometer cable by releasing the spring clip.
- Remove all printed circuit board multiple connectors.
- Remove the cluster assembly.
- To remove the speedometer, remove the cluster lens, unplug the EMR timer wires from the speedometer, if equipped and remove the retaining screws.
- Install the speedometer if removed and connect the EMR wiring, if equipped. Position the cluster to the panel and connect the speedometer cable and multiple connectors.
- Push the cluster in place and install the retaining screws.
- Install the heater air conditioning control screws.
- Connect the shift indicator actuator cable and check for alignment.
- Install the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Connect the 4WD indicator if equipped, install the cluster faceplate and map light.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
see attached for lamp identification