DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

I use the center console to store my handgun. That way I can open my sunroof, stand on the console, poke my head out of the top and gain the higher ground advantage when taking aim. All while keeping my air conditioner going and music turned up.

(that's a joke folks)
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 06-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbass View Post
I use the center console to store my handgun. That way I can open my sunroof, stand on the console, poke my head out of the top and gain the higher ground advantage when taking aim. All while keeping my air conditioner going and music turned up.

(that's a joke folks)
Joke for you maybe...... Me on the other hand its a cold hard reality! LOL
Old 06-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
Joke for you maybe...... Me on the other hand its a cold hard reality! LOL
Actually, I do store a gun there. But I was joking about standing on the console. Wouldn't want to get my Ram dirty. HA! Are you in law enforcement bombadillo or just a really bad part of town?
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 06-15-2011, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road

Neither, just an avid shooter! I do a lot of pistol and target shooting, as well as some medium range rifle shooting. I'd like to get into the long range stuff but you really have to pay to play on those guns. To get a good setup you better have between 5k-10k on a QUALITY rifle and optic setup as well as a complete reloading system to hand load and figure out what your gun likes.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
CHADDER03 is on a distinguished road

just to chime in with my 2cents. ive got a laramie with the bench and i absolutely love it. and it does have a factory heated steering wheel, just not the ventilated seats. and im not 100% sure that you can even get the center console in the smaller quad cab, i might be wrong but i think its only in the crew cabs. my best friend has a sport with the console and im not a big fan of it. i find when you have the sunroof and the center console it seems cramped
Old 06-19-2011, 05:41 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM CC SPORT
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1981-1987 225ci (3.7L) Slant-6 95hp
Rep:34
Frank Drebin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismeyers2k1 View Post
Right, that seems to be the "popular" opinion these days doesn't it? My question is simply this: WHY? What the hell is the point of a big ugly block taking up a whole bunch of front seat room, both real and perceived? What is the attraction? Are you trying to convince yourself your in a cockpit driving a sports car? You're not. I'm all about space though and ANYTHING that appears to me be space constraining is a negative. And these Laramie benches aren't benches like you think they are. They are essentially buckets with a third seat inbetween. I have another belief too, everything in the past was better, and everything these days is generally junk. That goes for almost all aspects of our society, including truck designs. Plasticky, "sport bucket seats with a huge fixed center console", etc etc. The more something looks in design like a REAL 60s, 70s truck the better it is. Because they actually believed in SIMPLICTY in design. Amazing how people know so much these days and design such garbage.

You're pretty passionate about the subject.

At first I wanted the 40-20-40 cause of functionality, seating and better cupholders.

However, the buckets with console is pretty damn nice, looks better IMO than the bench. Takes the pain out of losing the center seat.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram1500 Big Horn Crew 4X4
Trim Level: 26Z Big Horn Regiona
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:10
BlueBeastRam is on a distinguished road

I sure love my 2011 with bench seat, I went to a different dealer and bought my truck because they had what I wanted, so in fact is all comes down to personal choice. I praise God for giving us the freedom to choose or it would be a boring world.