DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills


Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-27-2011, 11:03 PM
jc4041's Avatar
jc4041 jc4041 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
Age: 36
Posts: 910
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 QC 4wd
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:146
jc4041 will become famous soon enoughjc4041 will become famous soon enough
Default Silly Rustangs

So I went and had the wifes car detailed this morning, then went to "air dry" it. So I'm cruising along I15 and I see a newer model Mustang, caught up to it and saw the GT badges...think to myself "lets see if he bites" ...So traffic clears and I get in front of him and just keep going. Look up and he's in my mirror, but we were stuck behind slow people in the fast lane. Car finally moves after I ride his ass for a little bit. So I let the 6.1 have it and the Mustang gets smaller and smaller , so I let off and he catches up. We both get off at the next exit and we get a chance to pull up next to each other. Rolled my passenger window down and he rolls his drivers side down and I ask "What happened?"....the first words out of his mouth was "What have you got done to it?!"....the look on his face when I said "Nothing, it's stock." was just plain priceless ....lol guess he didn't see the SRT8 badges...so I guess the SuperBee stickers help it blend in a little
__________________
DSP, CAI, Cherry Bomb Extreme, AirLift 1000
'07 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee #579-CAI, DSP, dual Cherry Bomb Extremes
-Jeff
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 AM
CHVYKLR's Avatar
CHVYKLR CHVYKLR is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 2,395
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep Power: 6
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough
Default

yeah those 300hp GTs don't pack much punch.
__________________
Turbo / Trans by L&M Customs (MGH)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-28-2011, 11:07 AM
erm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Gotta love the SRT's....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Wildcat's Avatar
Wildcat Wildcat is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas City
Age: 35
Posts: 816
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 5
Rep:166
Wildcat has a spectacular aura aboutWildcat has a spectacular aura about
Default

Nice! So much for First On Race Day!!! LOL!
__________________
Cobra CB, Dual antennas, Dodge molded splash guards, Tekonsha P2 brake controller, Weatherguard tool box, AirLift 1000 helpers springs, Line-X bedliner, B-Pillar tape removed, 35% tint front windows.
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/kcwildcat1/Wildcatsig.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 PM
gs283020's Avatar
gs283020 gs283020 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hauppauge, NY
Age: 28
Posts: 222
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep Power: 0
Rep:54
gs283020 will become famous soon enough
Default

Yeah, when I went to a friends party the other day there was some kid showing off his Late 90s GT. I gave him the satisfaction of checking it out(mainly to see if he even had any mods and he didn't.) It had the 4.6L in it. Maybe it is just me, but after listening to my Hemi with a Magnaflow exhaust(even though it is fairly quiet with a 24" body muffler) the stock system on that mustang I thought was terrible. Anyways as I was walking away someone was slick and had to say "Man, don't you have a HEMI in your truck?" I just nodded so the guy started talking crap. I honestly didn't know what the mustangs would do so I wasn't really up for wasting the gas. Anyways... Long story short they talked us into it. At HIS request he wanted to do it from a roll. Which I don't really understand considering I no longer have a 3.92 like i did in my Rumble Bee, so I was 100% cool with that. We did it from a 30 mile an hour roll twice. He claimed I had the jump on him the first time. I have to say though... not impressed with a GT Mustang. He couldn't even pull on me on the second when he had the jump.

Then after the races he decides to ask the same as your guy. What mods to you have? My response "Does it matter??? Your hot little Ford Sports Car got Raped twice by a 4x4 truck. The real question, what mods do you have in mind for the future? My advice, buy a HEMI." Lol

Really didn't mean to steal your thread or anything!!! That is a sweet car and awesome kill!!! Wish I could switch my wife over to one. Anyways, just wanted to tell my little excitement last week with someone else who could appreciate it! Made me really proud!
__________________
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7L HEMI
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-28-2011, 05:47 PM
916Timmy's Avatar
916Timmy 916Timmy is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oklahoma City
Age: 29
Posts: 5,700
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 9
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of
Default

That SuperBee is no joke!!!! Just be careful of the new 5.0 cars!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-28-2011, 07:32 PM
adkram adkram is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Saranac Lake, NY
Posts: 10
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Maroon
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
adkram is on a distinguished road
Default 05 mustang gt

I have an 05 mustang gt 5 speed and I have to say that it is fast and would easily beat most hemi rams. I have an 04 qc and it is much slower than my mustang. I know the newer rams are faster, but they would be no competition for my mustang. Just sayin
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-28-2011, 07:36 PM
jc4041's Avatar
jc4041 jc4041 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
Age: 36
Posts: 910
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 QC 4wd
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:146
jc4041 will become famous soon enoughjc4041 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs283020 View Post
Yeah, when I went to a friends party the other day there was some kid showing off his Late 90s GT. I gave him the satisfaction of checking it out(mainly to see if he even had any mods and he didn't.) It had the 4.6L in it. Maybe it is just me, but after listening to my Hemi with a Magnaflow exhaust(even though it is fairly quiet with a 24" body muffler) the stock system on that mustang I thought was terrible. Anyways as I was walking away someone was slick and had to say "Man, don't you have a HEMI in your truck?" I just nodded so the guy started talking crap. I honestly didn't know what the mustangs would do so I wasn't really up for wasting the gas. Anyways... Long story short they talked us into it. At HIS request he wanted to do it from a roll. Which I don't really understand considering I no longer have a 3.92 like i did in my Rumble Bee, so I was 100% cool with that. We did it from a 30 mile an hour roll twice. He claimed I had the jump on him the first time. I have to say though... not impressed with a GT Mustang. He couldn't even pull on me on the second when he had the jump.

Then after the races he decides to ask the same as your guy. What mods to you have? My response "Does it matter??? Your hot little Ford Sports Car got Raped twice by a 4x4 truck. The real question, what mods do you have in mind for the future? My advice, buy a HEMI." Lol

Really didn't mean to steal your thread or anything!!! That is a sweet car and awesome kill!!! Wish I could switch my wife over to one. Anyways, just wanted to tell my little excitement last week with someone else who could appreciate it! Made me really proud!
lol nice...no problems I don't mind thread jacking lol
__________________
DSP, CAI, Cherry Bomb Extreme, AirLift 1000
'07 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee #579-CAI, DSP, dual Cherry Bomb Extremes
-Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-28-2011, 07:37 PM
jc4041's Avatar
jc4041 jc4041 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edwards AFB, CA
Age: 36
Posts: 910
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 QC 4wd
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:146
jc4041 will become famous soon enoughjc4041 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916Timmy View Post
That SuperBee is no joke!!!! Just be careful of the new 5.0 cars!
I've heard all you have to do to the new 5.0's is throw on some slicks and run high 12's
__________________
DSP, CAI, Cherry Bomb Extreme, AirLift 1000
'07 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee #579-CAI, DSP, dual Cherry Bomb Extremes
-Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-28-2011, 08:07 PM
916Timmy's Avatar
916Timmy 916Timmy is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oklahoma City
Age: 29
Posts: 5,700
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 9
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of
Default

He was talking about his new SRT-8 charger, not his Ram...And my slow Ram beat a 99 GT by 4/10ths of a second at the track...not sure why exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkram View Post
I have an 05 mustang gt 5 speed and I have to say that it is fast and would easily beat most hemi rams. I have an 04 qc and it is much slower than my mustang. I know the newer rams are faster, but they would be no competition for my mustang. Just sayin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
silly litte question from UK townsendpn Dodge Ram General Discussion 2 01-15-2011 11:07 AM
Silly black Integra RansRAM Kills and More Kills 12 12-06-2010 10:09 PM
Silly Escalade Chubby Bruiser Kills and More Kills 5 11-19-2010 12:34 PM
silly question? about 06-08 2wd rams dodgetrucks Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD 15 01-03-2010 02:08 PM


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum