DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ramrod2185 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseykerner View Post
Look at this post i wrote last night. It explains the process.

OK. For the fogs, take the stock light out. Plug the stock harness into the raptor ballast. From the ballast, plug into the HID light and insert into the fog light housing.

For the lows, remove the grill/headlights (plenty of tutorials on the forums). Remove the rear plug on the headlight (this will require a hole drilled in it to route the wires through later). Find a good location to mount your ballast (I put mine on the frame rails with 3m body molding tape).Then remove the stock bulb and insert the HID bulb. Then, run the wire that connects to the stock low beam plug (located in the headlight housing) out to the bulb out warning eliminator (through the hole drilled in the headlight butt plug). From there connect the wire from the warning eliminator into the plug on the ballast. Then, run the wire from the output of the ballast into the HID bulb through the hole drilled in the headlight butt plug and replace the cover. Finally, plug the wires back into the stock wire harness (the two plugs outside the headlight with 3 wires on them) and set the headlight in its home.

You want to be sure to check for voltages on the fog lights to make sure you install correctly (ie. not reversed polarity) This is not too bad if it happens, (flickering/intermittent firing/ failure to light) just swap them around and you are ok. For the warning eliminators, you want to be sure you hook them up correctly or the internal capacitors will explode so think about everything before you energize the circuit. Once complete for both sides, test the headlights for any problems.

Hope this helps and is understandable. Any questions, just ask and I will try to help/reply as soon as I can.

KC
where did u get the kit from!?! for the hids
Old 07-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:88
caseykerner will become famous soon enough

I got them from ddmtuning dot com. Raptor 35 w ballasts. The tutorial for the leds is coming soon.