DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Product Reviews

Notices

Product Reviews Have you found a great product, or a really bad one and you just need to tell someone about it! Post up a review for the benefit of all!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 CC 6'4" Rambox
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Nitroneal is on a distinguished road
Default Shorty Header eBay Seller - BUYER BEWARE!

I want to keep the cats original but want to step up on the exhaust, so shorty headers seem to be the way to go. I shopped and decided on a pretty good looking set I found on Ebay. They're stainless and not bad price. They are from a company called LPP Performance. I payed for them on Jun. 14th, recieved them on Jun. 30th. No communication, no tracking #, nothing. They seemed to be decent quality and great lookin tig welds. I started the install under the dillusion that they were going to fit. I took both sides off and installed the drivers side first, started on the pass. side. After I wound up with the eng. jacked up against the shroud I realized I was screwed. Took it all apart, put the stock back on. Proceeded to do the research I should have done in the first place. This guys ad stated (04+) I have an 07 1500 5.7. I didn't know that 04-05 takes one kind and 06-07 takes a completely different kind. I've tried to deal with this guy on the simple fact that his ad was misleading in discription and the headers he sells won't fit a newer truck. All I'm wanting is headers that fit my truck> his won't. He's slow walking me to the point that it's time to take a non-polite approach. This guys service is terrible and this is the start of what I'm willing to do to hopefully help keep anyone else from making an expensive mistake like I am.
Moderaters, if this is improper for this board by all means delete it. This is the kind of info I would want to know about. This guys as isn't worded correctly and his service sucks. Just trying to spread the info.
Thanks, Neal.
Sponsored links
Old 07-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Should put a beware on the seller and not the mod as a lot are happy with shorties. Just seem you went with a vendor and unfortunately for you their product and service turned out to be inferior.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 07-12-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:52 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^^^ true. seller is the one to watch out for for the wrong information/bad service.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9 View Post
Should put a beware on the seller and not the mod as a lot are happy with shorties. Just seem you went with a vendor and unfortunately for you their product and service turned out to be inferior.
That's what I am meaning to do. Maybe I worded it wrong. I still feel shortys are the way to go for me and will buy a set of Pacesetters as soon as I get this mess resolved.
Thanks, Neal
Old 07-13-2011, 12:03 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Not to put down pacesetter, I've heard good and bad things about their products (none pertaining to the RAM), but doesn't gibson make shorties for the RAM? They are a very reputable company. I've also heard good things about a company on ebay called OBX. Just putting info out there...

Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 1500 Quad 4WD 5.9
Trim Level: Quad cab
Color: Garnet red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:202
deanthecrabman has a spectacular aura aboutdeanthecrabman has a spectacular aura aboutdeanthecrabman has a spectacular aura about

Ebay and Paypal, both have ways to dispute transactions with sellers. I disputed a transaction with Paypal, on an item that I hadn't received. They immediately charged back the seller. I got the item about a few days later(obviously a delay in shipment, but the seller was no help in tracking it down). Good luck.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Not to put down pacesetter, I've heard good and bad things about their products (none pertaining to the RAM), but doesn't gibson make shorties for the RAM? They are a very reputable company. I've also heard good things about a company on ebay called OBX. Just putting info out there...
These are good products, but cost is a factor. The gibson & OBX are about $200 more. The ceramic coated Pacesetters don't look bad. They have a diff. part # and picture for 06 & 07 models. I get this mess resolved I think thats what I'll get. Thanks for the input guys.
Neal.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:43 AM

^^ gotcha, the pacesetters I heard bad reviews on were the painted ones, users said they'd rust out in like 1 or 2 years. I never heard anything bad about the ceramic coated ones...

Old 07-16-2011, 04:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Hunter green
Engine: 1993-1993 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp 325lb/ft
Rep:21
Reddog170 is on a distinguished road

Thank You for the info!! I was about to order some headers he has listed for my truck. Shaun
Old 07-16-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog170 View Post
Thank You for the info!! I was about to order some headers he has listed for my truck. Shaun
Good, you're using better shopping skills than I did, should've looked around better up front. This clown doesn't build or stock these, he just middle mans them. They're made by XS Power. Sposed to be 321 alloy which is a little better, would like to take some lessons from whomever welded them, Some of the better TIG welding I've seen on stainless. They are a resonable quality procuct @ a decent price, VERY POOR service and communication, I've been installing headers since '72, not my first trip to town, I can't get these turds to fit. Still no resolve as of yet with this guy. Last email I got he eluded that I was "incapable" of getting them to fit.