DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Media Zone > Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos

Notices

Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos Post pictures of your Dodge Ram here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:112
jdubsss will become famous soon enoughjdubsss will become famous soon enough
Default Couple New Mods - Tails and Pillar Tape Removal(Pics and Video)

Just got my recon tails installed and while I was at it I decided to remove the pillar tape (thanks Razorbass). Both mods were extremely easy to do, the tape removal took literally 5 minutes and the headlights 5 minutes a piece. Let me know what you think!

Old tails (had them tinted already)

Comparison

Recons installed

Pillar Tape Before

Pillar Tape Removed

Nice view of her butt

Going to do a quick video right now and tomorrow I should be getting my 3rd brake light (fedex screwed me over today) and will throw pics of that up as well. Now it's time to plan my next move...was thinking of a partial debadge (maybe removing the Ram 1500 on the doors) and possibly doing chrome window sills. HIDs are my next big to do...just trying to figure out which route to go with that. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks

Edit: Night pictures and video on page 2.
Mods: 14" Magnaflow Muffler, AirRaid CAI, Recon Smoked LED Tails, Recon Smoked LED 3rd Brake, Recon White Lightning, 6k HID Fogs, White LED Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, EZ Down Tailgate, 20% Tints, Pillar Tape Removed, Stubby Antenna

PICS: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87696

Last edited by jdubsss; 07-19-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2011, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

two sweet mods bud and i really like thoes lights but one question are the lense smoked or no?
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 07-19-2011, 07:16 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:87
united316 will become famous soon enough

Looks nice.. My fatherinlaw has his truck at the shop right now for a couple of things and one was the Tape I have been telling him to just take it off he kept saying no. then I got on here and showed him what it looks like off and he called the dealership and said dont put it back on. it looks so much better with out it.

santa came and visited me dressed like a Fedex guy today. I will be doing my post in a few.
2011 SLT Crew Cab 4x2, 4.7, 3.55 gears, TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-Up Dual Latch Tonneau, Westin Black Platinum series oval step bars, Aeroskin Hood Protector, Ventvisors In-channel smoke , Husky Liners Front ard Rear Mud Guards, K&N drop in air filter.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:23
300MAG is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pics, I saw the tails on ebay and wasnt sure if i liled them,but I that i see them on your truck I will need to add to future mod list because tjey look great.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4X4
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:10
NYR99 is on a distinguished road

Hello

Those tail lights look awesome.

As far as the HID's, have a look at this thread: http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=86624

I recently got the same exact kit as Bordin. They are really simple to install, the fogs install in no time. The low beams are a little more involved, because you have to remove both headlights and drill a hole in the back of them, but it really wasn't hard at all. It cost me $105 total, shipped to Long Island. The only problem I have is I got shipped a bad ballast, but I called DDM Tuning and they are shipping me out a new one. Very good costumer service.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:29 PM

Video of lights on, hazards, reverse lights (LEDs to replace stock bulbs aren't in yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected
two sweet mods bud and i really like thoes lights but one question are the lense smoked or no?
Yea the lenses are smoked and are actually darker than my originals that I had tinted but have a better light output. Really happy with the choice to go with Recons.
Mods: 14" Magnaflow Muffler, AirRaid CAI, Recon Smoked LED Tails, Recon Smoked LED 3rd Brake, Recon White Lightning, 6k HID Fogs, White LED Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, EZ Down Tailgate, 20% Tints, Pillar Tape Removed, Stubby Antenna

Old 07-19-2011, 08:23 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

the mods look great! Now seeing that the next thing I'll be doing on mine is the tape removal, how exactly did you do it? Also will be tinting my tails soon...looks great (I prefer the stock tinted ones) but the others look great also!

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR99 View Post
Hello

Those tail lights look awesome.

As far as the HID's, have a look at this thread: http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=86624

I recently got the same exact kit as Bordin. They are really simple to install, the fogs install in no time. The low beams are a little more involved, because you have to remove both headlights and drill a hole in the back of them, but it really wasn't hard at all. It cost me $105 total, shipped to Long Island. The only problem I have is I got shipped a bad ballast, but I called DDM Tuning and they are shipping me out a new one. Very good costumer service.
Thanks for compliment and the link!! I'll look into it but I might just go get them professionally installed with possibly a retrofit...still juggling all the ideas around and being really indecisive about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak
the mods look great! Now seeing that the next thing I'll be doing on mine is the tape removal, how exactly did you do it? Also will be tinting my tails soon...looks great (I prefer the stock tinted ones) but the others look great also!
Here's the exact thread that gave me the idea and instructions...literally as easy as removing a screw and peeling tape.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=83110

Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metalic
Rep:41
Lothario80 is on a distinguished road

Sweet mods man! Also noticed your antenna magically turned in to a stubby midway through the pictures! Looks fantastic really wishing I had gone with white now.

Rep points for that sweet butt picture and for sharing.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

jdubuss - That is AWESOME! Rep points for that. But I can't take any credit. This forum gave me the pillar tape idea and, as you now know, it is the easiest and cheapest mod in the world to do (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=83110).

Of course, you know what I am going to recommend next and although it is a little tougher to swallow at first, I have to admit I love it since it was done. But again, I give credit to the idiots (super nice people) on this d@#m forum that keep giving me these ideas (great ones at that) that force (not really) me to spend my money. Since your truck is about the same as mine, this should hopefully give you an idea of the before and after:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=86530

Oh, and Recons are on my list so you beat me to the punch there but love the look so thanks for sharing!
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna

Last edited by Razorbass; 07-19-2011 at 09:04 PM.