DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
notnks is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to notnks
Default Fog lights on with brights?

I'm not sure where to put this, hopefully this fine.
I plan on buying a DS for my 09 when it gets closer to time for going home. DS doesn't have the option (that I can find) of leaving your fog lights on when you use your bright lights, is there another way to make it happen, change some wiring or something? I live way out in the sticks so it's nice to have the extra light on those dark gravel roads.

I just remembered reading some where on here, the DS (sorry I don't know his name)guy said ask and you shall receive!! Could someone talk to him, I will gladly be his ginny pig for it when I get back.
IMO this would probably make DS the best gas tuner ever made.
Thanks guys
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

I've heard of dealers loading a European setting on the truck that allowed this, but don't have any details.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 2500 Quad cab 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Atlantic Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:140
DOZER will become famous soon enoughDOZER will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to DOZER Send a message via Skype™ to DOZER

My truck does this, discovered it the other night showing off my new fogs. I installed OEM fogs and had the dealer activate them while I had it in for another issue. Odd thing though, I was told they were already activated even though they were not working. Had them look and they found a bad connector and replaced it. Now heres the really weird part. I activated them by playing with the remote start remote a while back. Strange I know but I was playing with all the buttons on the remote one night and when I got in the fog light indicator in the cluster was on. I took it to the dealer and was told that the alarm/remote start had somehow told the computer I had fog lights when I didn't. They turned it off. Then I realized how dumb that was. I had the fogs on order and figured great now I will have to pay to have them turned on. So, I played with the remote again and got it back on. (Not sure if this is why they work with the high beams or not. Not gonna say anything cause I like it this way.) I put the lights in and nothing. The rest is history. It should be noted the remote start is an aftermarket setup the former owner had installed. As stared above the dealer can do it the question is will they...
'06 2500 ST 4x4 Quad cab, Vararam CAI, Bed/Hood stripes, Vent visors, Bully tailgate lock, Moto Metal 909 18x9, Nitto Terra Grapplers 295/70/18 HBS 2" level, Bilstein 5100's, Bushwhacker flares, 5000K HID's, Diablo Trinity 87 tune, LineX, Bakflip F1.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:52 PM
erm

The default program doesn't allow high beams + foglight operation at the same time. There may be a European flash for the computer (there has been for CJD vehicles in the past that are exported) but as Dozer said, will the dealer do it for you. It won't hurt to ask.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:52 AM

Vehicle: '09 RAM 1500 4dr
Color: Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:61
Studbuster will become famous soon enough

Use your FOGS FOR DLRs

This one of my old post. It will work for what you want also.

I can help with running your fogs how you wish. I run my fogs all the time.

I have wired my factory fog lights to work as DRLs. The lights will work as factory fogs and/or as DRLs. They are at full power when on. I have up graded the bulbs. A small toggel switch in the dash controls a relay. In the off position, fogs work as normal with the headlights. In the on position, fogs come on with the engine, without the parking lights. The switch completes ground for the relay and is so you can turn the lights on/off as desired. I leave it on all the time. 4 diodes (watch polarity) keep the computer from knowing the differance. The relay, as always, gets power (fused) straight from the battery. The coil of the relay gets ignition on power from the fuse module #M35.
I hope you can under stand my wiring diagram.
I have been running this set up for over a year now, trouble free. I turn them off when I go to the dealer to stop questions.
Attached Thumbnails
DLR FOGS.jpg

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU FIND TIME TO DO IT OVER??
Dave