DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Austin Tan Pearl &Lt. Graystone Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
theweavman is on a distinguished road
Question Please help with side nerf step choice

I have the factory side nerf step bars, the plastic step pads attached to them keep breaking with use, and the chrome is getting all scratched up....so.....
I'm going to replace them with either the Go-RHINO Dominator II, or Smitty Built Nerf Step loop step side bars... I'm going to go with bars made from marine grade Stainless Steel....looks like both companies make a nice bar, slightly different mountings, Go-Rhino uses a bolt on bracket system, while Smitty Built uses an all one piece welded unit... prices are similar, and not the issue.... Anyone who has used either of these bars, please give me your opinions as to their good and bad points....I'm not interested at this time, in other style bars, as I know there are many others out there....I have limited my selection down to one of the two mentioned above, and would just like some opinions or feed back on these two....If you do have a strong opinion on some other product, I will be happy to read your coments also...thanks for any help
Old 07-24-2011, 12:16 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Diesel
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:12
11Ram06Daytona is on a distinguished road

On my 04 Ford I installed a set of N-Fab steps. I had the ones that had the 3rd step to allow access into the bed. I live in Chicago & they survived 4 years of salt, snow & ice. I saw you are in NV, but I only mention that because of how well they held up to it with the finish.

Here is the link to the ones they offer on their website. I assumed you have a 1500. but didnt know what size cab. They offer steps with & without bed access for all cab styles.

http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/...D2/83/sfID3/68

By the end of August: Recon Smoked Headlights & Roof Markers, 8K HID, 6" Fabtech Long Arm, Amp Research Steps, Fuel - Gauge 20" Wheels, Bakflip cover, H&S MaxxMini, MBRB Exhaust, 2 10" L7's 1500.1 Kicker amp.

Last edited by 11Ram06Daytona; 07-24-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Austin Tan Pearl &Lt. Graystone Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
theweavman is on a distinguished road

11Ram06Daytona,
Thanks for the info, They don't have a three step for my Ram in the Stainless Steel finish, only in black powder coat, I forget which company?, another one offers it in a modular design style only, so I will just go with a two step, even though I like the 3rd step idea... Thanks for your input on the finish holding up in poor weather conditions
Old 07-24-2011, 01:41 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Diesel
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:12
11Ram06Daytona is on a distinguished road

Sure thing.

It could be a shot in the dark, but you could always give them a call. I have noticed that a lot of companies neglect to update their websites as they have more products to offer.

By the end of August: Recon Smoked Headlights & Roof Markers, 8K HID, 6" Fabtech Long Arm, Amp Research Steps, Fuel - Gauge 20" Wheels, Bakflip cover, H&S MaxxMini, MBRB Exhaust, 2 10" L7's 1500.1 Kicker amp.