DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Knowledge Base

Notices

Dodge Ram Knowledge Base Here you can find owner submitted how-to's for performing various mods to your Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC
Rep:10
Dodge4Me is on a distinguished road

Has anyone found a place to get the Yazaki Part Number: 7283-5561-40 connector? I really hate trying to use individual connectors for each wire.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab, 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red/Sandstone
Rep:91
dgard61 will become famous soon enough

Installed the Factory ITBC yesterday. Couldn't have been more simple, and I even had the 2 plug's. Took maybe 20 minutes. Hardest part was getting my hands up under the controller to insert the plug's. Ordered the controller and beige bezel from Mopar Wholesale. $124.00 shipped to the boarder. Seem's to be working. It lights up for a few seconds when I start the truck. As I understand from the thread that's what it does when no trailer is connected. Will find out tomorrow for sure when I pick up my new trailer. Hoping to get the EVIC flashed next week.
Vent Visor's, Bug Deflector, Chrome Fuel Door, Bak Flip G2 Tonneau Cover, Bed Extender, EZ Down Tailgate Dampener, Line X Spray in Box Liner, WeatherTech Winter Mats, Husky Moulded Mud Flaps, Billet Tech Oil Catch Can, 12" S/S Antenna Mast, Chrome T/G Handle, Mopar CAI, Painted Engine Cover, Billet Tech Polished Underhood Cap's, Front Window Tint, Billet Hitch Cover, Anti-Theft Valve Cap's, MGP Caliper Covers, Retractable S/S Stake Pocket Anchors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Recon LED Light Bar, Polished Billet Lock Pins, Mopar S/S Door Sills, Interior LED's, Mopar LED Cargo Bed Lights, Billet Throttle Body Cover
Old 07-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
ken99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by agdm619 View Post
Can someone verify if I have the right wires?
The three wires for the B connection look correct. I would use a volt meter to check each wire. The pink/green wire should be battery voltage with the key on. The readings for the white/blue and white/green wires are ~2.5 VDC (if I remember correctly).

The four wires off the blue connector represent a standard four wire brake wiring scheme, ditto for the A connector. I would build a pigtail using one of the aftermarket pigtails listed for the Superduty Ford in

http://www.etrailer.com/faq-tb-10-01...Dodge-Ram.aspx

and connect it directly to the blue connector provided by Dodge.

Last edited by ken99; 07-23-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT w/ 3:92's
Color: Red
Daddysram is on a distinguished road

Excellent pics and write-up!That was better than a Haynes manual!How much was the controller?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
Rep:26
ken99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken99 View Post
The four wires off the blue connector represent a standard four wire brake wiring scheme, ditto for the A connector. I would build a pigtail using one of the aftermarket pigtails listed for the Superduty Ford in

http://www.etrailer.com/faq-tb-10-01...Dodge-Ram.aspx

and connect it directly to the blue connector provided by Dodge.
This pigtail adapter (http://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit-V...ady/22294.html) is for the 2011 Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee. The connectors look right to connect the blue connector on the harness of the 2009 Ram 1500 to the A socket on the ITBM. A person may have to re-map the leads to match properly, but that's fairly easy to do.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT w/ 3:92's
Color: Red
Daddysram is on a distinguished road

My dealer quoted me $195 for the controller and $125 for the programming.Does that sound a bit steep to anyone?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie 4x4
Color: Inferno Red / Light Greystone Pearl
Rep:82
Netman66 will become famous soon enough

Yep, it sure does.

Try ordering the part from moparwholesale.com and speaking to your sales person (if you bought the truck there) to see what they can do for you. I bought my controller from the dealer I bought the truck at and my service manager simply flashed the computer after adding the code to my build - no charge.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab, 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red/Sandstone
Rep:91
dgard61 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddysram View Post
My dealer quoted me $195 for the controller and $125 for the programming.Does that sound a bit steep to anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netman66 View Post
Yep, it sure does.

Try ordering the part from moparwholesale.com and speaking to your sales person (if you bought the truck there) to see what they can do for you. I bought my controller from the dealer I bought the truck at and my service manager simply flashed the computer after adding the code to my build - no charge.
I got the controller and bezel from Mopar Wholesale for $124.00 shipped to the boarder. Dealer still charged me 1hr labor $125.00 inc tax for the EVIC flash. Weren't to pleased that I bought it from the US and installed it myself. Still in $$$ though. Said they wouldn't have charged me for the EVIC flash if I had bought it from them and they installed it. They quoted me $350.00 for the kit and 1/2 hr labor to install $55.00. No Thank's.
Vent Visor's, Bug Deflector, Chrome Fuel Door, Bak Flip G2 Tonneau Cover, Bed Extender, EZ Down Tailgate Dampener, Line X Spray in Box Liner, WeatherTech Winter Mats, Husky Moulded Mud Flaps, Billet Tech Oil Catch Can, 12" S/S Antenna Mast, Chrome T/G Handle, Mopar CAI, Painted Engine Cover, Billet Tech Polished Underhood Cap's, Front Window Tint, Billet Hitch Cover, Anti-Theft Valve Cap's, MGP Caliper Covers, Retractable S/S Stake Pocket Anchors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Recon LED Light Bar, Polished Billet Lock Pins, Mopar S/S Door Sills, Interior LED's, Mopar LED Cargo Bed Lights, Billet Throttle Body Cover
Old 08-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
bobbybones is on a distinguished road

Bought the ITBM from Mopar Wholesale parts with the slate bezel after reading through this forum and paid 116 shipped to me installed it about 15 to 20 minutes. This could not have been any easier. It seems to work fine but I am scheduled for the dealer I bought the truck from a few weeks ago to add the code to the truck. Thank you to all of your great posts and pics for the help.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
bobbybones is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pics and information. Installed mine last night and just need to hit the dealer for the code add.