DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
blackpearldodge is on a distinguished road

Update:

The salesman from the Dodge dealer where I bought my truck called last night and said (the) dealership isn't going to do anything for the "missing" underhood lamp and glovebox lamp. His excuse is simply..."the brochure can change without notice. We were not aware the specs had changed. Had we known we could have informed you."

This morning I was on the phone (again) with Chrysler Canada. She asked me if I had a question or a complaint. I said, "Uh...complaint, I guess." I told her what the dealer told me, and she told me Chrysler Canada cannot get involved. That I have to deal with the dealership on this one. She provided the owners name of the dealership and suggested I contact him personally. I might this morning.
Then she transferred me over to New Vehicle information (where the guy was able to provide me the information on what exactly is included in the ADA (Luxury Group) package.)
Reading from his list, he mentioned both lamps should be included. But then he said it appears they "ARE NOT" available on the SPORT. HUH!? Uh....I have 90% of the Luxury Group items installed. Hello!
He has escalated this to see if he can find out EXACTLY what was and should have been installed on my truck. Hopefully I will hear back from him ASAP.
This is frustrating to say the least.

I've read many posts from forum members where some guys had these lamps installed, and others that didn't have them installed. What's up with that?

I'm not really pushing this too hard. I can live without either lamp...but it is the point that I'm trying to make. These parts are not that expensive so I can't understand why the dealer flat out refused. I'm wondering whether my salesman actually spoke to somebody higher up in the dealership. I suppose I should have just gone to the Sales Manager? Or the owner. Is it really worth it to them to get a "dissatisfied" over this?

Has anyone else had any luck getting these lamps installed after the fact? IN CANADA?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

...go to harbor freight and get the free LED flashlight...then leave it in the glove box, will provide more light anyway...

LOL jk!

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
blackpearldodge is on a distinguished road

Update:
Dealer said they aren't willing to do anything with the missing bulbs. They say if it isn't on the build sheet, then it shouldn't be there at all.
Sales Manager called me today to discuss. His story exactly. They won't budge. Even though I have told him what Chrysler Canada told me about the items included in the Luxury Group. He says, "Keep me informed." WTF?

Does anybody out there own a 2011 1500 C/C Sport WITH the lamps installed? Anybody from Canada?
Old 07-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500
Trim Level: st
Color: hunter green
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
aqua is on a distinguished road

olives in your salad ewww!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Color: Cherry
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Maleki is on a distinguished road

Called my salesman at the Stealership and told him the lights weren't there. His response was "That doesn't make any sense, bring it in on your next day off and we'll get some in there, even if we have to take em out of another truck. I don't know why they aren't there cause they should be!"
Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Bright white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
Stainless is on a distinguished road

Same thing happened with my new truck, the only options I didn't order was power sunroof and power adjustable pedals, i was surprised when my truck didn't have these options.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:29 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpearldodge View Post
Update:
Dealer said they aren't willing to do anything with the missing bulbs. They say if it isn't on the build sheet, then it shouldn't be there at all.
Sales Manager called me today to discuss. His story exactly. They won't budge. Even though I have told him what Chrysler Canada told me about the items included in the Luxury Group. He says, "Keep me informed." WTF?

Does anybody out there own a 2011 1500 C/C Sport WITH the lamps installed? Anybody from Canada?

Not a 2011 Sport, but an 2011 Outdoorsman, in Canada and i do have the light. It was part of the luxury package.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn 1500
Color: Black
No Fear In Texas is on a distinguished road

Now I'm going to have to check to see what exactly is on my truck.......
Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew 5.7 Hemi
Trim Level: Chrome Appearance
Color: Silver
jshields is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleki View Post
Called my salesman at the Stealership and told him the lights weren't there. His response was "That doesn't make any sense, bring it in on your next day off and we'll get some in there, even if we have to take em out of another truck. I don't know why they aren't there cause they should be!"
Take them out of another truck....and the cycle begins again for someone else...

Maybe they will sell the other truck they take the lights out with a $15 rebate now....
Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
pgienger is on a distinguished road

They'll find a way to send that one back to chrysler... like say the 'doner' was defective and melted That being said, I think if you go asking everyone that you can you'll find a common thread at least in my2011; there's no way to order it on a sport, nearly every other trim level can get it. I think if you go build your own and check whatever boxes you need to in order to get the lighting on a laramie and an SLT/Big Horn you'll find the wording is different than the sport. At least it was when I researched it long ago when I discovered my missing lights...

It is actually cheaper for them to just put the same harness in every vehicle, regardless of the options. Can you imagine if they had to tell the guys making harnesses that they had to follow a different diagram every day? They'll spend a couple cents more in unused wiring, but they'll only have one parts bin to pull from for that item. I wouldn't be surprised if the models without an upper box even have the wires back behind the dash just to piss you off