DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:69
ramrt1993 will become famous soon enough

He texted me later and said that for some reason his truck didn't launch good after that he added it probably just felt that way cause mine was so good
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune
Old 07-27-2011, 02:36 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^LOL

I love it when people have fun with this stuff. My friend has a 2011 RT, and we raced from a roll (maybe 35mph or so) and my truck downshifted to 1st (3.55's) and his didn't (4.10's), and we were neck and neck for a short distance, then we both let off, so now I always tell him his RT Hemi is about as fast as a quad cab 287...he gets pretty fired up haha. And I told him we will never race again...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:59 PM

^ that right there is funny! I will race you though. Bring it on! Next time, try putting your tow/haul mode on, and it'll stay in lower gears, higher RPMs, and the shifting will be firmer. I wish I had remembered to turn mine on when I raced the SS. I wish I could replace the tow/haul button with a haul/ass button
Gatorhyde Spray In Bedliner-MGP Red Brake Caliper Covers-Tinted Windows-Partially Debadged-aFe Stage 2 Intake-180 Thermostat-Groundforce 2" Rear Drop-BT Catch Can-Fastman Throttle Body-ARH Headers 1 3/4"-True Dual 22" Magnapacks-100% Synthetic Amsoil-TYC V6 eFan-Hemifever Tune
Old 07-27-2011, 04:23 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

haha that would be really funny to have the button say that.

We only raced from like 35mph to 60mph, so I was in first gear the whole time, and he was at low rpm, so I had the advantage. As far as racing you, I'll tell you the same thing I told him, my racing days are over, so we just have to go by the test results that we have, my quad cab 287 is as fast as a RT hemi....lol

In all seriousness I plan on making alot of modifications to my truck in the hope to be in the 14 second range. But this will probably be over the next year or maybe two years...

Old 07-27-2011, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Good Deal!!!
Had a SS owner compliment my truck at the store once. I returned the compliment as they do look good. His was lowered with traction devices and slotted/drilled rotors. Looked mighty fine.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 07-27-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9 View Post
Good Deal!!!
Had a SS owner compliment my truck at the store once. I returned the compliment as they do look good. His was lowered with traction devices and slotted/drilled rotors. Looked mighty fine.
This dude had his lowered too. It's a nice looking truck...from a distance. The body and interior is crap, and the ride quality is crap. It's also insanely loud. I think he overpaid too..he paid $14,000 for it a few months ago!

By the way Kay9, you have got an awesome truck!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:26 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

First one I raced I lost to on I-10 west of Houston right after I got the truck. Found out the hard way that it had a 105mph speed governor. His didn't.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition (Mods list in profile)
2006 Charger R/T
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Old 08-01-2011, 11:54 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang
Trim Level: GT
Color: Race Red
Rep:10
Zevox is on a distinguished road

If that SS felt good, wait till you take down a 6.2L GM. I raced my friend's 2010 ext. cab 4x4 with 3.73's and we were even when I got my R/T. He got a programmer before me but my truck was still getting broke in and I would win or he would, never by alot. As soon as I got my Trinity it was game over, beat him bad like 3 times and never raced again.

He says, "We know how fast we are compared to each other, so no reason to race." and it's kind of sad because no one else will race me BUT they'll say we raced and they won or I barely outran them... Be careful if you have people with 5.3L GM's around, like to talk alot of crap but never want to do anything about it.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:25 AM

Nice kill! I would love to race a 6.2! The SS guy is desperately trying to tune his truck now he said something about EFI Live tuning, claimed it'd give him half a second less in the 1/8th and then he'd beat me!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
he said something about EFI Live tuning, claimed it'd give him half a second less in the 1/8th and then he'd beat me!
He probably could gain alot (dunno about 1/2 second) with proper tuning (assuming it's stock now). But you'd probably gain that with a canned tune on your truck.