DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Rep:10
glwhite is on a distinguished road
Default Wheel and Tire suggestion

Just bought my first dodge it is a 2011 white sport crew cab with leveling kit looking to put wheels and tires on. Tires i would like a good quit all terrain any suggestion on 18" wheel and tire size. Thanks for your help
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I love my cooper zeon ltz's, quiet and capable. Look amazing as well, and made in the USA. My second choice was going to be the Toyo All terrains...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:31 PM
erm

Welcome to the forum.

What size leveling kit did you put on? That's gonna be important with respects to picking a tire size.

I run 285/75RX18 Toyo Open Country AT tires. Really quiet, wear very well, not the cheapest tire out there though. Got them mounted on some 18X9 KMC XD Addict wheels.

The tires are 34.7" tall but I have no fitment problems as I have a 4" lift. My thinking is that you could go with a tire that has an overall height of 33" depending on the height of your level kit.

Pics below:

Old 08-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

maddog nice truck what size backspacing do I need and i'm going to run bf goodrich ko tires they are alittle under 33. thanks for your help. I think it is a 2" level kit
Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Infekt is on a distinguished road

As a X owner of a tire shop and sold thousands of tires, my favorite for trucks is still BFG AT KO's. They are fairly quiet, amazing traction and they are snowflake, which means they pass winter condition tires and you will never be ticketed for driving in dangerous mountain passes durring the winter seasons, with non winter approved tires.

I will be putting a set on shortly, Im not a Goodyear fan, have never had a good set. But I told the wife that I wouldnt spend any money on the truck for the first 6 months. 3 more to go!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:04 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:112
jdubsss will become famous soon enoughjdubsss will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infekt View Post
As a X owner of a tire shop and sold thousands of tires, my favorite for trucks is still BFG AT KO's. They are fairly quiet, amazing traction and they are snowflake, which means they pass winter condition tires and you will never be ticketed for driving in dangerous mountain passes durring the winter seasons, with non winter approved tires.

I will be putting a set on shortly, Im not a Goodyear fan, have never had a good set. But I told the wife that I wouldnt spend any money on the truck for the first 6 months. 3 more to go!
What do you think of the Cooper Zeon LZTs? Looking into those heavily... mix of highway/city driving and in NJ we see all types of weather including heavy snow at times.
Mods: 14" Magnaflow Muffler, AirRaid CAI, Recon Smoked LED Tails, Recon Smoked LED 3rd Brake, Recon White Lightning, 6k HID Fogs, White LED Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, EZ Down Tailgate, 20% Tints, Pillar Tape Removed, Stubby Antenna

PICS: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87696
Old 08-09-2011, 12:36 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwhite View Post
maddog nice truck what size backspacing do I need and i'm going to run bf goodrich ko tires they are alittle under 33. thanks for your help. I think it is a 2" level kit
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. I'm not the first and won't be the last to ask ~ How about posting a few photos of your truck? I'm here to point you to our Newbie Checkin to introduce yourself.

As for back spacing, are you getting new wheels? Standard offset should work if you are staying with 33"'s or smaller.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Infekt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubsss View Post
What do you think of the Cooper Zeon LZTs? Looking into those heavily... mix of highway/city driving and in NJ we see all types of weather including heavy snow at times.
They are a great tire. Very nice tread pattern and look great due to the aggressive shoulder. Snow traction is good. A bit louder then some, but not very, most wont even notice. Im just picky about things like that.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

i want 33 bfg is that the same as 285/65/18
Old 08-09-2011, 08:45 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
They are a great tire. Very nice tread pattern and look great due to the aggressive shoulder. Snow traction is good. A bit louder then some, but not very, most wont even notice. Im just picky about things like that.
Just to give some more input....I've had these cooper zeon LTZ's for a few months now and almost 10k miles, they are the best tire I've ever had on my trucks. I used to run pirelli scorpions and the were great, these coopers are even better. I've never noticed any more noise with these than I did with the stock good years, even at 70 and 80 mph. I was amazed at how quiet they are. They wear great, look awesome, and although I can't comment on snow or mud capabilities as my truck pretty much stays on road, they do everything they are supposed to do.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.