DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about
Default Need help picking a performance chip

Im looking to get a performance chip for my truck. Im looking for one that is going to give me the best increase in gas mileage. Anyone got any ideas on what I should use? A friend of mine told me Diablo but he is also big on adding just HP (he has an 06 Saleen Mustang). Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:54 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Another cote for diablo here. As far as handheld tuners go I have had the best luck with DS. Look at their trinity model, its a bit pricey but does TONS of things

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
erm

I vote for the Predator as well. With the programmer, a cold air intake and a freer flowing exhaust I gained a 4+ MPG highway improvement.

I also saw a significant gain in HP and torque at lower RPM's which really helps the truck move out. If you are interested, click on my "Ram Mods" link below and go to page 2 for the before and after dyno sheets. The gains tend to affect your mileage at first as it's hard to keep your right foot off the floor.

Of course, your mileage may vary. No warranty expressed or implied. Driver does not carry cash. Writer not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 PM

Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
I vote for the Predator as well. With the programmer, a cold air intake and a freer flowing exhaust I gained a 4+ MPG highway improvement.

I also saw a significant gain in HP and torque at lower RPM's which really helps the truck move out. If you are interested, click on my "Ram Mods" link below and go to page 2 for the before and after dyno sheets. The gains tend to affect your mileage at first as it's hard to keep your right foot off the floor.

Of course, your mileage may vary. No warranty expressed or implied. Driver does not carry cash. Writer not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform.
I actually just bought the truck and it came with a Flowmaster exhaust and an intake. I'm not sure how long the exhaust is (I havent checked yet) and I dont remember which intake it is. Ill check tomorrow once i get the truck back from the detailer and ill let you know what I've got. Maybe you can help me out some more then.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:00 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star PKG
Color: Flame Red
Rep:11
robustRed is on a distinguished road

go diablosport! trust me, you will have alot of fun with it. here is a link to a thread i did a little while ago. should answer any questions you have. hope you pick DS

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87170

2WD-Dsp 93 tune-55 series tires-3.92s-PacesetterLT Headers w/ 3in catted y-pipe- DynoMax Race Bullet- 2.2K ohm power wire- hellwig rear sway bar- 190 Degree Thermostat-
Old 08-19-2011, 02:16 AM

Thanks! That answers alot! though I do have a question, and it is just cause I havent looked it up yet, but is there a difference between the Predator and the Sport? or are they the same one and everyone just calls it something different?
Old 08-19-2011, 02:48 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 2500 Megacab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:167
jpaul51 has a spectacular aura aboutjpaul51 has a spectacular aura about

I believe they are the same thing. Also the new .crom update for the DS Predator includes a MPG Booster tune. I cannot attest to how well it works because I run the Modified 91 octane tune. My mph gains are primarily realized on the highway as I cannot keep my foot out of it in town. I have gotten as high as 21.8 mpg on highway before.
2007 Ram 1500 QC - SOLD and bought a 2009 4x4 Megacab 2500 with 6.7 Cummins. Full Sinister EGR/Throttle Valve/dpf deletes, 4" Turbo back exhaust, Banks cold air intake, EFI Live tuning by Anarchy Diesel running 100hp Street tune. Peragon bed cover.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:49 PM
erm

The company's name is DiabloSport and their programmer is called the Predator, just to clarify that for ya. They also make other programmers.

So did you find any info on your intake and exhaust? Frankly, most of them do the same thing. The only real choices are how it sounds or how it looks. (Except for those cheapie eBay intakes.)

You've gotten two legs of the triangle here. You just need that programmer to take advantage of the increased air in and out.

And I will always recommend the DiabloSport Predator because of the results and gains I've gotten with them.