DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough
Default new speakers

i kno this is prolly answered somewhere here in the forums, but im just to lazy to look through the million posts so.....

my crappy infinity speakers are blown in my front doors, and my tweets in the front sound bad...im looking to change out all the speakers at once with a nice pioneer radio...if i change out the speakers, is it just straight replacement or is there extra wiring needed or modifying?? ive never dealt with speakers so im clueless. and also what are a good brand speakers? i just dont wanna have to pay an arm and a leg so....someone help!! thanks in advance!!!
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2011, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

How extensive of an install are you wanting? If it was me... I would bypass the factory amplifier and run new speaker wires for each speaker directly from the head unit. You can use a wiring harness adapter for that head unit to integrate with your factory Infinity system... but it's really just a waste in my opinion to upgrade to a better head unit, and then restrict it with some crappy factory amplifier.

I will re-iterate - strictly my opinions here.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:59 PM
erm

I agree with what chithead ^^^^ says.

The amplifier is a key limiting factor for audio performance in these trucks. It's much the same for most factory audio systems. My Ram system sucked, my 300C SRT8 system sucked, my '95 ImpalaSS system sucked...yadda yadda yadda

So with each I upgraded. Currently, in the Ram, I have a set of 2-way component speakers in the dash and doors driven by the 4 channel aftermarket amp, the rear speakers are a set of Kicker 6.5" units that are driven by the head unit and the subwoofer is an Alpine Type S 10" unit in a sealed box with an Alpine MRP-M500 amp. I kept the stock main amp in place to provide a digital signal to the new amp and used some PacAudio harness adapters to integrate the new amp to the stock wiring harness. I also put in an AudioControl LC6i 6 channel LOC with internal summing.

It sounds a LOT better now.

So, having said that...I'd invest in a good set of component speakers and an amp whose specs complement (not throttle) the speakers. For instance, my 2-ways want 125W RMS. My amp puts out 150W RMS on all 4 channels.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

hmm sounds so confusing! if i take it to get done at the shop i usually go to, i wanna make sure they do the shit right too but i kno they will charge out the ass! i wish you guys lived close to houston lol....but umm with all that said, would a pioneer head unit be a wise choice? and like are you talking about just run bigger speaker wire throughout my truck? and where is the factory amp at?
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat