DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
And Second Life ...not that I beleive anything you said about ur car being capable of 18 lbs of boost and running 12's.
What's so hard to beleive here? 18 psi isn't high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
But what does a low compression turbo pooparu have to do with the high compression eco pooper (besides both being poopers, lol)?
Are you really 56 years old?

And i talked about it because i got better fuel economy once tuned. Not because you're putting down more power that you take more gaz. Having that little boost in power actually help the engine, because it doesn't work as hard to get the car moving and keeping it moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
Everybody knows that the more you use the turbos the more fuel you burn and the more boost you use the higher air/fuel mixture you need. So don't give us this crap about your 18 lb 33.5 ml per gallon poo poo race car, lol. Same goes for the eco boost, more boost the more fuel/air mixture needed, the more fuel/air mixture, the hotter the temps in the CB especially with high CR engines like the EB.
I think i'm the one that had the car and i'm the one that did put the gaz in it Do the math if you're able to...

On the highway i was getting between 6.8L/100km and 7L/100km (hand calculated). 100% stock i was getting 8L/100km (hand calculated).

In the city the worse i got was 13.5L/100km (hand calculated).

And driving it like i stole it, the on dash computer was showing 50L/100km.

You know what, i done ''talking'' with you.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:52 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
Pretty sure real world experience is better than google. 2 hyundai genesis coupe 2.0T. One auto one manual. His manual with tune, cai, and catback got better gas mileage on the same stretch of road than mine that was stock and he ran .8-1 second faster than mine
And how long ago did you own this car?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
And how long ago did you own this car?
Got it in late August 2010 and traded it in for the truck in November 2010

Genesis http://s1024.photobucket.com/albums/...011%20Genesis/

Ram http://s1024.photobucket.com/albums/...r3/2011%20Ram/

Here's the day that I got the ram with the genesis next to it
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 09-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone here street raced an Eco Boost with their Hemi....other than me that is?

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 09-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Has anyone here street raced an Eco Boost with their Hemi....other than me that is?

I've been looking for it for a couple of week now.

Not a lot of Ecoboost around where i live. Seen 3 or 4 in 2 weeks on the highway, but i don't want to know who get to the limiter first. I want to know who get out of the hole faster.

And the only people i know with F150 have either the 4.6L V8 3v or the 5.4L V8 3v.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Just some guy in Canada

brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I see quite a few around here, but they sure are reluctant to 'show it off'. Maybe the Ram is starting to 'look' a little too intimidating, or the extra mods (that were touted as stock) on the one I raced, are what is necessary.
Since then, I've installed a K&N drop in, and a DSP with a 91 tune. I can't seem to get a re-match.....has me curious and wondering....

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 09-03-2011, 05:27 PM

I'm not on the road a lot. So that doesn't help to find them.

I'll find one, someday when i'm alone in the truck. My girlfriend is pregnant, so i'm not racing with her in the truck and 90% of the time she's with me. Once our little girl is here, i won't race with her in the truck either.

I guess i'm ****ed
Old 09-03-2011, 05:40 PM

RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Second Life...got under the hood pics of this turbo mod, I'm sure a turbo know it all like you would have some under hood turbo mod pics since you have pics of the car. But I doubt that very seriously because it most likely didn't happen. And how about some pics of this 12 sec car at the track and with time slips? I don't think you knew what a tuned up pipe was or what it's pupose was until I mentioned it. All of a sudden that's the first on the list of all you had for mods. dude...if you think 18 lbs is not much try that on the EB. And what's the CR on this car that you boosted to 18 lbs...I know because I looked it up but lets hear it from you and I'll tell you why your full of crap. You started this back up again by running ur mouth when I said that the EB would get less mileage and have a hotter CC after the tune. When you add boost you have to add fuel when you add fuel you raise the CC temps...get it through ur stubborn head. You should know that from what you said you did with ur pooproo!!! When you add fuel you loose fuel milage...period!!! As in when you go from a 650 cfm carb to a 780 you loose fuel milage!!! You chose to compare a low CR turbo poopru to a high compression EB. The difference between the two is night and day and if you don't know that then you don't know forced induction like you claim and your 12 mod is BS!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 05:43 PM

garner (nice pics btw), so you raced your Genisis at the track when you were 15, lol?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Life View Post
I'm not on the road a lot. So that doesn't help to find them.

I'll find one, someday when i'm alone in the truck. My girlfriend is pregnant, so i'm not racing with her in the truck and 90% of the time she's with me. Once our little girl is here, i won't race with her in the truck either.

I guess i'm ****ed
Under the circumstances, you are making a very good decision. With a new family on the way, I'm guessing that you will probably think twice about racing, even when alone....I know I did when in that position.