DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:243
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

high c/r engines with forced induction is pretty normal these days. with all the advancements in PCM processors, high pressure (50+ psi) fuel systems, piezio injectors, factory installed knock sensors and some vehicles O2 sensors are also wideband vs the less accurate narrow band. all this tech allows PCMs to monitor and make split second a/f changes to prevent detonation.

if the EB can run 14 psi on 87 octane then running 18 psi on a 93 octane tune would be no sweat. you def add fuel when you add boost to keep the a/f in check but where the F/I engines are seeing their good mileage is when they are being operated in vacuum. If the EB has a vacuum/boost guage installed the driver can easily manipulate this condition with throttle position and since the motor has a high c/r (10.5:1) it still responds well when not using boost. a lower c/r (like 8.5:1) would be more sluggish when not being boosted.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
Second Life...got under the hood pics of this turbo mod, I'm sure a turbo know it all like you would have some under hood turbo mod pics since you have pics of the car. But I doubt that very seriously because it most likely didn't happen. And how about some pics of this 12 sec car at the track and with time slips? I don't think you knew what a tuned up pipe was or what it's pupose was until I mentioned it. All of a sudden that's the first on the list of all you had for mods. dude...if you think 18 lbs is not much try that on the EB. And what's the CR on this car that you boosted to 18 lbs...I know because I looked it up but lets hear it from you and I'll tell you why your full of crap. You started this back up again by running ur mouth when I said that the EB would get less mileage and have a hotter CC after the tune. When you add boost you have to add fuel when you add fuel you raise the CC temps...get it through ur stubborn head. You should know that from what you said you did with ur pooproo!!! When you add fuel you loose fuel milage...period!!! As in when you go from a 650 cfm carb to a 780 you loose fuel milage!!! You chose to compare a low CR turbo poopru to a high compression EB. The difference between the two is night and day and if you don't know that then you don't know forced induction like you claim and your 12 mod is BS!!!

Ok that's the last time i'm talking to you. Since you can't read and can't remember who said what...

First of all, i said my car went from 14.2@98mph to 13@104.3mph. There's no 12 seconds car here.

The 12 seconds thing you're refering to was my 0-100 mph time, not my 1/4 mile time.

Garner is the one that told you there's no such thing has an up pipe.

I
told you turbo lag doesn't come from the boost, but from the turbo size, intercooler size, pipping lenght...

The Subaru Legacy GT have a 8.2:1 CR ratio.

Here's the picture you wanted, engine bay picture. Oh wait you can't see much, since everything is behind the engine close to the firewall. All you see is the K&N Typhoon intake i had.

As for time slip picture, i don't have them, because i sold the car 4 years ago and i don't keep them after i sell my car.There's no point in keeping them.

Like i said, normal driving i got better fuel economy on the highway with my modification.In the city it was the same as stock. If i was driving the car like i stole it, i was getting worse fuel economy and that's normal.

Ok that's the last time i'm talking to you. Since you can't read and can't remember who said what...

Last edited by Second Life; 09-03-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
garner (nice pics btw), so you raced your Genisis at the track when you were 15, lol?
Yupp. Track tech guy didn't even look at the id/permit or anything. All you did was fill out a card with name, year and make of vehicle you're racing, put down dl number(i put down permit number with the genesis when I was 15, I went once in the genesis when I was 16 which was the week before I traded it), and sign; and then hand it to the guy and he would write a number on your car. Now all you do is sign a waiver at the entrance; fill out a card with your name, year and make of the car you're racing, and sign that card; and then you hand the card to a guy while you're in the staging lanes and he writes the number on your car. Wish I had some slips but they were in the glovebox when I traded it in along with my sunglasses. on my part lol
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 09-04-2011, 02:15 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
Yupp. Track tech guy didn't even look at the id/permit or anything. All you did was fill out a card with name, year and make of vehicle you're racing, put down dl number(i put down permit number with the genesis when I was 15, I went once in the genesis when I was 16 which was the week before I traded it), and sign; and then hand it to the guy and he would write a number on your car. Now all you do is sign a waiver at the entrance; fill out a card with your name, year and make of the car you're racing, and sign that card; and then you hand the card to a guy while you're in the staging lanes and he writes the number on your car. Wish I had some slips but they were in the glovebox when I traded it in along with my sunglasses. on my part lol
I beleive you man, you have enough of this kind of stuff to deal with in other threads, lol!
Old 09-04-2011, 03:21 AM

RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Second Life;605118]Ok that's the last time i'm talking to you. Since you can't read and can't remember who said what...

Just as I figured, you have no proof of any mods other than a K&N intake...looks box stock to me. So all of your running of the mouth was just that...non stop diarrhea of the mouth. Your low compression pooproo is no comparison to the high compression EB when it comes to fuel milage, lag, maximum boost, or combustion chamber temperatures. The differences are night and day so you had no buisiness running your mouth about your now proven to be BS mods to fortify any opinion in this thread. Without pics and slips I don't beleive a word you said about that car other than you owned one. You've been busting my chops ever since this thread started so it wouldn't bother me the least bit if you stopped. I'll be looking forward to that, but with a mouth like yours that's yet to be seen.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
when you add fuel you raise the CC temps...get it through ur stubborn head
adding fuel will actually lower temps.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:243
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

exactly...adding oxygen increases temps and the fuel is there to cool it. a good example is nitrous (NO2). it adds so much power b/c you are injecting extra oxygen...then you have to add extra fuel to cool the combustion chamber to prevent burning up the pistons.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road

Well at least motor trend did pick the right truck for the "Truck Of The Year" for 2011!!! They just had an article on all 4 of the F-150's right now. 3.7V6 which did fairly well, 3.5L Ecoboost, 5.0 V8 (mustang motor) and the 6.2 in the Harley Davidson edition. The trucks did really well and they said the ecoboost had a lot of low end power (gee imagine that) and that they were impressed by the new lineup. Nothing wrong with saying a good truck is a good truck. They have some pretty cool little concepts like the tailgate step which I wish RAM would do.

Ver Batim, this was the closing line of the article; "The Ecoboost has the potential for providing decent fuel economy plus plenty of towing capacity - just not necessarily at the same time. When it comes to fuel economy, those who tow frequently may prefer the V8's but buyers who are looking for a daily driver and only occasionally tow, the Ecoboost is as Febbo aptly stated, 'the game changer for trucks'. If they can get enough people in them they will have converts left and right."

Interesting article, and they did the Dodge 2500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel also. They raved about the constant power, the amazing interior comfort, room, and usability. Only issue they had was they said it was too tall! LOL. I laughed so they installed a 500 dollar step for the sides so people could get in easier. I laugh because I use mine off road and I want all the body clearance I can get so it just cracks me up that people want to add something that will lose them clearance when off-roading, however in their defense, not many people are gonna be out mobbing a diesel laramie. It got great marks by everyone and they wished they could have kept it longer term, got great gas mileage and said it was the best 40k they could spend on ANY diesel truck which was pretty good. I know this was an EcoBoost Vs. Hemi thread but I wanted to throw this in there too as it was a good article. Back of the Sept edition of Motor Trend.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman 4x4
Color: Deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Second Life is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Just as I figured, you have no proof of any mods other than a K&N intake...looks box stock to me. So all of your running of the mouth was just that...non stop diarrhea of the mouth. Your low compression pooproo is no comparison to the high compression EB when it comes to fuel milage, lag, maximum boost, or combustion chamber temperatures. The differences are night and day so you had no buisiness running your mouth about your now proven to be BS mods to fortify any opinion in this thread. Without pics and slips I don't beleive a word you said about that car other than you owned one. You've been busting my chops ever since this thread started so it wouldn't bother me the least bit if you stopped. I'll be looking forward to that, but with a mouth like yours that's yet to be seen.

Tell me HOW you expect to see the up pipe and down pipe.Look at those picture, you should understand that you can't see it from the top.

And here's the turbo location

I didn't do the installation myself, hence why i don't have the parts picture. And i had the car for 3 months before trading it in on a 2005 F150 FX4.

You're actually the one making excuse when you don't know what you're talking about. Like blaming your son for telling us a pulley change up the boost on a turbo setup.

There's no BS here. I did have the car. I did have Lachute Performance install an Up pipe, Turboback exhaust (down pipe and catback) and a Cobbs Access port with a stage 2 tune. The K&N i did the installation myself.

Before all that, i had a local shop install Teins basic coilover and my 18'' wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
You've been busting my chops ever since this thread started
Maybe if you knew what you were talking about, i wouldn't be busting your chops...

Last edited by Second Life; 09-04-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
exactly...adding oxygen increases temps and the fuel is there to cool it. a good example is nitrous (NO2). it adds so much power b/c you are injecting extra oxygen...then you have to add extra fuel to cool the combustion chamber to prevent burning up the pistons.
If you go back further in this thread my you will see that I stating air/fuel raises the temps. You said so yourself which I agree to, the pcm/electronics will automatically adjust the air /fuel mixture and it will. Therefore when you add fuel to the EB, the elctronics will automatically adjust the air/fuel mixture. Same goes for the boost controller because it is electronic and not a manual though you can add a manual BC to it. I am well aware that without enough oxygen the fuel can't burn. Therefore being an elctronic system, you can not add fuel without the pcm picking up on it and split second adjusting the air/fuel mixture...the pcm is faster than we are. Therfore, when you add fuel to the EB, there is not enough room/space in the combustion chamber to ignite the fuel. (that's been my point) It would be a different ball game if this were a carburated engine, because you would have to adjust the air/fuel mixture yourself. If so, these dumbies who haven't ever gotten their hands dirty with their cars wouldn't know what to do with it. Same goes for high compression carb engines, you can screw up pretty easily when you run your car with the wrong air/fuel mixture making it harder to ignite it. Especially borderline 10.75 to 11.75:1 where you are runing an engine that can use both pump/race gas.EDIT:I forgot the most important part...When you add boost, you have to add fuel...that being said, how much boost can you add to the EB? That has been my point to this crap the whole time! My opinion all along has been that it is pegged at 14lbs, so to these other yahoos (not you chevykilla) on here trying to throw me in a cross....What in the F... is so stupid about that?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 09-04-2011 at 02:06 PM.