DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Had 1 1/2" Spacers on my nitro. Ram fine for 30 000Km than started to vibrate. Took them off re-torqued everything. Put them back on and did the same thing

In the end I took them off and said screw it. I was just going to wear and tear more parts if I kept them off.

Keep us updated on how they work though, I'm curious of the long time effects like pre-mature wear of ball joints or stuff.

Looks awesome though man
Old 09-03-2011, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport (HEMI)
Trim Level: Sport (HEMI)
Rep:60
Bighert3rd will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Keep us updated on how they work though, I'm curious of the long time effects like pre-mature wear of ball joints or stuff.[/QUOTE]

Will do. I really like the look and want to keep them on, but if something starts to sound the way is shouldn't then they will most likely come off.

Should I get a realignment or will that not do anything?
Old 09-04-2011, 11:30 AM

Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighert3rd View Post
Will do. I really like the look and want to keep them on, but if something starts to sound the way is shouldn't then they will most likely come off.

Should I get a realignment or will that not do anything?

Alignment wont do anything, you didnt play with your suspension.

Just need to make sure the spacer is centered on your hub, thats the major part. Than make sure your wheel goes on nice and center too.

The spacers I had, when you put them over the stock lugs. They had wiggle room. So i torqued the hell out of the lugnuts but I went to a special alignment shop myself due to the vibration.

They said the spacers that arent hubcentric they do work, but even if they are the slightest bit off. Youll pre maturely wear a lot of crap.

So we took them off, he came for a ride with me. And it was a night and day difference.

I love the look with spacers honestly, it makes it look like a beast.

Just make sure everythings centered and I shouldn't see any problems I know tons of guys who run them, on cars though. Trucks are a touch heavier ha

But just pay attention to the vibration (or floating feeling) later down the road. If you experience that, take it in pronto. Don't wait like I did where I had to replace upper ball joints on either side.... it sucked
Old 09-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi
Color: Black
Rep:53
cyberpine will become famous soon enough

I really like the look of negative offset too on a truck.. just a little for that aggressive look. I drove s-10 with 1.5 inch spacers in the back for 40k miles cause those trucks come with stupid positive offset rims. Never had an issue. But I think in the front is a different.

I'm considering wheels with -12mm offset vs +18mm offset.. that's like 1.25 inches out, but a with a wider tire. I don't think a neg offset rim is as bad as a spacer though.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordin View Post
Alignment wont do anything, you didnt play with your suspension.

Just need to make sure the spacer is centered on your hub, thats the major part. Than make sure your wheel goes on nice and center too.

The spacers I had, when you put them over the stock lugs. They had wiggle room. So i torqued the hell out of the lugnuts but I went to a special alignment shop myself due to the vibration.

They said the spacers that arent hubcentric they do work, but even if they are the slightest bit off. Youll pre maturely wear a lot of crap.

So we took them off, he came for a ride with me. And it was a night and day difference.

I love the look with spacers honestly, it makes it look like a beast.

Just make sure everythings centered and I shouldn't see any problems I know tons of guys who run them, on cars though. Trucks are a touch heavier ha

But just pay attention to the vibration (or floating feeling) later down the road. If you experience that, take it in pronto. Don't wait like I did where I had to replace upper ball joints on either side.... it sucked
I'm certain they are on nice and centered. Absolutely no vibration when driving. These are also made to automatically center as you tighten them down (as long as you do it properly). When putting them on over the stock lugs there was no wiggle room. I'll be paying very close attention to them over the next few weeks to ensure they are good. Plus I used alot of lock-tight on the nuts so I'm pretty sure they aren't movin...lol.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I'm certain they are on nice and centered. Absolutely no vibration when driving. These are also made to automatically center as you tighten them down (as long as you do it properly). When putting them on over the stock lugs there was no wiggle room. I'll be paying very close attention to them over the next few weeks to ensure they are good. Plus I used alot of lock-tight on the nuts so I'm pretty sure they aren't movin...lol.
Im sure you'll be fine.

I still love the way it makes the truck look, I have a set of adapters sitting at home in the garage. Just nervous to install ha

Will be keeping an eye on this thread
Old 09-30-2011, 08:50 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi
Color: Black
Rep:53
cyberpine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I wanted a more aggressive stance on the RAM so I decided to get me some 1 3/4 inch spacers (apapters)...whatever you want to call them.
@Bighert3rd, How many mile you got on them so far? Any issues? Are you lifted or leveled? 2wd? I do wonder how close the tires are now to the fender corners and back. It woudl be really valueble to see pics of wheel wells the tires turned slightly and all the way. Really no rubbing ever? I have to say I like the way it looks.. but wonder about long term impact and safety.

I'm considering some 18x9 -12mm offset with 325/60/18s on my stock (no lift no level) 2wd 2010 Ram. I do think I will need to cut some plastic though. Not sure yet.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpine View Post
@Bighert3rd, How many mile you got on them so far? Any issues? Are you lifted or leveled? 2wd? I do wonder how close the tires are now to the fender corners and back. It woudl be really valueble to see pics of wheel wells the tires turned slightly and all the way. Really no rubbing ever? I have to say I like the way it looks.. but wonder about long term impact and safety.

I'm considering some 18x9 -12mm offset with 325/60/18s on my stock (no lift no level) 2wd 2010 Ram. I do think I will need to cut some plastic though. Not sure yet.
I probably got about 300 miles (give or take) on them now. So far zero issues. No I'm not lifted or leveled...it's at the stock ride height. If I get some time today I'll snap some pics of the wheels turned and see how close they are to the fender wells. I'm sure they will prematurely wear some parts, but to be honest I'm looking at new rims and might take these off in the near future anyway. As far as safety, I'm pretty sure you'll have nothing to worry about as long as you get the hub centric type and use lock tight when installing.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:27 PM

Just a quick update. It's been a little over a month and a half since I installed these and so far no issues, no wierd noises, no vibrations, etc.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Just a quick update. It's been a little over a month and a half since I installed these and so far no issues, no wierd noises, no vibrations, etc.
Well it might be time for me to install mine I think!

Thanks for the update, still love the truck