DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of
Default 4.6L mustang gt - sort of

After work the other day I saw a movie with a buddy of mine that lives/works in the same area that I work in. After the movie we were going to his house and a mustang pulled up to me(the early 2000's body style). It was a pretty nice car and he had a nice exhaust it sounded great. He revved and when the light went green we stepped on it, it had just rained and we both spun like crazy but I beat him(probably due to my traction control). Next light he asked me if I had a hemi, I said "no", and enjoyed the same stupid look people give every time I say "287". I'm pretty sure I would have taken him even if we could have hooked up, I've beaten several mustangs, the only ones that get me are the highest output ones, I think they are 3 valve heads....?

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2011, 04:29 AM
Find em hot leave em wet

Vehicle: 12 RAM 1500 qc 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: express
Color: bright silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:204
moparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura about

people don't respect the new 287s enough b/c of the insane power the 4.6 early 90s only put out number similar to the first 4.7s if I'm not mistaken which isn't anything to impressive especially in a "muscle" car....fords lol nice kill
Old 09-02-2011, 09:35 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^ I agree, the 4.6L is not very impressive, even the highest output NA ones (the three valve heads) I believe have less hp and tq than the new 4.7L. They beat me though obviously because I'm double the weight.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

yeah a '05-'09 stock 3v is only rated at 300hp and 320tq.
in '10, they got a small increase to 315hp and 325tq.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:02 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Had a Cadillac come reving past me at about 40 mph and I was doing about 30. He had got into my turning lane directly in front of me so I figure I'd line up with him after the turn. When I got up on his rear at the light...it was like oh shit, lol! It was a Supercharged CTS, I saw the big emblem on the rear left side...I'm like oh oh! But then I saw that his rear tires were completely bald....yeah! He was checking me out in the rearveiw and reving it up the whole time we were sitting there. We turned and waited to cross a set of rr tracks and stopped side by side. We held up traffic behind us, all looked good with no cops around and peeps looking and watching. We used hand sigs and took off even but I had him all the way to second gear when we had to shut down for the next light, I was lmao. This friging Cadi had a standard transmission, never heard of such. I could hear his exhaust (aftermarket) over mine so he was close the whole way but I never looked back to see. I could hear his tires spinning like he was driving in the rain, he he! He wasn't speed shiffting either and was shifting too soon so I first thought that he was inexperienced. But after thinking , that was a good move considering he had no traction. He turned off to the right at the light and I headed straight for home. But this guy had to be the biggest idot of all to be dogging such a nice car on bald tires and loosing to a truck. How stupid can one be, that car would literally smoke me in the right conditions. Suprisingly the car looked as small, so that thing has got to scream with 550 hp. I bet that guys gonna looking for me with a set of new tires, lol! I'm not going to give him another shot either...I'm not that stupid, lol! You figure if the guy can afford a cadi like that, he shouldn't be letting his tires go like that. I have one word for that guy...stupid!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Had a Cadillac come reving past me at about 40 mph and I was doing about 30. He had got into my turning lane directly in front of me so I figure I'd line up with him after the turn. When I got up on his rear at the light...it was like oh shit, lol! It was a Supercharged CTS, I saw the big emblem on the rear left side...I'm like oh oh! But then I saw that his rear tires were completely bald....yeah! He was checking me out in the rearveiw and reving it up the whole time we were sitting there. We turned and waited to cross a set of rr tracks and stopped side by side. We held up traffic behind us, all looked good with no cops around and peeps looking and watching. We used hand sigs and took off even but I had him all the way to second gear when we had to shut down for the next light, I was lmao. This friging Cadi had a standard transmission, never heard of such. I could hear his exhaust (aftermarket) over mine so he was close the whole way but I never looked back to see. I could hear his tires spinning like he was driving in the rain, he he! He wasn't speed shiffting either and was shifting too soon so I first thought that he was inexperienced. But after thinking , that was a good move considering he had no traction. He turned off to the right at the light and I headed straight for home. But this guy had to be the biggest idot of all to be dogging such a nice car on bald tires and loosing to a truck. How stupid can one be, that car would literally smoke me in the right conditions. Suprisingly the car looked as small, so that thing has got to scream with 550 hp. I bet that guys gonna looking for me with a set of new tires, lol! I'm not going to give him another shot either...I'm not that stupid, lol! You figure if the guy can afford a cadi like that, he shouldn't be letting his tires go like that. I have one word for that guy...stupid!
I can't bear to spend alot of money on a car, but if I were ever to buy a high performance/expensive car it'd be the CTS-V. With just a few simple mods, I believe tune/pulley/intake/exhaust, the are nearly at 1000hp. And they are 4 door, look awesome, not excessively low to the ground, and you could actually drive it daily. At just $70k or whatever they cost, it really is a bargain compared to it's quarter and half million dollar "equal" competitors. For all intensive purposes it is basically the same car as the zr1 for $50k cheaper...

Old 09-04-2011, 11:49 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I can't bear to spend alot of money on a car, but if I were ever to buy a high performance/expensive car it'd be the CTS-V. With just a few simple mods, I believe tune/pulley/intake/exhaust, the are nearly at 1000hp. And they are 4 door, look awesome, not excessively low to the ground, and you could actually drive it daily. At just $70k or whatever they cost, it really is a bargain compared to it's quarter and half million dollar "equal" competitors. For all intensive purposes it is basically the same car as the zr1 for $50k cheaper...
I believe the CTS-V uses the 1.9L TVS blower vs the ZR-1 using the 2.3L TVS blower.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I believe the CTS-V uses the 1.9L TVS blower vs the ZR-1 using the 2.3L TVS blower.
I'm not sure exactly of all the differences, but I know they have some differences with the supercharger, I also thought a different size pulley outputting less boost, and different intercooler. I know they also have different internals, I think rods/pistons maybe... It is a slightly "weaker" engine, but basically the same... There are several cts-v's online, youtube, etc... that have anywhere from stock hp to 1000 hp, most claim just some basic mods(intake, exhaust, tune, pulley...), I would think a few grand...