DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen1dak View Post
ramvan2500, I know what you mean. Not speaking of anyone in particular, but it gets aggravating when you try to help and they keep coming back with, "Well what if..." I'm reminded of a fellow that finally had enough of my questions about a sailboat rig. I was emailing him with all my what-if questions. He had the same type boat. Finally, he wrote that he didn't see why I didn't just go out and sail the thing before trying to redesign it. (Followed by several exclamation points). I thought I was doing good by covering several viewpoints before setting up a replacement mast and rigging. Anyway, he was right, but despite his chiding, it still took me a while to accept it.
I understand what you mean. I am just going to let you finish up on it cause I am getting ready to do some camping so I have many things to do a little more important. But anyways to a previous comment, You must of mis-understood me. I never said the 5.2 and 5.9 are the same, I said that the heads were the same and I left it at that. I pistons are different, the stroke and bore (so pistons then lol). Of course the computer is different, the cam is the same. The crank is different as is the block. Most of everything else is the same, the intake manifold, the TB, the heads, etc... The little things are the same safe to say that. I really believe in working with what you have first because I read about many people just dumping a 5.9L in and read other people who have modified the 5.2L a bit and have gotten pretty much the same outcome. Eitherway the 5.2 and 5.9 have the same HP it's only that the 5.9L has a small amount more torque 20ft/lbs to be exact of course these numbers in themselfs are estimates calculated by chrysler so for all we know these numbers could be high or low and in most cases they are low because of tolerances with ware etc... But anyways enough Magnum PI talk for me.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 1990 RamCharger
Color: Red
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:74
Gen1dak will become famous soon enough

Nah, we are on the same page on the two engines. I was responding to something CJ2007Ram posted.

Last edited by Gen1dak; 09-08-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen1dak View Post
Nah, we are on the same page on the two engines. I was responding to something CJ2007Ram posted.
OH ok my fault then. I must be coming down with something.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:48 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Lancer TURBO
Trim Level: ES Sport
Color: Graphite Gray
Rep:10
Serrilion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Serrilion Send a message via MSN to Serrilion Send a message via Yahoo to Serrilion

To end this build of a motor... Swaped in a Comp Cam I bought off Summit racing, did a quick and dirty port polish job... Sold the truck about a week later... and well a dead tread in the end, is the truck Reved better, seemed to have better low end torque was about it... and guy I sold it too wrecked it that day on the way home.... only reason I know is $$$$ went into the bank and I had a cop at my door asking why I left the seen of an accident... i was like? what