DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

increased piston pressure on the clutch frictions/steels leads to less slip under torque
less slip = less chance of burning the friction material off the clutches and burning many of the transmission internals when the ATF is contaminated/degraded.
I'm pretty sure its nothing more than a series of resistors with a couple stock connectors...meant to trick the computer to increase pressure from the pump/valves

45RFE - 545RFE - 68RFE Line Pressure Booster

If you check the http://www.sonnax.com/ website, it becomes pretty obvious thay are not into selling "snake-oil" ebay gadgets or 100hp chips for $49

...More pressure for more Torque...it's a no-brainer.

The 45/545RFE transmission uses a full range line pressure sensor mounted on the outside of the transmission for "closed loop" line pressure control. Due to this system, traditional methods of raising line pressure by changing the PR spring or valves have no effect. The Sonnax Line Pressure Booster alters the pressure signal sent to the computer causing the computer to raise line pressure has 15-30 psi increase. Higher line pressure increases clutch holding power and torque capacity but with these transmissions, the increase has a limited effect on shift feel. Changes in shift feel will be noticed mostly under aggressive driving or loaded conditions. This part is ideal for heavy duty and modified vehicles and even stock transmissions when a little extra pressure is desired. No other modifications are required. The Line Pressure Booster installs between the pressure sensor and vehicle harness using OEM style sealed connectors. Simply unplug the vehicle harness and reconnect with one of these parts.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 09-15-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm pretty sure its nothing more than a series of resistors with a couple stock connectors...meant to trick the computer to increase pressure from the pump/valves
That's what I assumed too, but hadn't ever seen any explanation. I just don't like throwing things on my truck without knowing what they are...I may try it out...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:43 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:184
ORT has a spectacular aura aboutORT has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
That's what I assumed too, but hadn't ever seen any explanation. I just don't like throwing things on my truck without knowing what they are...I may try it out...
I've been running one for a while now and have had no issues with it. Best of all, it is probably the simplist install of just about any mod out there.
Sidewinder Cam/Edge Converter/Pacesetter LT's/SCT&SC Stack/Hemifever Tune/BFI #32/20% UD Pulley/Fastman TB/Triple Pillar/1 TonCooler/Sonnax/E-Cutout/Venom Hood/SRT Bumper/Roll Pan/HID's/Aeroforce Wideband/E-Fan/Hellwig/2" Drop/170 Stat/D&S Rotors/Remote Start/Hella 500's/5% Tint/Black Everything
Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Thanks, I will probably try it....although I may wait for another 4th gen to run one, I'm sure someone is and I'll wait to see them post their results...

Old 09-16-2011, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Thanks, I will probably try it....although I may wait for another 4th gen to run one, I'm sure someone is and I'll wait to see them post their results...
LOL you need to get around more There's several posts on "other" Dodge Forums
Here's a small sampling...

an 09' Laramie with superchips tuner:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadedlaramie View Post
ive got one, and it makes it much better.
my trans tune on my cortex doesnt seem to change the TM settings to where i can feel it any differant, but the sonnax does.
i had one on my 06 too and it was worth it.
Brand New 11' (no tuner) QC Sport with CatBack and Drop in K&N

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHemi View Post
ok sorry got delayed, i installed the Sonnax line booster, and all i can say is its night and day difference in shifts, they are alot firmer and quicker, there is absolutely no lag when you punch it, the thing just seems to haul, i kept going over 90 without even paying attention
All i can say is..... DO IT!!!!
worth every penny you wont be disappointed
09' Sport AWD Twin Turbo 500HP beast..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGH View Post
Autobred did not have a line booster installed, we never got around to doing it.
I just put my built trans in this weekend and have been running around with a pressure gauge on it to see what was going on with line pressure. The manual states that operating pressure is between 35 and 165psi. I replaced the bypass spring on the pump so that it will make more pressure, to keep the clutches from slipping. Without the line booster, driving around for 2 days, the max pressure was 150psi. I installed the line booster last night, and WOW what a difference. The shifts are much firmer, and much quicker, and the line pressure max is now 175psi.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 09-16-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:12 AM

Yeah this forum and the buell forum I'm on take up all my computer time lol. I probably spend an hour every evening on here, and 15-30 minutes every evening on the buell forum lol! I can't believe you guys belong to multiple forums like this, I'd have no time left after checking the messages haha. Usually on friday morning my wife will say to me "can we go on a date tonight, and can you stay off the forum for 24 hours?" lol. Thanks for the info, I'm sure I will try it out at some point and see how it goes.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:29 AM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

I think this has been one of the best performance based threads I have seen on this forum yet!!!

Quote:
Yeah this forum and the buell forum I'm on take up all my computer time lol. I probably spend an hour every evening on here, and 15-30 minutes every evening on the buell forum lol! I can't believe you guys belong to multiple forums like this, I'd have no time left after checking the messages haha. Usually on friday morning my wife will say to me "can we go on a date tonight, and can you stay off the forum for 24 hours?" lol. Thanks for the info, I'm sure I will try it out at some point and see how it goes.
haha im on 3 different forums like this. RamForumz Ls1Tech and Yellowbullet.com I wish i could only spend and hour or so a night on each one lol.

When i get home from work my girlfriend take my laptop and wont give me the power cord until I spend time with her and cook dinner! Thankfully she likes my truck and LOVES my drag car so she understands why Im on the forums so much. Were workin on getting her a Ram as well and Im going to try and get her to come on as well

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 09-16-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
When i get home from work my girlfriend take my laptop and wont give me the power cord until I spend time with her and cook dinner!
I know EXACTLY what you mean haha.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Yes I did the custom tune pushed her up into the 370rwhp range and that was enough to do roast the reverse shaft or something the dealer fixed it right up tho even with the listed mods I have. I pulled the tune and all was good.

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 09-16-2011, 10:46 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Stay away from the sonnax line pressure booster this was the other reason why my tranny went.

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning