DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Sonnax 545RFE Line Pressure Booster

Just wanted to throw this out there,

But I got mine in and this thread will help people "searching" for answers to the Sonnax piece!

I have had mine in for two days now, along with

BlackRamHemi...bad @$$ black reg cab (please chime in)

and we both are very happy with the shifting results. I cannot speak for the few that have bad things to say about these pieces....but I can't confirm their claims either, because....

My truck shifts WAY better with the Sonnax in! I found tons of happy owners on the D T forum, so I went for it, and will never look back!

Edit: Here is the install.......passenger side of the transmission at the back corner of the fluid pan...single connector behind the y-pipe / heat guard plate! The Sonnax just clips between the transmission and the stock wire...only one way to do it!

Last edited by 916Timmy; 09-23-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2011, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Cool! Are you going to the track tonight to see how it effects times? Any other changes since the last track visit?

The more talk about this sonnax the more I want to buy it....I saw BRH was pleased with his as well...where'd you order yours from?

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:43 PM

916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

Circle D Specialties.....57 bucks shipped! Call to order to save some shipping costs vs buying online!
http://www.circledspecialties.com/c-87-dodge.aspx
Old 09-23-2011, 04:47 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Thanks bud! ....have to type more apparently lol

Old 09-23-2011, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:527
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Good Idea to start its own Thread Timmy
it was kind of a thread hijack on the broken transmission thread

It's about the fastest easiest performance mod you can add for $50
although its little more than a resistor housed in a stock connector, it does the job.

I'm not sure it will show up on a timeslip as a huge benefit,
but just the increased firmness of the shifts makes it great for daily driving.

The biggest benefit for those that race, or just drive hard, is extending the life of your transmission because it increases the holding power of the internal clutch packs.

Less clutch slip = less chance of burning the frictions off the clutch plates = less change of a burnt up transmission.

45RFE - 545RFE - 68RFE Line Pressure Booster
#45LPB / #68LPB. This family of transmissions uses a full range line pressure sensor mounted on the outside of the transmission for "closed loop" line pressure control. Due to this system, traditional methods of raising line pressure by changing the PR spring or valves have no effect. This Line Pressure Booster alters the pressure signal sent to the computer causing the computer to raise line pressure. The 68RFE has a 10-15 PSI increase and the 45RFE and 545RFE has a 15-30 PSI increase. Higher line pressure increases clutch holding power and torque capacity. Changes in shift feel will be noticed mostly under aggressive driving or loaded conditions. This part is ideal for heavy duty and modified vehicles and even stock transmissions when a little extra pressure is desired. No other modifications are required. The Line Pressure Booster installs between the pressure sensor and vehicle harness using OEM style sealed connectors. Simply unplug the vehicle harness and reconnect with one of these parts. Cost $49.00

Increased line pressure
Increased clutch clamping force and torque capacity
Installs on outside of transmission
Easy plug and play installation

You can pick one up at several places on line

http://www.transmissionsone.com/45rf...s_from_pat.htm

their ebay add here:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/45RFE-545RFE-...item53e6d19674

$39.95 here:

http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...-044957lb2.htm

couple install pic's

Mine:

Here's the passenger side view looking toward the Y pipe on a stock Ram

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 09-23-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:04 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Thanks bud! ....have to type more apparently lol
You might want to check with SC to make sure it doesn't mess with their T/M unless you already know.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
You might want to check with SC to make sure it doesn't mess with their T/M unless you already know.
Which I have been told it does and doesn't....

From what I have been told, I would not run them together on MY truck.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:10 PM

^ Every time I'm about to order it something pops up haha! Did not realize it could screw with it....I could set the TM to stock, but I don't know which would be better as the SC increases line pressure...I will ask them how much they increase it...

Old 09-23-2011, 05:16 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:527
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

I had a Superchips Cortex ,
only ran it for about a month and couldn't sell it fast enough!

I've found a winning combo for a great launch, solid shifts and very little to no noticeable factory torque management....
Edge Torque Converter + Diablo Tune + Sonnax

MGH tells me there's a work around to use a TransGo shift kit on a 4G 545RFE now too.
That will be my next mod (it's only $69) !

BTW, the Sonnax is not required if you want to get a custom Diablo tune done
....you're CMR can program the same line pressures for you and save you the $50

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 09-23-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:43 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
^ Every time I'm about to order it something pops up haha! Did not realize it could screw with it....I could set the TM to stock, but I don't know which would be better as the SC increases line pressure...I will ask them how much they increase it...
Let me know what you find out. I'd like to get one for myself too, thanks!