DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

smart kid! lol but really did you graduate?
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat
Old 09-28-2011, 10:27 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Yeah I don't know how he could have done that, I know there are early grad programs though. At my school they had one but it was only one year early, so you could be 17 and graduated....although depending on when your bday was I guess you could be 16 as well...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:17 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:184
ORT has a spectacular aura aboutORT has a spectacular aura about

Could always have gotten his GED. Pretty sure you can get that at any age after 15 or something like that.
Sidewinder Cam/Edge Converter/Pacesetter LT's/SCT&SC Stack/Hemifever Tune/BFI #32/20% UD Pulley/Fastman TB/Triple Pillar/1 TonCooler/Sonnax/E-Cutout/Venom Hood/SRT Bumper/Roll Pan/HID's/Aeroforce Wideband/E-Fan/Hellwig/2" Drop/170 Stat/D&S Rotors/Remote Start/Hella 500's/5% Tint/Black Everything
Old 09-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHemI View Post
so wait what did you beat? the 300c?
The fox body with edelbrock stage 1 intake manifold and cai

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I think I'm more impressed that you're graduated at 16...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHemI View Post
smart kid! lol but really did you graduate?
Yupp really graduated

Quote:
Yeah I don't know how he could have done that, I know there are early grad programs though. At my school they had one but it was only one year early, so you could be 17 and graduated....although depending on when your bday was I guess you could be 16 as well...
Here they let you graduate your junior year if you have enough credits. I started kindergarten when I was 4 so I ended up being 15 the beginning of my junior year and turned 16(october birthday) during the year. Had to take english 4 and economics over the summer to get ahead and then to get the rest of the credits I needed I took dual credit(highschool and college credit at once) classes at the local community college which were sociology and government so along with the college algebra/college precal I took during my last year I graduated with 14 credit hours too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORT View Post
Could always have gotten his GED. Pretty sure you can get that at any age after 15 or something like that.
No GED here. Full diploma

Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 09-28-2011, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:184
ORT has a spectacular aura aboutORT has a spectacular aura about

Cool. What college you at now?
Sidewinder Cam/Edge Converter/Pacesetter LT's/SCT&SC Stack/Hemifever Tune/BFI #32/20% UD Pulley/Fastman TB/Triple Pillar/1 TonCooler/Sonnax/E-Cutout/Venom Hood/SRT Bumper/Roll Pan/HID's/Aeroforce Wideband/E-Fan/Hellwig/2" Drop/170 Stat/D&S Rotors/Remote Start/Hella 500's/5% Tint/Black Everything
Old 09-28-2011, 04:09 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Cool man good for you! I did dual enrollment as well it gave me a good jump on college, but I still graduated after my 4th year like normal. Despite the jump start on college I still graduated a year "late" lol (engineering degree + working full time = difficult).

Old 09-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORT View Post
Cool. What college you at now?
None right now. But in the spring I'm gonna start taking classes for a radiology tech program at blinn

Quote:
Cool man good for you! I did dual enrollment as well it gave me a good jump on college, but I still graduated after my 4th year like normal. Despite the jump start on college I still graduated a year "late" lol (engineering degree + working full time = difficult).
Thanks. And wow that had to be crazy with all the school work and then a full time job. I don't even see how some people do part time jobs
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 09-28-2011, 04:22 PM

It was definitely tough at times lol. A buddy of mine that I had in nearly every class the second half of school and I perfected last minute studying lol. We would meet at the library on campus about 9 or 10, have a few red bulls, and study until about 5 or 6, did this one or two nights before most of our tests and we usually did very well. I even somehow often got the highest or near highest test grades fairly often and sometimes even skipped class to work....makes me wonder if I'm really smart, or everyone else is just really stupid lol. My buddy also worked a lot, and middle of the night was sometimes the only time we had to study. There were a lot of nights that I'd go to work all day, go straight to class, then study, then go straight back to work without sleeping, etc... Reality is though, it just comes pretty naturally to me....things I struggled with a lot were chemistry classes(had a few repeats there....lol) and electrical. Most everything else seemed to come to me easy.

All in all though, it really wasn't THAT hard. 90% of it was pretty easy. I started out mechanical and switched to civil half way through. I got a job with a masonry contractor and switched to what the school called "construction engineering" since it fit my job better...but it's just a civil engineering degree plus a few construction management classes.....I sure picked a bad time to get into construction

What your getting into sound pretty interesting

Old 09-28-2011, 06:09 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Good for you garner, I'm glad you finished high school early! I've known of several kids that were pulled out of high school early and sent directly to college with grants because of high IQ's. One in particular that was pulled out of middle school. He had an IQ of 180 and by the time he was in his early 20's he had a PHd and working on a Scd. At the same time he was being paid (90's) by our government 60 dollars an hr while in school for studying to to become a rocket scientist...so anything is possible. I have to say that I'm glad you weren't snatched out as a genius. Sounds good, but most of them turn out to be basket cases. It seems the more you know about this world the worse off you'll be. Congrats, you too snrusnak.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

shoot its hard enough for me to take 4 classes in college and work full time...and next semester im transfering to SHSU! im excited!
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat