DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Fleet
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:47
Okiespaniels is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Id have to disagree. You can get some MB wheels for $100 and they are a great quality wheel. Why? Youre not having to pay for the name "Weld" or their sponsorships of racing trucks or their advertising costs in 4 Wheel & Off Road etc.

It's amazing how something thats reasonably priced anymore is automatically dismissed as poor quality simply because it hasnt succumbed to the capitalist machine yet.

I used to run Maxxis tires all the time, and they used to be WAY cheaper than other tires, and people questioned that all the time. Now that they have racing teams and crap, they are more expensive, but people know the name and dont say anything.
I agree!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

Razorbass their are plenty of pep boys around me. I'll be happy to purchase and ship them for you. Let me look at the site I might be able to have them shipped to your door.
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 PM

I just found this for you This was posted on 5-3-11

Proline Alloy Wheels $75 16x8 at Pepboys
Ok heres the deal- Pepboys has Proline Alloy wheels, style 139 16x8 for $75 bucks a pop. Heres the story:

Walked into pepboys one day and saw a decent looking alloy wheel on the wall said $69.95, available in 15x8 and 16x8, upon closer inspection and grabbing a tape measure off the shelf I quickly realized these are 16x8 6x5.5 bolt pattern, 4.5 backspacing with a 108mm center bore. I thought perfect.

Well when I went to the service counter and stated "I want 4 of those wheels on the wall" the man replied by asking me what year make and model my truck was, in a daze of confusion I answered, and he replied we do not have those wheels for your vehicle... HMMM Now I know these will fit my 02 Taco, so I after an hour, 2 phone calls and 2 visits back to pepboys I finally got the guy behind the counter to come over to the wall and see the wheel I was talking about.

He replies "oh those are gm wheels" I said "YES EXACTLY they will fit my truck!!" So if you are interested in the wheels, go to pepboys, tell them what you are looking for and then tell them to look it up for a 2003? or newer gm truck (full size) and wah lah there they were-

A slight catch that every pepboys may not catch, in there computer screen they need to change the warehouse search to "Los Angeles" 2 weeks ago the LA warehouse had 70+ left in stock. They come to $75 bucks a peice and they will ship them to any pepboys location for no cost.

Just got them mounted up, lug centric balance (because the hub bore is slightly larger than stock) and road forced- Looks pretty decent- good deal for for alloys! Iv got some pics, I will post them up today or tomorrow. Or just search google images for Proline 139.

They sit out about an inch more than stock, pretty flush with the fender flares for a clean look, no upper control arm rub with my DC FC2 285/75/16 slight frame rub, but a good alignment may fix that.
3" Coil Spacers, 3" All Pro leaf packs, billy 5100's, 1"diff drop, 1" poly body mounts, B&M short throw, magnaflow cat back, k&n FIP kit, grey wire mod, diff breather mod, DC FC II 285/75 16's, hydraulic hood lift, Pioneer Avic Z2, 12" JL w3's, mono block 250 custom built.
[/size]
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 10-02-2011, 11:12 PM

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...5_438822_n.jpg

I just found this pic
Old 10-02-2011, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Unlimited Sport
Color: Bright White
Rep:40
Mudder is on a distinguished road

This sucks, I'd like to see what kinda selection and other designs they have.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:10
JumpSteady is on a distinguished road

That looks pretty good for $75. I can say that pep boys does have some pretty good deals on certain things. One time I got a remanufactured drive axle for a BMW from them for $79 that no one else had except new from the dealer for $369. Another time I got a crate engine for a mustang for $699 which was hundreds less than any other place I priced.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysnst2 View Post
Razorbass their are plenty of pep boys around me. I'll be happy to purchase and ship them for you. Let me look at the site I might be able to have them shipped to your door.
Thanks for taking the time to do the research. Can you tell from their site if there is a 20" version of that wheel available? I am certain it would cost more. I appreciate the offer to have them shipped to me, that was very kind of you. However, the store in Tulsa is less than two hours away so I can check them out the next time I am there. Thanks again!
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 10-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
This sucks, I'd like to see what kinda selection and other designs they have.
I agree. I can't understand why, in this day and age, any retailer would block their website from anyone based on geographic location. Just because you may not ship to a certain area doesn't mean you should prevent people from seeing what you have for sale. I would imagine this has cost them some business. I checked their store locations and it looks like Little Rock is the closest one to you.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Called the Pep Boys store in Tulsa. Guy there told me they were never available in a 20" model. He looked in the system and could not find that model of wheel available for any 09-11 Ram.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:31 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Yeah don't be thrown off by the extremely cheap wheels you can get at tire shops....they sell them cheap by only having few choices, and selling a lot of them. The quality is equal to companies like american racing (which aren't the BEST, but are good). I like those wheels, real sharp.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.