DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical


Notices

Electrical 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-08-2009, 09:53 PM
dkersey dkersey is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 59
Posts: 4
Gender: Male
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
dkersey is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Totally Confused

Well I hope that some one here can help me out. I will try to be brief. 1997 Ram Magnum 5.2L. Here is what is happening to me. A few weeks ago the computer set a P0207 code. Ok. Injector #7 Ckt. Checked wiring and it was ok. Put in new(rebuilt)injectors. Cleaned throttle body and all ports including MAP and IAC. IAC is functioning properly. Same thing. If I unpleg any other injector it sets a code for that one(injector #1 P0201 etc.)I replaced the TPS Sensor. Someone on a forum said that it may be the cause. Still getting P0207. Replaced PCM with rebuilt. Ran great for about 6 blocks and set P0207. Now I am not the smartest person in the world but I am having a real hard time beliving that the code has anything to do with the #7 injector. Moved #7 to #1. Still get P0207. Checked the wiring again. Used a DVM Meter and ohmed out the wires(power disconnected of course). Wiring is good. I am now at a loss as to where to turn. I REALLY like the truck and it has been steady eddie with no problems. Is there anything or anywhere else that I should be looking. I guess the only thing that I have not replaced is the MAP sensor. I could use some help here. I don't know where else to turn. Starting to get expensive.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 06-08-2009, 10:32 PM
boostjunkie1's Avatar
boostjunkie1 boostjunkie1 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Middle of NC
Age: 32
Posts: 522
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep Power: 0
Rep:62
boostjunkie1 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersey View Post
Well I hope that some one here can help me out. I will try to be brief. 1997 Ram Magnum 5.2L. Here is what is happening to me. A few weeks ago the computer set a P0207 code. Ok. Injector #7 Ckt. Checked wiring and it was ok. Put in new(rebuilt)injectors. Cleaned throttle body and all ports including MAP and IAC. IAC is functioning properly. Same thing. If I unpleg any other injector it sets a code for that one(injector #1 P0201 etc.)I replaced the TPS Sensor. Someone on a forum said that it may be the cause. Still getting P0207. Replaced PCM with rebuilt. Ran great for about 6 blocks and set P0207. Now I am not the smartest person in the world but I am having a real hard time beliving that the code has anything to do with the #7 injector. Moved #7 to #1. Still get P0207. Checked the wiring again. Used a DVM Meter and ohmed out the wires(power disconnected of course). Wiring is good. I am now at a loss as to where to turn. I REALLY like the truck and it has been steady eddie with no problems. Is there anything or anywhere else that I should be looking. I guess the only thing that I have not replaced is the MAP sensor. I could use some help here. I don't know where else to turn. Starting to get expensive.

- - - Wow.... Only thing I would say is to replace the wiring because you have changed everything else...... Make sure that the wire does not have a small crack in it allowing it to vibrate against the block causing a short. The small cracks can get you and you will never see them unless you have a megger and wiggle the wires just like they are vibrating when the truck is going down the road... Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2009, 12:12 AM
dkersey dkersey is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 59
Posts: 4
Gender: Male
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
dkersey is on a distinguished road
Default THANK YOU boostjunkie1

I have got to say a big thank you to boostjunkie1. I posted the problem and you replied pretty quick. I found the problemwith your help. I have been doing electronics and electrical for thirty years and it still never ceases to amaze me how often I tend to over complicate things. The problem turned out to be in the wiring even tough it read good with a meter. When I changed out the old cold air intake for a new one I nicked the #7 injector wire. Not enough to cut it all the way through but enough to allow a single strand of wire to dangle down and touch the new nut for the cold air intake. This all made sense after I took a break and read your post. Sometimes it just takes another set of eyes to see through to the problem. Truck is running a good as it always has and I am a happy camper. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-09-2009, 12:45 AM
erm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Way to go, boostjunkie1! Beans to ya!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2009, 01:12 AM
boostjunkie1's Avatar
boostjunkie1 boostjunkie1 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Middle of NC
Age: 32
Posts: 522
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep Power: 0
Rep:62
boostjunkie1 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersey View Post
I have got to say a big thank you to boostjunkie1. I posted the problem and you replied pretty quick. I found the problemwith your help. I have been doing electronics and electrical for thirty years and it still never ceases to amaze me how often I tend to over complicate things. The problem turned out to be in the wiring even tough it read good with a meter. When I changed out the old cold air intake for a new one I nicked the #7 injector wire. Not enough to cut it all the way through but enough to allow a single strand of wire to dangle down and touch the new nut for the cold air intake. This all made sense after I took a break and read your post. Sometimes it just takes another set of eyes to see through to the problem. Truck is running a good as it always has and I am a happy camper. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

........OH YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... That is what I am here for .........Glad to see you got her fixed
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2009, 02:09 AM
dkersey dkersey is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 59
Posts: 4
Gender: Male
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
dkersey is on a distinguished road
Default

Yep. Got her done. Just had to have boostjunkie1 take me back to the first principle of troubleshooting. Keep It Simple Stupid. Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-09-2009, 12:29 PM
boostjunkie1's Avatar
boostjunkie1 boostjunkie1 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Middle of NC
Age: 32
Posts: 522
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep Power: 0
Rep:62
boostjunkie1 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersey View Post
Yep. Got her done. Just had to have boostjunkie1 take me back to the first principle of troubleshooting. Keep It Simple Stupid. Thanks again!!
.....Not laughing at you....laughing with you ......I have done this so many times with Cars and Boats that as soon as I read the first post that is all I could think of............KISS
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum