DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 RAM Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
MRP is on a distinguished road
Default Transmission - Diablo Preadtor HELP!

Hey all,

I have the predator installed on my 2010 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. Love it, but I'm having transmissions problems. The trans is not working correctly. I'm missing gears shifting and it down shifts very hard. I got two check engine codes. One for torque converter malfunction and one for 4th gear incorrect. I uninstalled the predator and re-installed the factory tune. Took it to dodge and they said we check your truck with out computer and you have a "diablo predator" installed and we cant help you out at all - sorry.

My question is, how do I get all diablo information removed from my truck? The folks at dodge told me to do just that and bring it to another dealer. Any help, suggestions? Anyone have problems with this in the past?

Mike
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Maybe if you take the diablo window stickers off it would help(just kidding). Everyone says that it's not suppose to leave a "footprint". Could you have made a mistake when you tried to unload it? "They" say that the 2010 had tranmission problem from the factory and that the diablo just aggravates the existing problem. If you look at the diablo web site you will see many many similar complaints.
Jay
Old 10-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Have you contacted Diablo Sport to ask them?

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 10-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Have you contacted Diablo Sport to ask them?
Not yet, the are only open on Mon-Fri. I plan to on Monday. Just thought I'd ask here to see if any of you guys had a similar problem.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:02 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn Edition
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:23
wickedpissahtruck is on a distinguished road

Did you get a chance to call today? Any update? This has me a little concerned as I have a DSP as well and the biggest selling point to me was the fact it isn't SUPPOSE to leave a footprint after you uninstalled it.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:06 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:184
ORT has a spectacular aura aboutORT has a spectacular aura about

You can try the DS forum too. If this is a common problem you will probably find someone on there who has also experienced it.
Sidewinder Cam/Edge Converter/Pacesetter LT's/SCT&SC Stack/Hemifever Tune/BFI #32/20% UD Pulley/Fastman TB/Triple Pillar/1 TonCooler/Sonnax/E-Cutout/Venom Hood/SRT Bumper/Roll Pan/HID's/Aeroforce Wideband/E-Fan/Hellwig/2" Drop/170 Stat/D&S Rotors/Remote Start/Hella 500's/5% Tint/Black Everything
Old 10-04-2011, 02:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Okay here is the skinny. Diablo, they said that there is absolutely no foot print left in the vehicle and even if the tune was still installed when I brought it there they would need a diagnostic machine that was able to encrypt their code in order to see the tune. But, they would be able to see that the PCU was "flashed" or reset. This can be fixed by reinstalling the stock tune and unplugging the Neg battery termal for 15 minutes after reinstalling the stock tune.

Now back to Dodge. How did they know i had the Diablo installed if all of the above is true? Well, they didnt't see it in there and I caught them in a lie when I confronted them. They never saw the tune, the only thing they saw was that the PCU was flashed. They saw my Diablo tuner in my tool box while looking for my wheel key - bastards. I currently have my truck getting a new tranny at another dodge dealership and plan to write a letter to Dodge/Chrysler to let them know how much I felt like i was being shafted. Shafted after they spent our tax dollars to help them selves out and shafted keeping a working man like myself with out his truck – an essential part to my pay check.

Thanks guys for your help. Hope this experience might save someone the same headache I had.

Mike
Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORT View Post
You can try the DS forum too. If this is a common problem you will probably find someone on there who has also experienced it.
I checked it out - great stuff. And their tech support was very cool as well.

Mike
Old 10-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Finally got another dealer to look at the transmission. Like I thought, the transmission was shot. The dealership is rebuilding it now. Seemingly the torque converter was effed, as well as the clutches, seals ect...
Old 10-06-2011, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

sorry to hear about the run around they gave you bud but at least now you got it all figured out and your gettin a rebuild
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,