DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Ram R/T

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Trim Level: SLT
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Got this emblem on ebay for $30. Exact same look as front grille
but smaller. Peel and stick.
That looks good too but even the full size front grill R/T Ram emblem isn't that huge so I had to go with that. For me it's a perfect fit. I even had a co-worker compliment the look with the badge this morning.

The cost was the one thing that really the only thing that prevented me from doing it sooner. The Badges go for about $80 shipped, but I got it for $69 shipped, no tax. Still, that's a lot of money for a badge...but I plan on keeping my truck for a very long time and the look really makes a difference so I'm glad I did it.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:62
MrCrash will become famous soon enough

No badges here, so I did the next best thing.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Nice..............
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrash View Post
No badges here, so I did the next best thing.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Rep:10
race06074 is on a distinguished road

As a NEW r/t owner i dont agree that the truck is an SLT sport. If it was no one would be buying the r/t. I mean the interior is totally different. The slt has the grandpa shifter on the column. The r/t has a different hood, 22's , different rearend, different seats. So i guess you could put a $70-$80 R/T badge on any truck but you better spend a few thousand more and change a few more things to make it a real r/t. (or at least look more like one)
Old 10-08-2011, 10:27 AM

Vehicle: 2011
Trim Level: r/t
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:102
chuckie will become famous soon enoughchuckie will become famous soon enough

different torque converter too
Old 10-08-2011, 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Old 10-09-2011, 02:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:527
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by race06074 View Post
As a NEW r/t owner i dont agree that the truck is an SLT sport. If it was no one would be buying the r/t. I mean the interior is totally different. The slt has the grandpa shifter on the column. The r/t has a different hood, 22's , different rearend, different seats. So i guess you could put a $70-$80 R/T badge on any truck but you better spend a few thousand more and change a few more things to make it a real r/t. (or at least look more like one)

My SLT Sport (RCSB 4x4) has the exact same exterior look as my buddy's 09 R/T and the identical interior to the R/T,
In fact, I've never seen a Sport with column shift and bench seat.

Since I dropped my 4x4 most peeps at the track think it's an R/T
partially because of the stance, but also because of my 13 second ET's

Performance wise, the R/T only has a slight advantage with a stock 2600 stall TC and 4.10 gears...no biggie
a 3k Stall Edge TC and/or 4.56's will flat out destroy an R/T for about $1000-$2000.

The "Sport Performance Hood" is non-functional, and should be labelled a Sport "Appearance" hood,
pure decoration that can be factory optioned on any Sport model...even a Crew Cab 4x4.

The 22" Alcoa's are nice though, I'd be willing to pay good money for those,
I'll pass on the R/T badges though, its more fun beating up the competition with a plain old Granpa "Sport SLT".

I totally de-badged my ride and replaced the Ram heads with custom Billet Badges Black Mamba Viper's.
That really has the guys I beat wanting a peak under the hood to see if its a 5.7, 6.1, 6.4 or and 8.3

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 10-09-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Rep:10
race06074 is on a distinguished road

So bastically what your saying is your tryng to make it look like an r/t. It is a nice ride, for a non r/t. And like you said you had to put some coin into it to fool people at the track that you actually have one. But i didnt buy mine to race with, i bought it for the looks of something im not trying to make it be. I have had it over a month and i might have 400 miles on it, so you have much more experience than i do. And thank you for correcting me on the interior. The one at the dealer had a column shift and only 20's on it. I didnt know you could get an slt with that interior.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
different torque converter too
Not sure where you heard it was a slt sport. Sport has been it's own trim level since 2006. Before that it was just a package

Btw you can get the buckets with floor shifter on all trim levels except ST and it's derivatives(express and tradesman). It comes standard on sport, outdoorsman, and laramie longhorn though. And only the 2011 and 2012 R/T come with the 22s, the 2009 and 2010 R/T came with the regular sport 20s

Edit: I see where you got it from. RammD if you get on here anymore read the first line of my post about sport being it's own trim level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammD View Post
I just wanted to mention that my truck is an R/T. All R/Ts from my understanding are SLT SPORTS though..which is what mine is. But my truck is definitely an R/T and came with the front R/T badge from the factory, but I saw a post with a nice, regular sized front R/T badge installed on the REAR and it looked awesome. I think it was speedfreak who did it, and maybe Daniel,and I am pretty sure the thread was on this R/T forum but I can't find it. Anyone else remember that thread or have the REAR R/T badge?
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28

Last edited by garner; 10-10-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:527
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
Not sure where you heard it was a slt sport. Sport has been it's own trim level since 2006. Before that it was just a package
My first Ram was an 04' SLT Sport that came with the full paint matched bumpers and 20" Polished Alum wheels.

Quote:
So bastically what your saying is your tryng to make it look like an r/t. It is a nice ride, for a non r/t. And like you said you had to put some coin into it to fool people at the track that you actually have one.
No, what I'm saying is it already looked like an R/T when I bought it new. Same inside and out (minus the badge).
The money I put into it mine made it faster ...dont need an R/T badge for that, just and a torque converter and a gear reduction.
I never intended to fool anyone, most people just dont know or dont care.

...only R/T owners seem to get a little on edge about someone trying to copy their ride by adding a badge to the grill.
If I saw an R/T with the badge removed, slight lift and a 4x4 badge on the tailgate I wouldn't really care,
but they would likely need to be pulled from the ditch by a tow truck or a real 4x4 in the Winter

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 10-11-2011 at 04:07 PM.