DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
Stainless is on a distinguished road

What kind of marks are on the rear diff? Pics?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

actually it sounds like it was damaged in route from the factory, either on the freight train or while being trucked
It is strange that no one at the dealership caught it, unless someone at the dealership did it while it was on a hoist

I think that i might be thinking about Buy Back, they sold you damaged goods & that would always be on my mind, i could not trust that vehicle
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-06-2011, 10:47 PM

Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright white
Rep:13
Stainless is on a distinguished road

Well I would like to see a pic.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Go in and demand what you want done, then and there ASAP and include this phrase... This is the only time I am going to say this and next will be the BBB ( better business Bureu ) NOone likes to have their company listed with the BBB.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 ST
Rep:10
dodged is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info, everyone. And yes, dad is a bit obsessive with pics. He took one of the odometer before it left the dealer and one when it was being towed away. He's got multiple shots of the marks under the truck. He's probably got pics of each drop of gas he put in it, I don't know.

Actually, it went from bad to worse when I talked to the service manager on behalf of my dad. My dad was too upset to talk to anyone and asked me to handle it, besides, he can't hear well on the phone(years of working in noisy diesel shops). The service mgr said he test drove it 20 miles and there was no problem or shaking. I told him what my dad said and how he felt that there was something wrong in the rear end and what it felt like and the fact that my dad was a mechanic and knew what things should and shouldn't look like. (Heck, he's not your average schmo, he fixed trucks for a living.)

I told him my dad gave a good tug on each of the wheels and heard a clank and felt play in the rear tire/suspension area(I didn't remember which side, but said if he'd just check them, they'd find it). But the svc manager didn't even listen to me and talked over me as I was explaining and he argued with me about what my dad said and treated me like an idiot(I am a girl, I must be stupid). He didn't even listen to what I was saying. He was a total ass and if he thought I was a raging lunatic, he should have passed me off to his boss, under the circumstances, and when he suggested I speak to the owner of the dealership, I agreed and asked him to transfer me. Then he went to a rage that I couldn't just talk to Mr. Oz< I mean Johnson, I'd need to call and get an appointment and I asked for the number and waited until the line went dead.

I'll mention again, there was NO blowout, it just felt like the whole rear end was coming apart and my dad had only put 15 miles on the vehicle and the dealer had the truck AND the 35k in cash from my dad and they're going to treat me like that? Bad, bad move.

So dad found the cust svc # for corporate and I called and the woman I spoke to(Sue) couldn't have been nicer! She documented the issue, the rough handling at the dealer, my dad's feelings and fears and empathized with my dad's lack of confidence in the vehicle and said she'd see what she could do to resolve the issue AND she'd get back to me by Monday at the latest.

Now that's what I needed to hear. I feel much better having talked with the corporate office and she assured me that they would do everything they could to satisfy my dad. I told her all they needed to do is supply the vehicle that he ordered in the condition one would expect of a truck that was just driven out of the showroom. Not too much to ask, is it? I want nothing more than to come back and say that Dodge is a solid, honest and reputable company that stands behind their vehicles.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Someone at the dealership will be getting a polite ass chewing
I would have to believe that a factory Rep will be in touch

Sounds like you handled it correctly
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-07-2011, 01:02 AM

Trim Level: Big Horn quad cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:112
Jixer will become famous soon enoughJixer will become famous soon enough

Great avenue of approach, Dodged...you (IMO) have made the correct strides!! Please keep us up to date. Again, best wishes for you and your Dad!

K&N series 63 CAI - 22" Magnaflow muffler - MyGiG Lockpick V.4 - Rhino spray in bedliner - Truxedo LoPro tonneau cover - front and rear view cameras - side steps - tow hooks - skid plates - slush mats
Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

I hope they do a buy back from you, then I would go to another dealer. I wouldn't get anything else from them.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 ST
Rep:10
dodged is on a distinguished road

Updates:
It was sweet having the service manager argue and yell at me about what my dad said until I had to yell back, "Please listen to me!"

... Regardless of how poorly a person does or does not behave when their 24 hr old vehicle becomes a deadly hazard at 55 mph on a highway, a service manager should NEVER, EVER yell at a customer or refuse to listen to an explanation of where the problem came from or the area of the vehicle where it might be found in. And a service manager should never, ever consider a simple test drive as the single holy grail of deciding if a customer is 'over-reacting'. Which, by the way, the salesman told my dad he 'personally' thought dad was 'over-reacting' when dad returned the svc depts' call today. Of course, svc had already left for the day, just minutes after their call. Dad told the salesman, "Over-reacting? If you were in the truck when the rear end started hopping all over the road, you would have jumped out!"

I don't expect that the selling dealer knew of a problem with the vehicle but the dealer it was shipped from(220 miles away in the next state) most probably does and that's where the real question of fraud comes from. Did they know there was a problem and were they thrilled to pass it off to another dealer to sell to my dad?

We can't ignore a major problem like this and have an accident or have a useless vehicle a year from now. My dad brought his truck home Monday at about 3:30 pm and broke down tuesday around noon. The dealer has had it since they towed it back and we have no answers or any idea if/when we'll get it fixed/replaced or if we'll need to see a lawyer, until we talk to the rep at corporate on Monday.

My dad has a silly amount of pics of this truck as well as pics of paper work, odometer readings etc. So here are just a few. I really was amazed at how many pics he had and I had no idea the 'marks' were so obvious. I'm no mechanic and I've never had the desire or privilege to crawl under a new car but does anyone else think a day old vehicle should not look like this?

Last edited by dodged; 10-09-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodged View Post
Updates:
It was sweet having the service manager argue and yell at me about what my dad said until I had to yell back, "Please listen to me!"

... Regardless of how poorly a person does or does not behave when their 24 hr old vehicle becomes a deadly hazard at 55 mph on a highway, a service manager should NEVER, EVER yell at a customer or refuse to listen to an explanation of where the problem came from or the area of the vehicle where it might be found in. And a service manager should never, ever consider a simple test drive as the single holy grail of deciding if a customer is 'over-reacting'. Which, by the way, the salesman told my dad he 'personally' thought dad was 'over-reacting' when dad returned the svc depts' call today. Of course, svc had already left for the day, just minutes after their call. Dad told the salesman, "Over-reacting? If you were in the truck when the rear end started hopping all over the road, you would have jumped out!"

I don't expect that the selling dealer knew of a problem with the vehicle but the dealer it was shipped from(220 miles away in the next state) most probably does and that's where the real question of fraud comes from. Did they know there was a problem and were they thrilled to pass it off to another dealer to sell to my dad?

We can't ignore a major problem like this and have an accident or have a useless vehicle a year from now. My dad brought his truck home Monday at about 3:30 pm and broke down tuesday around noon. The dealer has had it since they towed it back and we have no answers or any idea if/when we'll get it fixed/replaced or if we'll need to see a lawyer, until we talk to the rep at corporate on Monday.

My dad has a silly amount of pics of this truck as well as pics of paper work, odometer readings etc. So here are just a few. I really was amazed at how many pics he had and I had no idea the 'marks' were so obvious. I'm no mechanic and I've never had the desire or privilege to crawl under a new car but does anyone else think a day old vehicle should not look like this?

All I see is rust and paint peeling. Normal
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28