DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Quad cab SLT
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:13
hurley1999 is on a distinguished road
Default spray in bed liner question

So I going to pull out me bed liner and do a spray in liner. Does anyone have experiance with herculiner? what are recommendations? Line-x or rhino-liner. I like the idea begone herculiner only because its a diy thing but havnt heard how it holds up and wears
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Magenta"][CENTER]PA 3" Body Lift * Daystar 2" Leveling Kit * Skyjacker 7000 Shocks * GoRhino Black Step Bars * Black Housing Headlights * 8k Hids * V-Leds * Debadged * 5% Tint & 30% Full Windsheild * AVS Taillight Covers * Recon 3rd Brakelight * LaBra Tonneau * Magnaflow To Dumps * AFe Intake * 17x9 XD Addicts * 35x12.5 Federal Couragia MT * Shorty Antenna * Pioneer headunit * Xm receiver [/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram quad cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: blue
Rep:17
turborich is on a distinguished road

It really depends on who is doing the spray. You can make any of the brands look good if you take your time.

I prefer the Line-x brand myself as it has a drier less rubbery feel to it. After 5 or so years exposed to the elements you might need to have it re sprayed with a light touch up coat as the sun can cause it to become grayish in color.

We sell both the spray in's and drop in plastic bedliners at work. I would suggest the spray in 100%.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Cool. I have the drop in now and i want a lined bed. I have read the reviews on herculiner and they are good. For the price, i would like to do the herculiner but am willing to pay Tue extra money for rhino liner if the herculiner is garbage. I don't use the bed often so I dont need industrial grade 1/2" coating. Just something better than the drop in liner to protect the bed. Thanks for the info so far
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Magenta"][CENTER]PA 3" Body Lift * Daystar 2" Leveling Kit * Skyjacker 7000 Shocks * GoRhino Black Step Bars * Black Housing Headlights * 8k Hids * V-Leds * Debadged * 5% Tint & 30% Full Windsheild * AVS Taillight Covers * Recon 3rd Brakelight * LaBra Tonneau * Magnaflow To Dumps * AFe Intake * 17x9 XD Addicts * 35x12.5 Federal Couragia MT * Shorty Antenna * Pioneer headunit * Xm receiver [/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

Herculiner<Rhino Liner< Line X
If you make sure you do the prep really well then the herculiner will hold up well enough for you I think
Old 10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

If you use the DIY stuff, remember the PREP work is the main part of the process

I have watched Line-X do several spray in liners
it takes a while to tape & drape (protect the truck)
then 2 guys power sand the bed to scuff the paint, remove the tailgate & prep it
wipe everything down & tape off all the holes & plug the drain holes
then they start the spraying process
that takes a relatively short time, & by the time the tailgate is being sprayed, the 2nd person is taking off the tape & drape,
By then 5 minutes have gone by & they could remove the plugs, but they usually find something to do for a bit longer.
Then they pull the plugs & remove any taped hole that should stay exposed, then they put the tailgate access panel back on & then put the tailgate back on the vehicle
Last step is to check the work
Sometimes the customer brings a discount coupon, either from the local coupon book or from a special referral coupon
You also get a lifetime warranty, if someone slides a loaded wooden pallet into the bed & messes up the spray in liner, they re-shoot it

I would rather pay them $400, than buy everything needed to do the job myself
Tape, masking paper, sanding discs, cleaning solution, lint free cloths, etc.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thanks for the advice. I like the herculiner only because i really enjoy working on/tinkering with my vehicles. I would rather do it myself just to say i have done it. I like the warranty you get with line-x and rhino. I know i want something better than my bed liner.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram quad cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: blue
Rep:17
turborich is on a distinguished road

You will be upset if you don't get it professionally sprayed. The DIY stuff is junk. The Line-x uses a high pressure spray system and it looks excellent when done. The DIY stuff looks like crap compared to it and merely puts on a layer the thickness of paint and it will scrape off.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Get a bed rug they are awsome and take a hell of beating