DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I posted the manual above, i guess you missed it
for a full manual, d/l the 430 RBZ manual on this site
http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/quality/rbz/

on the left of that page, you will see
Media Center 430 (RBZ) Manual
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 10-13-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
300MAG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvmtb View Post
Haven't fought with the service department about this lately, mostly because I've been too busy to deal with such a small issue. But finally called them today. And what do they tell me? "We called Chrysler and they said depending on the production date it's not suppose to play dvd's." Maybe so but I find it hard to believe, since any other radio that I've looked at on the lot that has that radio plays them. I think it's their way of saying I don't know whats wrong with it and I can't/won't fix it.
I hate shitty service departments. Guess I know where NOT to buy my next vehicle. I wouldn't even worry about it because the truth is I'll probably never use it. But just because they are trying to just "forget" about it, I'm going to keep bugging them until my warranty expires. Which will be a while.
What is your production date? Mine is 1/11 and it plays dvds while in park. Are you going to the disc tab? I go to disc tab and hit view video button.

I would call chrysler and to speak to district rep, for all you know they never spoke to Chrysler and feeding you bs to get you to drop it. Its hard to believe but some dealers lie. Lol...
Old 10-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: marine blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
New2Ram is on a distinguished road

Mine is a 430N, and plays dvd's while in park. No rear tv's tho, if that's the difference. Built 12/10. I haven't seen one yet that does not play while in park. Sounds to me they are trying to blow you off. You may never use the feature, but you paid for it and should get it.
Mopar Nerf Bars, 3.55 gears, 20% tint, 18" Magnaflow muffler, shorty antenna, 10" Memphis sub, Sound stream amp, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, tri-fold soft tonneau cover, smoke head light and tail light covers, blue l.e.d. brow lights, Built 12-6-10 @ noon
Old 10-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

I have the regular 430 and can play videos in park. No dvd player either. Wonder if there's a setting somewhere to choose between front and rear display
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 10-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:14
wvmtb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I posted the manual above, i guess you missed it
for a full manual, d/l the 430 RBZ manual on this site
http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/quality/rbz/

on the left of that page, you will see
Media Center 430 (RBZ) Manual
Sorry I did miss that. I downloaded it so "I" could read it but I don't see anything I didn't already figure out. The thing is I know how to operate it in other vehicles. But I don't have that option in mine. Let me explain. Take page 66 of that manual where it shows the screen with the channels listed on the right half of the screen. Below that are 2 tabs that read "LIST" & "VIEW VIDEO". I DON'T have the view video tab. All that needs to be done is to hook it up to a computer and re-enable this feature. I can't help to believe that is all that is wrong but they can't figure out how to to it or are doing their best to piss me off and trying to ignore me until I go away. Or maybe, just maybe it doesn't play it....but I still doubt it! Since all the others I have seen plays them and everyone that is posting here says they can also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300MAG View Post
What is your production date? Mine is 1/11 and it plays dvds while in park. Are you going to the disc tab? I go to disc tab and hit view video button.

I would call chrysler and to speak to district rep, for all you know they never spoke to Chrysler and feeding you bs to get you to drop it. Its hard to believe but some dealers lie. Lol...
My production date was 2/11. But according to my dealer it's not the production of the truck it's the production of the radio. At least that's what they are saying Chrysler told them.
As for the lying.....Only the crap dealers lie.....well, ok, the crap ones lie 2-3 times more than a decent dealer. IMO dealers fall in 3 simple categories. Crap, OK, or Decent. Crap = will not buy from again. This dealer is about to become the 2nd one on that list for me
Old 10-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:14
wvmtb is on a distinguished road

Finally after 3 months of fighting with them they fixed it this morning.
Only if the dumb asses would have hooked it up to the computer and re-enabled it like I tried to get them to do since the beginning it would have been over a long time ago. And maybe when it comes to shopping for a vehicle again I would go back to them. But the way they treated me with this little issue, there is a slim to no chance I'll go back there.