DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
BigBzHemiRam is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust

Hello fellow Ram enthusiasts. Im finally getting around to making some simple modifications to my 2010 Hemi Ram. I recently purchased a cai along with a throttle spacer. I had the same set up on my 2000 4.7 magnum Durango and I absolutely loved the sound and power increase. Im hoping for the same results with my Hemi. Im going to get a custom exhaust system installed some time in the next three weeks. I keep changing my mind as to what I want. Seems every time I listen to clips on youtube, I hear what I want on a few and then the same set up sounds like shit on others. I have a simple single exhaust exiting at a right angle at rear passenger side. I am contemplating installing a Y pipe past the cats to go to a fake duel system angled out of the rear corners. I like the look of that. Now. Im thinking of straight pipes to a glasspack on each pipe as opposed to a single straight through muffler then split to duels. I cant find that exact set up on youtube. Any experience with these set ups??
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2011, 02:16 PM
erm

Instead of another Y pipe (and corresponding constriction) in the system, check out the single in/dual out mufflers. I have one made by Magnaflow on my truck and I like the dual look and the sound of the Magnaflow.

Other mfgr's also make SI/DO mufflers.

One of the reasons you think one sounds good then you hear the same one in another video has nothing to do with the exhaust system...it's the recording you are listening to.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:16
jj ram is on a distinguished road

I have the same single exhaust and trying to decide on what to do, I was also thinking glasspacks on each, but now I thinking a single in, dual out Mufflex then dump each pipe out the back corners. I think the mufflex sounds good, nice and deep. The dual glasspacks would probably be less restrictive, but I think too loud for me.