DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L PowerTech V8 Specific Topics
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
grizznander is on a distinguished road
Default AC Control Issue

My AC/Heater will not switch when changed from floor vents to others. A couple of months back it would only blow on high, but would switch. I pulled apart the dash and replaced the door above the blower motor that regulates inside/outside air, cleaned the blower motor and changed a bad blower motor resiter. I also checked all the actuator doors and they worked fine. I put it all back together and it worked great. A month ago check engine light came on with error code and I had to replace fuse for ac (34?). Now the ac/heater will not rotate from floor to vent to dash etc..any input would help. Love the site and info.
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, welcome to the site. I wish I had the answer - but at least I can this so someone might be able to help! Don't forget to drop by the Newbie Checkin to say HI!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Gold/Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:11
Thetolleyman is on a distinguished road
Default HVAC issue

Go here: heatertreater.net

They have a website and product dedicated to this very issue. I installed two of their doors in my 03' and it cured my problem, I had all air flowing out of defrost ducts and couldn't change it. Also was hot on passenger side and not driver side.

Their stuff got me fixed.
[03' Ram, K&N FIPK, Electric fan conversion, Fast Man TB, Superchips tuner, Magnaflow cat-back, 08' intake, 1" body lift, 1.5" coil spacers, 3" lift spindles, 1 1/2" block on rear, rear leaf flip,. [/SIZE]
Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:367
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Heatertreater used to have a very detailed write-up on the various HVAC doors in the Rams but they have changed their site and I think they have the same information on a diagnosis video now. I liked the write-up better myself. Anyway, best I remember it sounds like you have mode door issues. Mode door 1 controls whether the airflow goes to the regular panel vents (that blow on you) or into the second stage of the system which leads to the floor and defrost vents. Once mode door 1 has the air directed away from the panel vents and into the second stage, mode door 2 then directs the air either to the defrost or to the floor. Once again, to the best of my memory mode door 1 is relatively easy to replace with their kit. Mode door 2, however, is the door that is most difficult to get to of them all. It can be replaced much easier than the dealer would do it but it still involves pulling out a significant amount of the dash and related components. According to heatertreater, mode door 2 always falls down when it fails and blocks the airflow to the floor. Therefore, as long as mode door 1 is functioning, you would still be able to switch between panel vents and defrost, you would just never have any floor air. Most people apparently elect to just live with this rather than trying to fix mode door 2.

Check out the video and see if you think this might be your problem. It also might give you an idea of what is involved in fixing it. Out of curiousity, where did you get the new recirc door that you replaced?
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.