DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > HI-TECH Discussion

Notices

HI-TECH Discussion Web, computers, software, GPS, satellite TV, home stereos and other non-vehicle hi tech electronics.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all
Default Can't believe that i am

getting all giddy and exciting about a phone

After all these years as a basic phone user i decided yesterday for my 2 year upgrade with vzw that i will go with a Smart Phone. Purchased the Samsung Stratosphere w/ data plan and it shipped yesterday and out for delivery today.
Cant wait to get my sausage fingers on it and start learning about what i can do with this platform.

I also brought a aftermarket HU for the truck so i can use some of the apps over blue tooth. Speaking of Apps. I have no idea what is out there but joining up the android forums to learn more
Got a couple in mind to put on at the moment.
aDyno - Any thoughts on this or better suggestions?
LogMeIn Ignition
Scanner Radio
Tapatalk

Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2011, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn Edition
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:137
mrboots will become famous soon enoughmrboots will become famous soon enough

I was in the same boat a couple months ago, I purchased a HTC thunderbolt after having my old phone for longer than I can remember.

I suggest when you have some free time, going to the Android Market on the phone, clicking on "Apps", and then you can browse them by Category, Top Paid Apps, Top Free Apps, along with something else. Especially with the free ones, I just downloaded the ones that looked interesting and if they weren't I just deleted them. Also, a lot of the Apps that cost money also have a free trial version you can try first.
35% Tint, Flowmaster 40, Custom painted interior, Painted grill emblem, Custom CAI,6000k HID Fogs/6000k Grill lights, Custom bed LED's, Blue dash LED's, Engine bay/interior lighting, Custom audio, 4" Raptor Nerf Bars, Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Diablosport 93 oct. tune
Old 10-25-2011, 01:46 PM
erm

hahahaha..."sausage fingers"....ROTFL...

Can we get a vid of you using your new phone soon?
Old 10-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I know on the Generation 4 Rams, there are several Apps for our Rams, including some kind of trouble shooting manual

https://market.android.com/details?i...am_truck&hl=en

try the Navigation App too
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

I don't have tapatalk but I haven't had any problems viewing forums through the web browser so it's not worth it for me.
I actually don't have to many apps. Weather channel app is nice although wrong alot.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I would suggest that you get some sort of "app killer" that will kill all of those pre-installed apps that do nothing more than kill your battery.

I also have a battery indicator app, all that it really does is put a numerical icon in your "status bar" that gives you a digital battery level

"Ring Droid" is great if you like to create your own ring tones. All you need to do is place a sound file on your phone music/ system sounds etc

good luck

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 10-31-2011, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Thanks all. I am loving it so far and can't wait to install the HU to listen to some streaming audio via BT.
There is a task manager that was loaded already so make sure to check in there to kill any apps that are still running when not needed.
Apps downloaded so far is
Tapatalk ( use it for two other ram forums)
Scanner Radio (be using this quite a bit once the HU is setup)
Netflix
Gas Buddy (love this one)
Life360 (nice GPS tracking for your love ones)
Dolphin
Wells Fargo