DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > HI-TECH Discussion

Notices

HI-TECH Discussion Web, computers, software, GPS, satellite TV, home stereos and other non-vehicle hi tech electronics.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default What phone should I get??!

I have had my POS Envy Touch for the past 3+ years and I am eligible for an upgrade "with a discount" through Verizon. I am really looking at the Iphone 4s but is there anything better I should check out instead since the 4s is still just a 3g phone while most new phones on Verizon are now 4g! I also do not understand this discount they are talking about since when I went through the upgrade procedure online the total price was still $199 with the 2 year contract for the 16GB phone. Where does this "discount" come into play? I like the Iphone because I know how to use them and I know what they can do.. I plan on going into the Verizon store tomorrow and leaving with my new phone but still not sure if that new phone will be the 4s or not. Help me out guys!!
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

I have the iPhone 4 and would recommend the 4s.
Everyone I know with a droid has some kind of complaint about it, usually battery life or just a fickle problem.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:53 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

My mom has an android or something and I just do not like how the android market place is compared to the App Store on the iphones...
Old 11-03-2011, 01:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I am an old fashion type guy, i am looking for a phone with a rotary dial heheh

I went to my AT&T store & told them that i wanted to change my Motorola V3 for a Samsung Rugby 2
They said that they were willing to let me try out the phone in the parking lot, to see if it was compatible with the Uconnect in my '09 Ram

maybe Verizon would let you try it out, before you buy it, if they want the sale, they should
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

Droid bionic, dual core processor 4g capable. Enough said

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 11-03-2011, 02:10 AM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep water blue Pearl
Rep:72
Alberto22 will become famous soon enough

I also have the bionic and love it! save ya self some cash and check out best buy there cheaper with the phones then the Verizon stores.
MODS. f1 bakflip, rain guards, Mopar bug deflector, husky floor liners, chrome gas cover, westin side steps,steal craft brush guard,Piaa fog lights, painted calipers, sport hood, KENWOOD EXCELON DNX9980HD with cmos 300 camera, Magnaflow 14"
Old 11-04-2011, 08:39 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

My vote goes for the Droid 3. I'm not sure if it's 3g or 4g, but it's one of the few phones that still has the slide out keyboard that you're used to. I've got the Droid 2, it's got it's issues, but I've been real happy with it.

If you're looking to save a little money on your upgrade check out Wire Fly as you can save some serious cash. When I upgraded from my Envy 3 to a Droid 2, the going rate was about $199 per phone, but I got mine for Buy one get one free at $39.

good luck and let us know

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 11-04-2011, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Verizon dropped their price on the Bionic, now $249. There is a known OS issue with the battery life on the iPhone 4S, soon to be fixed on an update.

Face it, no cell is perfect and there will always be something about a phone you don't like. I personally thing the Apple OS, while easy and sleek, is boring. Jailbreaking to get more options is a pain. I hate the virtual keyboards and I miss widgets. When the Samsung Captivate Glide comes out it is bye bye iPhone for me.

I left Verizon when they announced they were taking away all the perks. Old members were going to be allowed one last upgrade with the additional discount off the phones. After that, no more discount, you pay what the price is on the phone and no more early upgrades either.

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:42 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:42
Deathrend is on a distinguished road

I have two phones, iPhone 4 (Personal) and a Moto Druid x2 (Work).

From what I've seen, it's all about what you want and what you're going to do with it. This is my third iPhone and the worst one yet. The battery is lack-luster, the signal is iffy and the apps are meh.

I provide Droid X2's for everyone at work. They are absolutely incredible! When I buy them at work, it's normally Phone/OtterBox/Car Charger/Extended Battery. If you're lucky, they'll run you around $250 for the package (Depending on how much your store likes you, we get less because we buy two a week..). These phones are durable, the signal is over all the best I've seen, short of the old brick phones (We work in the sticks.. one of the things you notice). With my exchange email set to push, and using 15,000 M2M minues (Yes, I spend roughly 60 hours a week on my cellphone..) I can get THREE DAYS!! out of a charge..

I've worked with a lot of phones out there.. The x2 isn't the prettiest, but I'll be damned if you find a better working phone.. Just my $.02 lol
Soon to come, 3500