DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L PowerTech V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ That is a very good explanation!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 11-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I would be willing to help you out if you really need it, but honestly though I don't know if I could get to it before January. Do you have a new engine lined up?

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
mark1963 is on a distinguished road
Default new motor

yes, it's actually sitting in the shop at toyota as we speak, clock is running for my core, they waived the $350.00 core for 30-days, the motor was delivered a week ago, as far as the warranty registration that was to be returned with-in 10-days after the motor was delivered is straight, they told me that as long as i send it in or fax it to them with the milage when the install is complete is ok, they don't want people driving around for a couple of week's before getting around to sending in the registration witch is understandable,, i am sure i can by time on the core as well because or the install date will be on the receipt from toyota, but i would rather just get it done and not by more time on the core,, who knows they my start on it tomorrow but my thinking at this point is after the holidays, thats the only reason why i am looking for a back-up un the install,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I would be willing to help you out if you really need it, but honestly though I don't know if I could get to it before January. Do you have a new engine lined up?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:48 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

If it gets to january let me know I may be able to lend a hand. I have just about every tool needed with the exception of an engine hoist. It honestly shouldn't be too bad of a job, about half a day to a day(assuming you get your hands on a hoist). I'm not too far away and would be willing to make the 2 hr drive to help someone out who needs it. I can throw my entire tool box in my bed...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:34 AM

Default new motor install

i really appreciate the offer but don't think my truck will hold out that much longer, but if you ever need a hand on your truck don't hesitate to contact me,, it's nice to know that someone on the forum is in within driving distance

thanks again
mark

Quote:
If it gets to january let me know I may be able to lend a hand. I have just about every tool needed with the exception of an engine hoist. It honestly shouldn't be too bad of a job, about half a day to a day(assuming you get your hands on a hoist). I'm not too far away and would be willing to make the 2 hr drive to help someone out who needs it. I can throw my entire tool box in my bed...
Old 11-24-2011, 01:59 AM

Default clean engine

well i went to toyota today and my motor was out the truck and the parts was already installed on the new one,, now i really believe it was only the valve seales, i have NEVER SEEN AN ENGINE SO CLEAN INSIDE, i have seen alot of motors opened up for the heads to be re-worked etc. while hanging out at tuffys auto care with alot less miles then my 120,000 that i had on mine,, i mean this thing was super clean, friday i will take some pictures before it is shipped out for my core and try and post them,, the inside of my smoke puffing motor is spotless, i could not believe it when i seen it, i would have rather seen sludge in the dam thing, it would have made me feel better about buying the new one,, well as the tech said, there was something letting go in this motor no matter how it looked,!!!!

Quote: