DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Looks great! How visable is the light if your tonneau was up say? Im thinking about putting blue LEDs in my bed for the "show glow" effect in parking lots etc and wouldnt bother if you cant really tell?

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 10-28-2011, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deepwater Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:89
gingrbredman will become famous soon enough

I'll try to get a pic of the lights at night with the cover open, but just looking at it last night in a dark parking lot, you can tell they are on. If you are looking for the "show" effect, with blue bed lighting, and your blue cargo lights, you would have quite a look going on back there.

Do you have any liner in your bed? With my bedrug, the light is "absorbed" and there is not buck reflection back out of the truck. With a white bed, the blue lights shining down would create quite a "show" effect IMO.
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -
Old 11-26-2011, 05:15 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Hemi Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:34
johnnyG is on a distinguished road

that looks perfect. if it isnt performance its lighting with this truck. ok i am almost ready to do this but i have one question. i may just be seeing something wrong. in the other post RansRam went off a wire inside the cab and you went off the battery. is this correct. as in is it an either or. i know its probably a dumb question but as soon as i figure this tapping wires stuff out i will be putting lights every where inside the cab. but for now i would really like to get these bed lights in. thank you for your help
SC 3865, K&N CAI, Fastman TB, Magnaflow Y to 18", sonnax, Zeon LTZs, Bilstein HDs, LEDs everywhere, sylvania ZXE heads and fogs, shorty antenna, all aftermarket audio and subs, linex, ez down tailgate and lots and lots of love.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyG View Post
that looks perfect. if it isnt performance its lighting with this truck. ok i am almost ready to do this but i have one question. i may just be seeing something wrong. in the other post RansRam went off a wire inside the cab and you went off the battery. is this correct. as in is it an either or. i know its probably a dumb question but as soon as i figure this tapping wires stuff out i will be putting lights every where inside the cab. but for now i would really like to get these bed lights in. thank you for your help
The choice of your 12V constant is really an either/or. RansRam used the hot wire from the trailer brake controller inside the cab. I chose to pull a new wire from the battery. Both options give you a 12v power source and you can go with either route. I wanted to run a separate wire from the battery for all my LEDs but the easier way is really to find 12v power inside the truck. Getting that wire inside was not easy.
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -
Old 11-27-2011, 08:57 PM

ok. that makes sense to me now. THANK YOU for your response. i cant wait to get in and get this done tomorrow. where in Chicago are you. i live downtown and i always look for nice Rams on my drives and i am sure i would have remembered yours. that is seriously a sweet arse Truck
SC 3865, K&N CAI, Fastman TB, Magnaflow Y to 18", sonnax, Zeon LTZs, Bilstein HDs, LEDs everywhere, sylvania ZXE heads and fogs, shorty antenna, all aftermarket audio and subs, linex, ez down tailgate and lots and lots of love.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyG View Post
ok. that makes sense to me now. THANK YOU for your response. i cant wait to get in and get this done tomorrow. where in Chicago are you. i live downtown and i always look for nice Rams on my drives and i am sure i would have remembered yours. that is seriously a sweet arse Truck
NP & thanks Johnny. I'm a little ways south of the city down by I355 & I80. I'm glad I don't live downtown with this beast, not sure how you do it. I actually have to head down there next week and never look forward to driving this around there.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:02 PM

nice i used to roof all around those southwest burbs. i grew up in Aurora also. but now city workers have to live in the city so sweet home Chicago it is for the next 20 yrs. i have gotten used to the bad drivers and the congestion but i still love lugging it around fancy cars and ripping it in the parking garage. til i get the wife out of her high rise living phase.