DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn quad cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:112
Jixer will become famous soon enoughJixer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 ASSAULT 800 View Post
awesome man thanks for the invite! Ill look into riding in Michingan and see what I need and talk to me buddy that I ride with and see if he wants to go too, deffinetly pending snow, the 2 week forecast for here doesnt show much, temps below freezing and flurries, I will send you a PM closer to the date and if I cant go or there is no snow then January I will PM you!

Dan
Sounds great, Dan!! Just keeping our fingers crossed for snow!!!

K&N series 63 CAI - 22" Magnaflow muffler - MyGiG Lockpick V.4 - Rhino spray in bedliner - Truxedo LoPro tonneau cover - front and rear view cameras - side steps - tow hooks - skid plates - slush mats
Old 11-27-2011, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Cool Vanilla
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:63
MoparMadness08 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixer View Post
Oh that's too funny, Mopar!! Last year we stayed at the Hurley Inn and ate dinner at the Iron Horse (I think). Is that the place that has the webcam out back that shows the trail? Anyway, quite a few of us went to "services" on Sunday keeping our faith! There used to be two or three entertainment places, and last year I think I counted 5? Anyway, had a great time. Went up to Lake of the Clouds and coming back on trail #11 had a buddy kiss a tree pretty good. If you ever head south on 11 from the Porcupine Mtn area, I think it runs parrallel to the Presque Isle road, look for the sign we put in the tree for him!!
You ate at the iron nugget. its right next door. we always head north on trail #11. then we ride to the top of porcupine mtn. we usually stop and get gas at the little gas station but he was closed last year. its a long ride from hurley and you need gas by the time you get there. so we drove down the trail along lake superior about another 15 minutes and theres a place to get gas. hurley is the best place to go. if there was more there i would move up there. I live in NC now but go up there once a year to ride. not sure if ill make it this year. Thinkn about selling my sled if you have any buddies lookn. its an 05 F7 efi snopro. only like 1500 miles on it. you ever get on lake gogibic. lots of sleds blow up on that lake. lol
Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparMadness08 View Post
You ate at the iron nugget. its right next door. we always head north on trail #11. then we ride to the top of porcupine mtn. we usually stop and get gas at the little gas station but he was closed last year. its a long ride from hurley and you need gas by the time you get there. so we drove down the trail along lake superior about another 15 minutes and theres a place to get gas. hurley is the best place to go. if there was more there i would move up there. I live in NC now but go up there once a year to ride. not sure if ill make it this year. Thinkn about selling my sled if you have any buddies lookn. its an 05 F7 efi snopro. only like 1500 miles on it. you ever get on lake gogibic. lots of sleds blow up on that lake. lol
YES!! The Iron Nugget!! That was it!! Yeah, we go to the Porky's the other way. Take 2 to 8 to 1 up into Lake of the Clouds (past Porcupine Mtn ski area) then head back down and south on 11. I think our fuel stop is White Pine, and there is only one there and it is tucked away pretty nicely!! You better be looking for the flourescent orange gas sign that is barely visible. Drove right by it last year and had to turn around when we hit the lake at Silver City 'cause the station there was closed. The trail groomer there lived in Silver City and said he had a few 5 gallon cans full if we were too low to make it back to White Pine. Super nice guy!!

Anyway, I think I may retire up there. I know there is not much to do there, but it is gorgeous!! And when you retire, you're not supposed to do anything anyway! LOL!

Lake Gogebic...we call that place "Piston Alley" with all that blow there.

And as far as your sled, I had a buddy looking for that exact sled last year!! He ended up getting an '06 600 ski doo from his brother and law.

Anyway, can't wait to get out and ride!!!!! BTW, ever been up there in the summer/fall time and gone to Copper Peak? The ski flying hill? It's on Black River Road out of Big Powderhorn Mtn toward the lake and Black River Harbor.

K&N series 63 CAI - 22" Magnaflow muffler - MyGiG Lockpick V.4 - Rhino spray in bedliner - Truxedo LoPro tonneau cover - front and rear view cameras - side steps - tow hooks - skid plates - slush mats
Old 11-29-2011, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Cool Vanilla
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:63
MoparMadness08 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixer View Post
YES!! The Iron Nugget!! That was it!! Yeah, we go to the Porky's the other way. Take 2 to 8 to 1 up into Lake of the Clouds (past Porcupine Mtn ski area) then head back down and south on 11. I think our fuel stop is White Pine, and there is only one there and it is tucked away pretty nicely!! You better be looking for the flourescent orange gas sign that is barely visible. Drove right by it last year and had to turn around when we hit the lake at Silver City 'cause the station there was closed. The trail groomer there lived in Silver City and said he had a few 5 gallon cans full if we were too low to make it back to White Pine. Super nice guy!!

Anyway, I think I may retire up there. I know there is not much to do there, but it is gorgeous!! And when you retire, you're not supposed to do anything anyway! LOL!

Lake Gogebic...we call that place "Piston Alley" with all that blow there.

And as far as your sled, I had a buddy looking for that exact sled last year!! He ended up getting an '06 600 ski doo from his brother and law.

Anyway, can't wait to get out and ride!!!!! BTW, ever been up there in the summer/fall time and gone to Copper Peak? The ski flying hill? It's on Black River Road out of Big Powderhorn Mtn toward the lake and Black River Harbor.
You got it. Piston Alley is what we call it to. its funny to see belts laying in the snow about every 100ft. some people just dont get it. Ive never been up there in the summer/fall. ive been to minocqua a few times. but always go up in the winter. If you ever want a place to stay in mercer, go to the great northern. awesome place. has a bar right in the middle so you dont have to leave. I got tore up at that place in 04. lol. it was over new years. wrecked my ZR 800 that year also. Yes i was sober. cheered off a barb wire fence post that was in the middle of the trail at about 60mph. rolled 3 times. just about got ran over. it ripped the kill switch off it so i cut the wires and and hot wired it. took 3 pulls to start. got back to mercer. straightend up the handle bars the next day and rode to the saxon harbor and back. no problems. lol was a hell of a trip. dam i love that area. it was about a 5 hr trip for us to drive up from near the Wis. Dells. stop at stingrays if you ever get a chance. its right there in minocqua on 51 as you drive through on the right side. coll bar/restraunt. sorry for all the rambling. i could keep going with stories up there.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparMadness08 View Post
You got it. Piston Alley is what we call it to. its funny to see belts laying in the snow about every 100ft. some people just dont get it. Ive never been up there in the summer/fall. ive been to minocqua a few times. but always go up in the winter. If you ever want a place to stay in mercer, go to the great northern. awesome place. has a bar right in the middle so you dont have to leave. I got tore up at that place in 04. lol. it was over new years. wrecked my ZR 800 that year also. Yes i was sober. cheered off a barb wire fence post that was in the middle of the trail at about 60mph. rolled 3 times. just about got ran over. it ripped the kill switch off it so i cut the wires and and hot wired it. took 3 pulls to start. got back to mercer. straightend up the handle bars the next day and rode to the saxon harbor and back. no problems. lol was a hell of a trip. dam i love that area. it was about a 5 hr trip for us to drive up from near the Wis. Dells. stop at stingrays if you ever get a chance. its right there in minocqua on 51 as you drive through on the right side. coll bar/restraunt. sorry for all the rambling. i could keep going with stories up there.
I love the stories!! Yeah, I know where you are talking in Mercer, the Great Northern. That is the motel right as you enter town on the right side. We always see plenty of sleds and trailers parked there. In fact, just up the street is a dealership, right? That's always nice And then there is the "Big Duck", or whatever that big sculpture is? Last year we were going to Eagle River, but because of lack of snow there, ended up going further North to the UP. Our first ride that afternoon was to Mercer for a Coke and a burger just to shake out the sleds and make sure they all ran OK. Our third day we went to Saxon...met a neat old guy there who runs a campsite in the summer and runs his bar and cooks burgers for the sledders in the winter. In fact, we were there the weekend after ice on the lake broke free and carried a couple guys out on a chunk of ice. They had to get rescued by helicopter.