Originally Posted by cchriste
This is my new background. Freakin awesome looking truck.
A few questions if you don't mind.
1. The hood. Is that stock or aftermarket? I have a 2009 and the hood looks nothing like that.
2. Was the debadging process hard?
3.I have tinted taillights and that's easy, but you said you cracked open the headlights? Any pics or tutorial on how you did that? I want to do the same.
Thanks for the compliments!
1. Hood was factory. It was an option in late 2009 - it's called the "sport performance hood"
2. Not at all. Takes a little patience, but it's easy. Fiishing line to saw back and forth then to peel off the glue, I just picked at it then used cleaner to get the rest off. (Don't remember what worked - I tried a bunch of different stuff). A lot of people using an eraser wheel for the process but I didn't have that at my disposal. Took about 30 min/side I'd guess.
3. It's a "baking" process. You put them in the oven, heat them up, peel them open, paint them then reseal them. I actually paid somebody who knew what they were doing because I didn't want to screw them up. PM me if you want his contact info. He does it as a side business.