DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-03-2011, 10:46 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMALLEY808 View Post
My 09 quadcab hemi has 136 000 miles on it and runs like new. I just purchased it 2nd hand and had to replace the manifold studs on both pass and driver side. Other than that it literally drives like new and gets 19+MPG and I have even seen it run at 21MPG recently.

My father also has a 05 hemi with 380 000 miles on it. He has had no major issues other than just routine maintenance and the torque converter finally went out of it about 80k ago.

Like others have said the 3rd and 4th gen rams are very well built. We also have a 07 Cadillac escalade ext in the family and it is nothing but problems.
Just where exactly do you guys go? I mean it isnt inconcievable to have that many miles on the 4th gen, but i thought I had alot.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^ my thoughts exactly....I thought my truck had a lot of miles haha...

My friend had a late model escalade and it was also a total POS....hate to say that as I really like GM, but just like every manufacturer there's good and bad...He had a 2nd gen ram and 3rd gen ram before the GM, both good trucks, and now he has a 2011 RT...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:54 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram SLT
Color: stone white
Rep:64
OMALLEY808 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
Just where exactly do you guys go? I mean it isnt inconcievable to have that many miles on the 4th gen, but i thought I had alot.
My father's truck towed our 24ft enclosed trailer as we raced across the U.S. for snowcross (snowmobile racing). We were anywhere from Vermont and Massachusetts all the way to Montana and Aspen, Colorado where I competed in Winter X games.

My 09 on the other hand I just purchased with high kms a few weeks ago knowing that the 3rd gen and up rams are bulletproof given the track record my father's truck has
Old 11-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 SLT 4WD
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
newdude22 is on a distinguished road

Yes I'm biased, but here is my $.02. In 97 I bought a Dakota because of work experiences. I work for a utility and we drive mostly Dodges. We beat them like we stole them day in and day out. The Dodges never complain. The few Ford and Chevy trucks at the shop seemed to always stay at the shop for one problem or another. My current work truck has 140K miles on it of fleet use. It's still going strong except for the wear and tear stuff that happens to any vehicle. Anyway, back to the Dakota. It was a 2wd 2 door and on any given day it was like the little engine that could and I put the commercials to shame with what I pulled off. I towed a 2000lb boat with a tandem axle trailer with the bumper hitch for 4 years. One time I drove it down the boat ramp into the creek to jumpstart a dead battery on the boat. The water was up to the headlights but the exhaust was dry due to the ramp so she didnt stall. I buried it in the mud up to the doors more times than i can count and she never complained. After it was older and had some dings and dents I really pushed it because getting some scratches no longer mattered. I traded it in for a 350z in 04 and i still miss it to this day. When the time came for another truck, I was getting a Dodge. Period. I ended up with an 09 Ram new and still love it like the day I brought it home. I have since pushed my grown-up truck just as proportionately far as I pushed the Dakota, and it has performed flawlessly. I used to spend half a day setting up winches every time I chopped down one of my 80 ft tall oak trees. Now I just hook up a 3 inch rope to the truck, cut the tree a bit and pull it down. It is a beast. I had 1500 lbs of sand bags in the bed and did fine. I had 1.5 cu yards of crushed concrete loaded up and got 18 mpg on the way home from the cement place. When the time comes to retire it, nobody will be talking me into a different brand. People have all kind of different opinions and tastes and it makes the world a better place, but as far as reliability goes, The Dodge is hands down the most truck for the money and it won't quit. (unless of course, if you get a lemon which statistically happens to all brands).
Old 12-03-2011, 05:12 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: MagnaHEMI
Color: Deep Water Pearl Blue
Rep:120
KarateManAZ will become famous soon enoughKarateManAZ will become famous soon enough

2009 crew here. Almost 50k and I can say I have loved every mile! No problems except the RRTs which were taken care of fast and free of charge. My only complaint is my gas mileage... I guess it's all my fault not being able to tame the HEMI however all highway/freeway I do get 20+ mpg.
Oh Yeah its a MagnaHEMI 12.2@109
Old 12-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
milkbone789 is on a distinguished road

After owning all the "Big Three" makes of trucks, I can honestly say that the Dodge Ram is by far the best fit for my needs and wants in a truck. So much so, I am currently driving my third! I bought a brand new 1500 QC Hemi in 2005 and the only issues I've had were emissions related while under warranty. According to the mechanic who worked on it , the computer settings were too sensitive. They flashed it and no more problem solved! Since then, I have only had to replace a $40.00 EGR and driven it another 120,000 hard miles. Now that works for me.....