DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: LARAMIE QQ 4x4 3.92
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:52
AzHunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Scipione View Post
That looks great!

How difficult was install?

FWIW I would leave it just as it is, the vertical stripe in the back ties it all together.
They were not hard at all. I just watched some videos on youtube and followed the instructions. Key there is to just take your time though and get all the bubbles out. If any are left in, just prick them with the corner of a razor blade and press out the excess liquid.

Here is a link to the guys site. I had this idea and the guy at House of Grafx was great to work with. He cut out my design and is now selling it. Yes that is my truck on his website, I got them really cheap in exchange for giving him "advertising pics". I have gotten a lot of complements on the front graphic.

http://houseofgrafx.com/shop/index.p...oducts_id=1400
Old 10-16-2011, 12:33 PM

Location: El Paso, TX via Centereach, NY, Vieques, PR, and San Antonio, TX
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 3500 Crew Cab Dually
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Bright White Clear Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:71
Rec 26 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rec 26 Send a message via MSN to Rec 26 Send a message via Yahoo to Rec 26

Quote:
I saw that coming.

You do know the challenger SRT8 is a 5.7L Hemi right?

Also Rams have been produced as SRT10 but thats precisely why I didn't buy those badges, because I dont have a 10 cylinder engine.

The SRT's typically don't include anything that different, you are talking about premium sound (I have the Alpine upgrade) and stripes (no thanks) and on the new models they get the big brakes (Really want some Brembo's for mine)

So, I disagree about it being "false advertising"

Ok. Here we go.

WRONG!!!! Challenger SRT8 has the 6.1 liter HEMI engine. Starting with the '11 Model, it's a 6.4 liter HEMI engine which is badged as a 392 HEMI. The '12 Chargers and the Jeep Cherokee SRT8 will be badged as a 6.4L HEMI but the engine is the same. On all of the '06 - 10 SRT8 LX bodies (Chargers, Maggies, 300s) and the LD body (Challenger) all share the same power plant. 6.1 Liter HEMI engine and the 5 speed Mercedes transmission.

As for the SRT10s RAMs. Yes they are V10s. But they had the same engine as the Viper. (Thus the "Viper Powered" Badge on either side of the hood).

And just in case you are thinking the first Challenger SRT8 was a 5.7. Think again. That was also a 6.1L.

No true SRT vehicle will have a 5.7 liter engine unless someone drops one in a Crossfire SRT6 (which has happened already) or in a SRT4 Neon/Caliber or in a Prowler (which I don't see how it would fit).

Believe me. The SRTs are a complete different vehicle compared to the other models. As for the Brembo brakes... SRT has always used Brembo Brakes on thier SRT8 and up models. Not 100% sure if the SRT4s and the Prowler has it as well. I do know the 6, all of the 8s, and the Vipers use them.

And before anyone gets on me about it (this if for those that never saw my intro thread nor my pic thread) I call my Ram "SRT Hauler" cause the Ram is the only truck on the planet that is worthly to haul my 6.1 Liters of Hurst Equipped MOPAR Goodness around.

As for the position of your SRT8 badge.... I like it. It's different. Most people put thier hood badges right there by the cowl (best word I can come up with to describe it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangallmotor View Post
There isnt a problem with putting the badge on your truck, you obviously want to. If you like it then that's all that matters. I'm confused since when was there a srt8 ram?
Speedfactory did come out with a 5.7 SRT8 Ram for the '06 model. Bored out the 5.7, added some more power adders, and re did the front bumper. Plus it came with the option to drop a 6.1 liter into it. Arrlington Engines is selling one on their Shop HEMI web site: http://www.shophemi.com/p-715-57l-he...edfactory.aspx and here: http://www.shophemi.com/p-716-57l-he...g-package.aspx Personally I like the black one better.

Been talking with Speedfactory about getting the Stage 2 done to my SRT8 and get this done to my Ram much further down the road... (maybe after another deployment..)

Quote:
Well here's my dilemna.

Since I debadged sometimes I think my truck looks like a big red wall sitting on chrome.

Here's a before and after.....

So, I'm still glad I took off the factory badges because they are impossible to clean and just trap dirt and water. Not to mention they extended almost the entire length of the front door.

I think I want to put something on to break up this giant red wall, but it can't have any holes in it (like the zero's or the 'R' & 'A' portion of the factory badges)

I have seen people relocate their badges onto the bridge of the hood and while I was tinkering with the idea I discovered what I think is a pretty good place for a badge on the side of the hood.

The Hemi badge will fit there, but just barely. What I really needed was something that it only about an inch tall and longer.

I searched and searched for a '345 HEMI' badge to no avail, and eventually found the SRT8 badges which were the perfect size and shape with no holes.

Yes I know I can have custom badges made but I assume it would be insanely expensive.

It cost me $45 to get my SRT Hauler badge done from this guy: http://rebadgedesign.com/ All he needs is measurements and he can hook you up with whatever badge you want/need. He's a vendor on the oldest LX forum out there. PM me for the link to his thread or just go to the site. I know there has been a couple of more people on here that have gotten with him to do custom badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1977 View Post
Go to the dealer and order the challenger HEMI badges, their 8-9 bucks a piece and would fit perfect on your hood. That's what I did....

That's tight!!!! Been debating about dropping the grand for the hood. After seeing how bad ass that looks. Might do it also.

2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab "SRT Hauler Mark I" (traded in)
2014 RAM 3500 Tradesman Crew Cab "SRT Hauler Mark III"

Last edited by Rec 26; 10-16-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:27 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:124
js1977 will become famous soon enoughjs1977 will become famous soon enough

Rec 26 - Thanks, yeah I was lucky enough to buy a truck that came with it from the factory. After seeing how much they are, I don't know if I would of been able to afford one. Unlike you, my deployment days are over, lol...
Old 10-16-2011, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
M.Scipione is on a distinguished road

Got my quote back, $154 for the pair.

Thats gonna take some thought, I was hoping for more around $100.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

As w/ Rec i also had mine done by Rebadge Design and very happy on how it turned out.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9 View Post
I think some of those side stripes on the hood in flat black would really make it stand out.
Can you repost those pictures you had up?

I am about to order those stripes and trying to decide on which color to get.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:02 PM

Well I finally got these badges today...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/345-HEMI-FEN...item3cbf3602c6

It took a month and a half (auction stated 17-18 business days) and then they showed up with dudes finger prints all in the paint and no 3M tape on the back.

There goes $80....

I have another set ordered from Billet Badges that cost about twice as much and I really hope I have better luck with them.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:71
wbowyer will become famous soon enough

I'd be sending those back for another set. 2 sided tape is cheap and all you'd need is an xacto knife to trim it up. You can also have any local vinyl/graphics company quote you on the decals, I had some made up for my Cummins with the Cummins C and Ram cut out in a flat black and they were inexpensive.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport
Color: white
Rep:10
lightfighter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
to my point... from the interwebz....

"This 5.7L HEMI SRT8 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Custom Truck is set to blow the doors off your competition on the street, strip, or track. This HEMI powered truck is ready to go head to head with any classic muscle car or hotrod with high performance features like a Speedfactory Performance engine calibration, suspension upgrades, enhanced body styling, Rhino bed-liner and upgraded interior appointments."

So the differences between that truck and mine are as follows...

1. engine calibration. lol ok.
2. suspension upgrades. oh noes! I'm a poser!
3. enhanced body styling.!!!
4. Rhino Liner. I have stupid Mopar drop in.
5. Upgraded Interior.

I don't see a problem with putting on an SRT8 badge by I guess I must be in the minority.
I think it looks good............. how much where the SRT8 badges if you dont mind me asking
Old 12-03-2011, 07:57 AM

I think they were about $75 for the pair.

When I re-listed them on ebay they sold in about 6 hours, I was really surprised but glad to get my money back out of them.

I'm sure there are several of them listed but you might have to buy them individually.