DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Body & Interior 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 dodge ram 1500 sport 1cab
Color: black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
warrenc is on a distinguished road
Default dodge ram door latch sudden problem

so tonight i go to unlock my truck and the key is just spinning so i get in threw the passenger door and unlatch it and go over to the door and the key just spins it and doesnt un lock or lock it so i remove the door panel and cut the plastic and i see that the key is not connected to anything theres a pink plastic peice just dangling and it looks like its meant for a rod to sit in so that when you spin the key it pulls or pushes the rod to lock or unlock i would be grate full if somebody could post a picture of what it is supposed to look like so i can do the same thing there are two rods one goes up to the interior of the door the little pull or push tap thing and the other goes to the same latch as the intereior handel and the door tap thing . if i could get a picture or a in depth explanation on how to fix this it would be great and i dont even know how it happened it opened this morning thanks guys/girls

warrenc
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2001 1500/1982 D150
Trim Level: Base
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:21
ramfam is on a distinguished road

If im thinking right when cylinder is in nutral position the metal tab on back should face jam. When you turn key to left it will pull up on rod