DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Diablo Predator Questions & Info!

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Scoooter is on a distinguished road
Default DiabloSport Trinity

Hello everyone, great site and have been reading for weeks lol. I have a few questions around the Trinity as I'm trying to pull the trigger on this thing but like to be sure before dropping $600.00.

1. MPG increases? Are you all really seeing a good increase?
2. Interference with Keyfobs and GPS? I've heard that the Trinity interfears with these divices. Is anyone having this issue?
3. I also like my wires tucked away and neat, is anyone having issues with running the wire?

Basicly I don't have a ton of mods on my truck. Magnaflow is about it but I like the idea of getting everything out of my truck and boosting the MPG's. I also have a dyno shop near me that does DiabloSport tunes. Is it worth the money?
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

I love my trinity. You can get mpg increase if you stay out of the gas, which I DO NOT..
I have fact gps and get no interfearance with it or anything else. there are two bundles of wire that have a clip on the ty-wrap that fit the cable perfectly (probably for the techs reader when they are testing) I use those clips and coil the excess wire into the magazine/map pocket in the side of the center console. I have the suction mount on the center upright trim just under the 4X4 switch. Yes its worth the $ IMHO. I would but it again in a heartbeat

Pic of mine in this thread, any other ?s I'd be glad to help. Also check out the diablo section lots of good info there
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=95227
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 12-13-2011, 03:39 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

I have the Predator and in combination with the CAI and exhaust, I saw a 4 MPG HWY mileage improvement. Around town improved too even though I didn't alter my driving style.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I love my trinity. You can get mpg increase if you stay out of the gas, which I DO NOT..
I have fact gps and get no interfearance with it or anything else. there are two bundles of wire that have a clip on the ty-wrap that fit the cable perfectly (probably for the techs reader when they are testing) I use those clips and coil the excess wire into the magazine/map pocket in the side of the center console. I have the suction mount on the center upright trim just under the 4X4 switch. Yes its worth the $ IMHO. I would but it again in a heartbeat

Pic of mine in this thread, any other ?s I'd be glad to help. Also check out the diablo section lots of good info there
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=95227
Man, I like that center console, wish mine had that. I'm trying to find a place on the dash to mount it with velco or something so it's not always stuck to the windshield.

Thanks for the replys. I think I'll pull the trigger on this and see what happens.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:20 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
SilverHemi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverHemi

So guys what is the big difference between a trinity and a DSP? Im so lost when it comes to the tuner thing and im kinda in the same boat i want better MPG's and ill im doing for mods is a CAI and my borla cat-back exhaust.....??

Old 12-13-2011, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

You should also look at the InTune by Diablosport. It's 200 dollars cheaper and has a lot of he same functionality. My Predator is fine for me...same tuning without the fancy screen. A steal at only 289!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:53 PM

I'm stuck on the Trinity, if I'm going to get it I want it all LOL.

So if I order straight from Diablo it's 599.00 plus regular shipping. If I get it on EBAY it's 599.00 with free overnight shipping. Any benifit to getting this from Diablo VS Ebay? As long as it's the T1000 and lists my 09 Ram 5.7 I should be fine correct?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:16 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

Yeah, doesn't matter. I got mine from AutoAnything. The trinity works on everything, no special part numbers
Old 12-13-2011, 05:46 PM

Well, just ordered it. Should have it Thursday. I'm off on Friday so it's time to play with it lol.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:48 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Good luck with it. I'm sure you are going to like it. I like mounting mine down low on the console vs the windshield as we've had a rash of broken windows and gps's, sirius radios and tuners go missing here this summer. Damm smash and grabbers
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity