DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
tonneaucovered.com
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 12-21-2011, 05:08 PM
I NEED TO UPDATE MY EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
jcon44 is on a distinguished road

I havn't pulled the trigger on any yet but been watching a few on ebay. best price so far is about 30 bucks. they sell each side seperately on most i've seen to you should look to spend about 70 total. may be cheaper somewhere else but i havn't found them anywhere else yet. I'll keep you posted if i do. put that on hold until i get the nerf bars done, then i'll focus on the grill. it never ends..
Old 03-24-2016, 04:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Ignition Orange
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Orange1 is on a distinguished road

I have been wanting to take mine out to try to paint it black. Glad you asked because now I know how to try to tackle the project!
Old 03-24-2016, 04:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500/2016 Ram
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl, both trucks !!
Rep:2731
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

2015 Ram grilles are different
very easy to remove
remove the dust cover
unbolt the whole grille, lay a towel down on the top of the bumper before you tilt the top of the grille towards you, it will protect the paint when you lift it off of the lower clips

the grille consists of 4 pieces & the Ram head emblem
the inserts can be removed using 2 flat head screwdrivers

I don't know if you have to unbolt the upper back portion of the grille that has the main support brackets on it, i have not disassembled the original grille yet
too many other things going on

the OEM grille is in this box of parts

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) , 3.55 differential, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau, Line_X, DEBO Step, Mag-Hytec

2016 Ram 3.0 diesel undergoing Mods G2 tonneau, Line-X, Weathertech mats, Mag-Hytec differential cover
Old 03-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Charcoal Gray
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Hemi-1340 is on a distinguished road

Did you leave the 2 outside pieces on the grill insert on they look like they direct the air towards the middle but look like they cover half the grill will it hurt to leave them out ?