DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Diablo Predator Questions & Info!

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
artemus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to artemus
Default Need HELP with adjusting throttle sensitivity

I remember seeing somewhere that I could adjust the throttle sensitivity with the Predator. I am running a 91 octane performance tune. I've looked through the Predators menu while having it plugged into the truck with no success. Is this an option with the 91 performance tune? If so, how is it obtained? Thanks?

Now a rant if you will. I have encountered some computer programs and equipment which was not user friendly. But The DS Predator ranks up there in the top 5% range. The company needs to put out a reasonable owners manual with feature and instructions for the Predator. The unit has done a good job in performance. But for the time I have invested in it, I could have had a custom tuner make modifications cheaper and with less frustration.
Sorry to rant, but this is ridiculous. End of Rant

Again, my thanks and hoping you a Merry Christmas
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 RAM
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:64
NWRQC will become famous soon enough

I am not sure on the adjustments(whats available) for the 09 ram, but the throttle sensitivity adjustment is under the modify tune (all 87,91,93 octane) on my 05. I know on my 05, some of the adjustments wont show up unless I turn the key on (don't start engine, parking brake on) then plug my DS tuner in. I only learned that trick after spending the better part of a day reading old posts. Just a thought, since comm issues seem plentiful with DS tuners. Great tuner hands down, if it works as it's supposed to or if you learn the tricks of making it work like it's supposed to. Try Daiablosport.com's forum as well.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:54 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

Try Modify Tune. It should be in that section.

I agree with ya...as much as I love the Predator programmer results, getting there can be a PITA.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. I feel much better now! Around here, I'm well known for my technical/computer prowess, but was beginning to think my age or something was starting to show, as I found that navigating through the Predator was/is a bit confusing.

I guess I can cancel my tests for CRAFT disease.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 12-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:10
artemus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to artemus

One other question. Do you have to go into the 91 oct perf tune to get to the modifications for that tune? IOWS, at the main screen, should I go into Predator tunes, select the 91 octane performance and THEN go into the modify tune? Once there, is the item I am looking for marked as "Throttle sensitivity"?
Thanks again
Old 12-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: Big Horn, 5.7 hemi
Color: BRILLANT BLACK CREW CAB
Rep:172
FDBDW has a spectacular aura aboutFDBDW has a spectacular aura about

Its in the same list with, shift points, mds , Rev & speed limiter, fan control ect. If i remember right its under modify parameters. You can always reinstall the tune and select modify before loading, kinda of a pita way to do it. Also if your don't have the latest update it may not be on your tool.
MOPAR CAI , 14" MUFFLEX, Diablo Intune 91oct , 2.5" LEVEL, K2 OPEN BLACK MESH GRILLE, FRONT WINDOWS TINTED, ROCKSTARS ON 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, LARADO BED COVER, DEBADGED, GO RIHNO STEPS , RECON SMOKED TAIL & THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS , PAINTED HEADLIGHTS , SPEEDLOGIX CATCH CAN, FASTMAN PORTED TB ,
Old 12-24-2011, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC 6spd
Trim Level: SRT10 RC
Color: Brilliant black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:145
05ram will become famous soon enough05ram will become famous soon enough

WOW, this seems a lot more complicated than my SC3865, even with the advance trans tuning(which is time consuming, but well worth the effort). I was thinking of trying a DSP but maybe not.
2004 SRT10 RC in black, with 500+HP, B&G Stage2 PCM, K&N drop in, JMB Catless mids, JTSVP Gen1 shifter, all synthetic fluids, lots of underhood billet with a Snakeskin radiator cover from JTSHydro, LED tails, BedRug, colormatched tonneau!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemus View Post
One other question. Do you have to go into the 91 oct perf tune to get to the modifications for that tune? IOWS, at the main screen, should I go into Predator tunes, select the 91 octane performance and THEN go into the modify tune? Once there, is the item I am looking for marked as "Throttle sensitivity"?
Thanks again
Yes, you have to select the tune to get to the modify section for that tune.
Have you checked the firmware on the Predator to ensure you have the latest? They are constantly adding new things, so it's a good idea to keep it updated.

Is it marked 'Throttle sensitivity'..... I'd have to hook mine up to see. I'm almost due for an OC, so if I restore my tune before anyone else has an answer, I'll dig through the menus and let you know what I found.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI