DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3915
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Bad Dealerships

Post your bad dealership experiences here

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

U.S. Auto Sales. Lawrenceville GA

Told i needed a thermostat then told a month later i need an another one and they wouldn't cover it even though i had the extend warranty. they told me the part would be 150 + labor so i called autozone they said 20 bucks ok, so i said im just gonna do it myself ill pick up the truck later, so when driving the truck home my radiator hose blew up so i had to go back (of course) and they clamed well we cant get the hose for a week or so and now there was a hell of alot more wrong with the truck (no there wasnt) i had them fix the hose and took it home, funny when i took it to many other shops and they said nothing was wrong with the truck.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:04 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500 QC 4.7L
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:91
icephreaq will become famous soon enough

Wolfchase Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM - Memphis, TN

The "service" department at this stealer-ship should be avoided at all costs! I've had service done at this location a number of times, at I highly inflated cost I might add, because I expect them to be trained on how to do it properly. NOT THE CASE HERE!! I took my 08 RAM truck in for spark plugs, oil change and radiator flush. Trusting that they would know what they were doing I didn't bother to investigate everything under the hood upon my trucks return. A week later I had a check engine light so I investigated to find that my air intake system was just lying on top of the engine unassembled and disconnected from the filter box! I have an aftermarket intake on the truck but come on! My 5 year old could have put it back together! To make matters worse a few weeks later I noticed a ripple in my hood which I discovered was the result of some jerk leaving a tool on top of the battery and closing the hood on it! David Montgomery the service manager apologized for the intake but refused to believe that one of his people could have done the damage to the hood! I refuse to do business with these people ever again, nor will I ever recommend anyone else to.
Debadged and RamForumZ branded, 3bspec LED Tails (chrome), LED 3rd brake light, Putco 360 reverse lights, turn signals and tag lighting, blue LED instrument cluster, Hella 500FF driving lights, self installed OEM foglights, VOLANT CAI in route!
Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I was on a cross country vacation, San Diego County Ca. to Connecticut
Nearest dealership to where i was is Thomaston, Ct.
The dealership is called MODERN MOTORS DODGE/MAZDA

I went to them just after i arrived, knowing that my Ram needed servicing before i continued my trip up to Toronto Canada & then back to San Diego

I tried to set up an appointment for the oil change & they told me that they would be able to get me in, in a month. I then asked if they had a Uconnect WEB devise, called AUTONET. They said that they had never even heard of it, the AUTONET people said that Modern Motors had 6 in stock & none had been sold, according to the records.

Now when i go back east, i go to a Jeep Dealership close by & because i am traveling, i get special treatment.
Thank you Bradshaw Chrysler and Jeep in Oakville, Connecticut
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 12-31-2011, 03:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500
Color: silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
silversnake55 is on a distinguished road

Motor World Auto Group Wilkes-Barre, PA

With 25,000 miles, My E brake release handle broke i only had the truck for 3,000 miles. they said its a wearable part and even though i have the extend warranty they refused to cover it and i asked for dodges claim service number and they actually refused to give it to me and told me dodge doesn't have the final say over this anyway. so after speaking with ram they covered it under warranty and the customer service manager was so embarrassed that a dealer would act like that gave me a free oil change and is ordering me all weather floor mats which i was blown away at considering its a used truck, and to top it off they had me go to a dealer a couple towns over so i wouldn't have to deal with them again. im proud to say im a Ram owner after that.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 2005 2500 diesel 2012 5.7
Trim Level: XLT,XLT, ST
Color: white, blue, brown
Engine: 1996-1998 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 215hp 440lb/ft(manual), 180hp 420lb/ft(auto)
Mike W. is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Phillips C-J-D in Ocala, Fla.

July I traded my 1500 4x4 SLT swb on a used 07 3500 4x4 SLT lwb. Part of the deal was that I would get my old hard bed cover back as I had a use for it and it wouldn't fit the dually. Never heard from them so after getting the seat fixed (on their hook, thank you) so I asked for my bed cover and was told they had 'lost' it. No offer of money to compensate but some old 'used' cover someone had laying around, they even had the gall to tell me my cover was not the brand I told them. I got so disgusted I sold the dually and bought a new 2500 4x4 from another dealer. Stay away from these guys.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
jkelly is on a distinguished road
Default Chysler Techs Careless

So I live in Saint Augustine Florida and bought my Ram 1500 at Atlantic Chrysler. Got a great deal and treated well by the sales side. Decided to talk my truck in for an oil change, they left the dip stick hanging out and gave me the truck back. Decided to give them a scond chance, took my wife's Jeep in for a tranny service, they put the filter in backwards and caused a valve to fail. Had enough and took both vehicles to Jacksonville Chysler, they had the Jeep for 2 weeks to fix tranny, had to call Chrysler to speed up the process (was just sitting on the lot not being worked on). Last straw, took my Ram in for another oil change, left the dip stick out and got grease and oil on the fender, rear bumper and step rails. How does that happen? I wouldn't be so pissed except for the fact that I know how simple of a task this was. I really hope Chysler reads these because I would have thought that going to the dealership would have been safe. Feel free to reply or respond if anyone has a way for me to contact someone who can really change something with these techs. Thanks!!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: True Blue Pearl
Pig is on a distinguished road

Lustine Dodge,
Woodbridge, VA

Only saving grace of the place was a sales rep who looked like Tracy Morgan. Worst experience ever. I went through 2 sales reps only to deal with a third pushy, rude, and arrogant sales manager who can't count to come up with a final cost of the vehicle. After a price was reached, they brought out another sales person to try and push off another $1300 cost for Scotch Guarding and an undercoating. The finance guy ran the numbers and came up with a different cost, only to be corrected by Madame President and come out $200 less than the original agreed upon price. Went back three weeks later to have NAV unit upgraded, they scratched the vehicle and tried to send me home telling me to wash and wax normally until the scratch magically heals itself. It took 8 weeks to get my permanent tags. I had three case numbers with Chrysler, LLC to get things fixed. If that wasn't enough, when Chrysler called to chat with the GM, she was redirected to the sales manager who immediately hung up on her. When she called back, he hung up on her again. I've put in calls to the GM and he keeps having his lackies and toadies return my call. Lastly, one of their sales reps asked me what they could do to make it up to me. I told them wheel to wheel side steps or at least a discount on them. When he brought up that idea to the managerial staff, they openly laughed and scoffed at him. Because of my experience with them, the wife (aka Madame President) refuses to own another Dodge product because we'd have to deal with another Dodge dealer. Bottom line, if you're in the DC or northern Virginia area, find a different dealership.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Doge Ram
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
pruitt146 is on a distinguished road

Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID

In my search for a 2013 Ram I used Google to find the "largest" Ram dealer in the USA. This is the one that came up and if this is the best, I'd hate to see how the worst one is ran. I called up and was told we will crush any other dealers price so after going over which truck I wanted the salesman said give me a few and I'll called you back with an "awesome price". Well when he called his OTD price was the exact same as the one I got local but his truck was a QC and the one local was a CC. Then he went on to tell me they couldn't sale that truck that cheap and that when I went to take delivery they would give me another truck. I guess he thinks I wouldn't notice that it wasn't the truck I picked out. He then proceeded to call me 7 more times trying to get me to give a $500 deposit to hold the truck until I could fly out and take it home. They may be a good dealership but they are in the habit of employing morons.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn Crew Cab
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:30
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Default Wouldn't buy a piece of gum from these chumps

Salsbury Dodge City Baton Rouge LA

I'll give you a list of the things I did not like about them.

1. Very Pushy, tried to tell me what I needed.

2. Sales Manager was one of the rudest individuals I've ever met. Basically cursed out his salesman within earshot of me and my wife over getting us to commit to buy.

3. High Pressure to buy now. Gave us the this is a one time offer deal. If you come back tomorrow you won't get as good of a price.

4. Unprofessional looking, half of the sales staff looked like a bunch of bums, sitting around on a golf cart waiting for the end of the day. The dressed sloppy, with shirts untucked and basically an I don't give a care attitude.

5. Spys, when the wife and I asked numerous times for our sales person to give us a few minutes to speak privately he would walk away, but all of a sudden another salesman would suddenly appear within a close distance acting like he was doing something else, just to overhear our conversation.

6. When they realized we were leaving without buying, they got mad. They tried to sick the BIG BOSS on us to gives us one last chance to buy. This jack leg, whoever he was was the most arrogant jerk of the lot. Seemed pissed he had to come out of his office to deal with us.

The wife and I couldn't get away quick enough. We ended up buying two vehicles, a ram 1500 and a dodge journey two days later from another dealership just fifteen minutes away in Gonzales. (Ralph Sellers) If you like high pressure, and arrogant staff Salsbury is the place for you. If not don't even waste your time.