DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500 4.7L
Trim Level: Lone Star Edition
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:22
BigDaddy112 is on a distinguished road
Default 15" Box

I have a 15" sub from my last truck that i want to put in my ram. it is a quad cab. just wana know if anyone has any suggestions for boxes i could build and how i could set it up.... thanks
Sponsored links
Old 07-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Center console is a great spot. It will be a tight fit, but I have seen it done.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:56 AM
erm

Depth of the speaker seems to be the biggest concern. See what kind of clearance you have for vertical installation under your rear seat. Remember, you need some air clearance under and to the sides of the speaker for the box.

I've seen some dual and single 10 & 12 inch boxes but not a 15"...not that they don't exist.

Do you have an audio store near by? Maybe they can provide a recommendation.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:55 AM

chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

You could have it behind the center seat, facing towards the rear seat. Basically an "L" shaped box that goes under the center console and replaces the middle seat. Or just have it firing down towards the floor in the middle there. If you raise the rear seat, there may be room under there for the 15" on one side underneath. But most 15" subs would require so much airspace that the box would take up all the room under there. I wonder if it is possible to shorten the one side of the split rear, and build a center console in between them with a sub facing forwards...
Old 07-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500 4.7L
Trim Level: Lone Star Edition
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:22
BigDaddy112 is on a distinguished road

chithead.....i like the idea about the l shaped box. would the flip up console stay up without a seat??? and also what could i do to not make it stand out as much??? also my amp is huge. its a 6000 watt amp and about two feet long. where could i mount that so i could have easy access??? thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 03:06 PM

The console actually bolts to the side of the box so you could fabricate your speaker box to have it set on top and still flip up. You could cover it in foam and vinyl to make it look factory, then flush mount the 15" into the box. I am working on a similar shaped box for my 12" but it will be recessed into the box, with the port exiting on top of the sub and then blowing through an opening similar to the Ram logo.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:07 PM

Oops, forgot about the amp, if you do the center console box then it could go under the rear seat, with the wires running along the back wall, hidden and clean looking.